Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I thought the movie was ok. And can tell Deni doesn't like dialogue, because there is NO memorable dialogue in the whole movie. I think this would be better as a TV series, so you could dive into the politics of the world more.

I know they're doing a DUNE TV SERIES based on the WITCHES, but that's 10,000 years before this movie.
Bro…THANK YOU. The dialogue was forgettable as fukk.

Dennis is a refined Zack Synder, the visuals are technically incredible but they aren’t memorable. The way he tells stories is just…..very standard, run of the mill.

It looks very well polished but that’s it. Honestly thought Dune 1 was better and even that was a struggle to get through.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Terrible story wise.
The changes from the book in this movie made no sense whatsoever and hurt the series moving forward.

I don't understand why because his changes didn't make a better movie.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Bro…THANK YOU. The dialogue was forgettable as fukk.

Dennis is a refined Zack Synder, the visuals are technically incredible but they aren’t memorable. The way he tells stories is just…..very standard, run of the mill.

It looks very well polished but that’s it. Honestly thought Dune 1 was better and even that was a struggle to get through.
I've been saying this for years his visual style is excellent he can't not make a movie with real life relatable characters to save his life. I stand on that.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:what:your takes are thrash here and trash in JBO, go watch Incendies, Sicario, Prisoners, even Enemy
Sicarii is the dumbest movie that people want to be greater than it is.

The protagonist doesn't exist in real life because they would never get to that position. Fbi isnt getting letting any of there people get ho'ed by another federal agency , let alone cia operating on their turf. Again beautifully shot movie terribly story with shyt characters.

Prisoners another terrible movie that goes for symbolism over real characters or should I say at the expense of logically sound relatable characters.

Enemy and arrival all the same, excellent visual style no characters that are relatable because they all are so plot based in rationale that real people can't relate.

Blade runner sequel he made is another one all the effort in visual style to honor ridley and that works 100 percent boring as hell , poor character work, poor plot that makes no sense, utterly forgettable film

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps

The protagonist doesn't exist in real life because they would never get to that position. Fbi isnt getting letting any of there people get ho'ed by another federal agency , let alone cia operating on their turf. Again beautifully shot movie terribly story with shyt characters.

Prisoners another terrible movie that goes for symbolism over real characters or should I say at the expense of logically sound relatable characters.

Enemy and arrival all the same, excellent visual style no characters that are relatable because they all are so plot based in rationale that real people can't relate.

Blade runner sequel he made is another one all the effort in visual style to honor ridley and that works 100 percent boring as hell , poor character work, poor plot that makes no sense, utterly forgettable film
didnt read....
Go jack off to women who can bench press a pickup truck

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I've been saying this for years his visual style is excellent he can't not make a movie with real life relatable characters to save his life. I stand on that.

I’m actually impressed by how good of a job he’s doing of fooling people. I’m in awe.

Arrival was the best example of his filmmaking. Forgettable characters, poor pacing & uses the plot as a star vehicle with the actors playing the background. The characters of Ian & Louise are paper thin and it’s a prime reason why that movie doesn’t get mentioned much whenever his movies get brought up.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I’m actually impressed by how good of a job he’s doing of fooling people. I’m in awe.

Arrival was the best example of his filmmaking. Forgettable characters, poor pacing & uses the plot as a star vehicle with the actors playing the background. The characters of Ian & Louise are paper thin and it’s a prime reason why that movie doesn’t get mentioned much whenever his movies get brought up.
Dune 2 should have been a layup, but has literally destroyed crucial plot points to the series because of his own ego and belief that he can write better plot and character than Herbert when he couldn't carry Herberts jockstrap.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Dune 2 should have been a layup, but has literally destroyed crucial plot points to the series because of his own ego and belief that he can write better plot and character than Herbert when he couldn't carry Herberts jockstrap.
It’s bizarre as fukk too because the things he took out would’ve added much needed nuance to the story. The lasers/shields and the reason WHY they use knives, changes with Alia & Chani. I also felt the world building he envisioned just doesn’t look that interesting but that’s a personal critique. It looks large scale but it feels like just another big budget movie. Herbert rolling in his grave.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Terrible story wise.
The changes from the book in this movie made no sense whatsoever and hurt the series moving forward.

I don't understand why because his changes didn't make a better movie.
I think he just went with the decision to make a standard heroes journey Action movie.

However, I think it hurts the future movies, since they omitted a large amount of setup..if they do Messiah. They'll prob combine it with Children, but even that'll be hard to do