Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
First one had the worst fight scene ever, them nikkas looked like they where floating in space

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Coli overhyping tf outta this movie so much that I was slightly let down after finally watching. It was good though. 8/10.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Freman storyline is kinda boring. Spending the first 45 mins of the movie in the desert hurt the pacing a bit

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I’m actually impressed by how good of a job he’s doing of fooling people. I’m in awe.

Arrival was the best example of his filmmaking. Forgettable characters, poor pacing & uses the plot as a star vehicle with the actors playing the background. The characters of Ian & Louise are paper thin and it’s a prime reason why that movie doesn’t get mentioned much whenever his movies get brought up.
Arrival is incredible. 4 sci-fi classics in a row for Denis :wow:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Bro…THANK YOU. The dialogue was forgettable as fukk.

Dennis is a refined Zack Synder, the visuals are technically incredible but they aren’t memorable. The way he tells stories is just…..very standard, run of the mill.

It looks very well polished but that’s it. Honestly thought Dune 1 was better and even that was a struggle to get through.
Snyder couldn’t in his wildest dreams even hold Denis’ coattails

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I think he just went with the decision to make a standard heroes journey Action movie.

However, I think it hurts the future movies, since they omitted a large amount of setup..if they do Messiah. They'll prob combine it with Children, but even that'll be hard to do
Yeah he wrecked the series with lazy needless changes and really the studio should have over rode him

I can't see how they can fix it without major reshoots and retcons to change what he did and there was no reason for him to do it

At the end of the day Paul fails because he doesn't have the stomach to do what Leo does

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
He did it well in Watchmen.

Denis isn’t this directing savant you’re making him out to be. Great visuals, that’s it.
I love the watchmen a lot, I’m not a Snyder hater, but Denis is an auteur. He will be mentioned amongst the goats. He’s not a one trick pony, he has classics in multiple genres and types of film. Denis would never release some of the absolute garbage films Snyder has.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully Rendezvous With Rama is his next film to make that 5
If he doesn’t do messiah immediately (which he probably will if it gets greenlit) he seems to be wanting to do his cleopatra movie and then will probably do rendezvous. Super excited to see where his career takes him.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Denis did a great job with what he had to work with, but the story still has some holes
you just know Israel would have packed those fremen up, so why couldn't the harkonnens?
The Harkonnens thought there were only 50 thousand of them .....when there are actually MILLIONS of them - it was explained in the first movie and this one too.The Freeman just want to left alone but the Harkonnens keep fukking with then ( theHarkonnens believe in just dominating anyone they come across )

Plus they are THE best most savage fighters ...Duncan Idaho a Master fighter was an Atraides ( who were already the best fighters in the Galaxy) and he said he had a hardest fight of his life with just a one on one with a single Freeman

The Harkonnens just have money and fodder ( lots of soldiers ) - thier dudes aren't built like that tho which is why the Baron hires a battalion of Sadukar who are the only ones maybe better than the Atraides

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he doesn’t do messiah immediately (which he probably will if it gets greenlit) he seems to be wanting to do his cleopatra movie and then will probably do rendezvous. Super excited to see where his career takes him.
He said he wants to take a break for Dune and film something else. I read that he stated he is picking whichever one is ready to go first between Rendezvous and Cleopatra.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
I love the watchmen a lot, I’m not a Snyder hater, but Denis is an auteur. He will be mentioned amongst the goats. He’s not a one trick pony, he has classics in multiple genres and types of film. Denis would never release some of the absolute garbage films Snyder has.
Which is why he’s a refined Zack. He’s taking all the good that Zack is good at and makes it great while the bad that Zack does he minimizes it to a degree but doesn’t improve on it. Has the same issue Zack has with making hollow characters for the sake of the vision he’s implementing.