Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of SolaceāœŒ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
But he still started all of that ish by taking away the Arrakis from Harkonnens in order to wipe out Leto. He should've already known that Leto would've found a way to work with the Fremen, and use them as an army. Even if they severely underestimated the numbers of the Fremen, or as the governing body who didn't care and didn't reveal, Arrakis is still an advantage for its inhabitants. if the plan was to disrupt them, remove them away from their home security, he should've known that someone that possessed that likeability and capability would find allies anywhere he went. Was he banking on Paul being incompetent?
He was banking on Paul being dead:pachaha:.

It's an obvious advantage, yes, but moving them to Arrakis was a double-whammy. Leto can't pass up the opportunity to rule over Dune because it'd make his house enormously wealthy. Additionally, making the Harkonnens pay for the entire military operation to wipe out the Atreides essentially bankrupted them. It honestly was a brilliant decision [from someone that didn't understand the Bene Gesserit].

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was banking on Paul being dead:pachaha:.

It's an obvious advantage, yes, but moving them to Arrakis was a double-whammy. Leto can't pass up the opportunity to rule over Dune because it'd make his house enormously wealthy. Additionally, making the Harkonnens pay for the entire military operation to wipe out the Atreides essentially bankrupted them. It honestly was a brilliant decision [from someone that didn't understand the Bene Gesserit].
That a key point most people don't catch if the Bene Gesserit did not plant the seed of the chosen who mom is one of their Member his plan would have work:ehh:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of SolaceāœŒ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
That a key point most people don't catch if the Bene Gesserit did not plant the seed of the chosen who mom is one of their Member his plan would have work:ehh:
Even then, his plan would've worked if Dr. Yueh hadn't packed a stilltent and various supplies for Paul and Jessica. Them nikkas would've died in the desert:pachaha:.

You can't really blame Shaddam for taking that L because there were a slew of unfortunate events that couldn't have been planned for by someone that didn't have prescience.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Couple corrections:

The Sardaukar are the best fighters in the universe (marginally better than the Fremen) until Paul & Jessica come down and give them training. Afterwards, they're able to best the Sardaukar even with a 1:3 disadvantage.

The emperor freely sent his Sardaukar to help the Baron because he got word that House Atreides were training the Fremen, which is a big no-no because the Atreides already had the 2nd best army in the empire by a mile.

Think about it. Another house that is under your rule enlists tens of thousands of troops that are already near-peers to your seemingly unbeatable army. You'd freak the fukk out and try to wipe that house off the map.

I will say this; the emperor should've just wed Irulan to Paul and called it a day. That was the most logical move.
ehh not really - The emperor was a puppet of the Bene Gesserit maneuvers as well - they actually didnt want Atreides to grow in power or status either which is why they participated in the blood feud between the Harkonnens and Atreides - they knew Jessica was semi lost to them and only realizing that Paul now existed they figured the destruction of the Atreides would just be the motivation to gain control of Paul ( of course not realizing who he actually was but since they could only communicate with the past and couldnt see the future they fukked up )

they only needed Irulan to to control the Landsraad ...they were going to do away with the Empreror and in a way he kind of knew it - the BG plan was to combine a Harkonnen male with an Atreides female and then theyd get the Kwitsach who would be able to see the future and communicate with the past....and with luck someone under their control since Jessica and ( un beknownst to everyone else ) the grandmother was a Reverend Mother Helena Moham ( she was raped by the Baron and she cursed him by making him a fat gluttonous pig )

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Couple corrections:

The Sardaukar are the best fighters in the universe (marginally better than the Fremen) until Paul & Jessica come down and give them training. Afterwards, they're able to best the Sardaukar even with a 1:3 disadvantage.

The emperor freely sent his Sardaukar to help the Baron because he got word that House Atreides were training the Fremen, which is a big no-no because the Atreides already had the 2nd best army in the empire by a mile.

Think about it. Another house that is under your rule enlists tens of thousands of troops that are already near-peers to your seemingly unbeatable army. You'd freak the fukk out and try to wipe that house off the map.

I will say this; the emperor should've just wed Irulan to Paul and called it a day. That was the most logical move.
nah the Feemen were on par fighters or better than even Atreides- they just sucked at tactics - Again the measure was Duncan Idaho ( who was better than even the best Saadukkar ) telling Guenry and Paul he had the fight of his life where he was scared with just one ( read a regular ) of them ...@2:23

Duncan killed Saadukar almost 10 to 1- and he freely admitts he had never come as close to dying as just fighting one of their guys ,,,,

Paul beat Jamis , not just because of Idahos and Gurneys training , but also because he was a Mentat - Paul was a living computer capable of calculating and predicting actions ( its how he realized the best way to wear a Stillsuit ) and because of his Mentat abilities he was able to intuitively figure things out and outthink most opponents .... once he drank the Water of Life ...it was a wrap - he was God level intelligent.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
can anyone explain to me how they get off the worms and how
they get everybody on one worm at once? I guess they all jump on?
Not so fast play boy :ufdup:

You gonna have to pay for part 3 to see that

Speaking with IndieWire, Villeneuve reveals that he knows how the Fremen sandworm dismount works. Villeneuve said that he constantly gets asked how the Fremen sandworm dismount operates. According to the director, he ā€œfound a wayā€ for the Fremen to get off the sandworms but realized that ā€œit was not dramatically necessaryā€ to see the action take place in Dune: Part Two. Instead, Villeneuve hopes to include this feature in Dune 3. Check out the full quote from Villeneuve below:

I knew how. I found a way. It was not dramatically necessary in ā€˜Dune: Part Twoā€™ to see someone get out of the worm, but I know how to do it. And I canā€™t wait to put that on screen.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Spectacular movie. Don't see too many blockbusters that refuse to hold the hand of audiences like this film. There were some laughs at Stilgar but for the most part there wasn't much humor here. No insipid outer/inner dialogue either. I can def imagine other directors having Paul say "ok I'm alright, I'm alright, shyt shyt shyt ok calm down you're doing great Paul" during the worm riding scene lmao.

There were def some pacing and editing issues that may have confused people. Paul's coma for instance, as well as the odd throne scene where Paul first enters, followed by the continuation of battle scenes outside. Also seemed like the ending didn't really land for the audience I was in. BTW I've never seen so many white girls mad about a film scene where a guy picks a white chick over a black/mixed chick. White girls were loudly whispering "nooooo"
:mjlol: