Duke volleyball players ‘racially heckled’ by BYU fans during match

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dont blk conservatives usually deny shyt like this happens, that racism doesnt exist unless it can be pinned to white liberals?
Yeah they do but I wondering what the investigation has found. There argument is she's the only one who heard it

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Yeah they do but I wondering what the investigation has found. There argument is she's the only one who heard it
who is doing the investigation? Cause i dont see anyone in that audience speaking up for her.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

South Carolina women's basketball cancels series with BYU over 'the incident' with the Duke volleyball team​

Tyler Greenawalt
Tyler Greenawalt
Sat, September 3, 2022 at 10:15 AM·2 min read

South Carolina women's head basketball coach Dawn Staley announced the Gamecocks won't face BYU in a home-and-home series that was scheduled to start this year. A Black female Duke volleyball player accused BYU home spectators of shouting racial slurs at her during a match last week.
“As a head coach, my job is to do what’s best for my players and staff," Staley said in a statement Friday night. "The incident at BYU has led me to reevaluate our home-and-home, and I don’t feel that this is the right time for us to engage in this series.”
The Gamecocks were scheduled to open the 2022 season at home against BYU on Nov. 7 and then travel to BYU next season.
Rachel Richardson, the sophomore outside hitter for the Blue Devils, alleged that she and her Black teammates were heckled throughout the team's match at BYU and that officials, coaches and authorities took too long to respond to their claims. BYU eventually identified and banned the fan – who it said wasn't a student – it claimed shouted the slurs at Richardson and her teammates, but police later said that fan wasn't the heckler.
In any event, Staley didn't believe it would be smart to play BYU so soon after the incident and especially didn't want to travel to Utah in 2023. South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner also said in a statement that he supported Staley and her staff's decision.
The BYU women's basketball team tweeted after the announcement that the team was "extremely disappointed" in South Carolina's decision and asked, "for patience with the ongoing investigation."
"We believe the solution is to work together to root out racism and not to separate from one another," the team added in the tweet.
Staley and the Gamecocks are coming off their second championship since 2017 after beating UConn, 64-49. She's 366–105 since becoming the head coach in 2008 with 10 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.
Dawn Staley and the South Carolina women's basketball team won't play BYU this year or next. (Photo by Bailey Hillesheim/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

Dawn Staley and the South Carolina women's basketball team won't play BYU this year or next. (Photo by Bailey Hillesheim/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

South Carolina women's basketball cancels series with BYU over 'the incident' with the Duke volleyball team​

Tyler Greenawalt
Tyler Greenawalt
Sat, September 3, 2022 at 10:15 AM·2 min read

South Carolina women's head basketball coach Dawn Staley announced the Gamecocks won't face BYU in a home-and-home series that was scheduled to start this year. A Black female Duke volleyball player accused BYU home spectators of shouting racial slurs at her during a match last week.

The Gamecocks were scheduled to open the 2022 season at home against BYU on Nov. 7 and then travel to BYU next season.
Rachel Richardson, the sophomore outside hitter for the Blue Devils, alleged that she and her Black teammates were heckled throughout the team's match at BYU and that officials, coaches and authorities took too long to respond to their claims. BYU eventually identified and banned the fan – who it said wasn't a student – it claimed shouted the slurs at Richardson and her teammates, but police later said that fan wasn't the heckler.
In any event, Staley didn't believe it would be smart to play BYU so soon after the incident and especially didn't want to travel to Utah in 2023. South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner also said in a statement that he supported Staley and her staff's decision.
The BYU women's basketball team tweeted after the announcement that the team was "extremely disappointed" in South Carolina's decision and asked, "for patience with the ongoing investigation."

Staley and the Gamecocks are coming off their second championship since 2017 after beating UConn, 64-49. She's 366–105 since becoming the head coach in 2008 with 10 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.
Dawn Staley and the South Carolina women's basketball team won't play BYU this year or next. (Photo by Bailey Hillesheim/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)'s basketball team won't play BYU this year or next. (Photo by Bailey Hillesheim/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

Great move by Coach Staley.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

When have whites never been obvlious to anything that affects Black people, of course they'll say they didn't hear it :what:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
These random YTers are circus clowns shucking and jiving for views. Thet aren't Black conservatives.

You cannot be a Black conservative in majority cac Amerikkka..it is technically infeasible because of the power dynamic.

In a majority Black Country yes, you can be a Conservative as most people are anyway but it looks stupid in a majority white nation.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
If you are to believe what you read on thecoli then rap music influenced those BYU crackers to do that. :heh:
This is yet another thread where @Matt504 has not denounced the toxic practices involved with white culture.

Let this have been a thread about some black boys harassing a white couple walking up the street and he would’ve been in here talking about toxic black culture and rap music.

On a different note, I saw Roland Martin cover this story first last weekend while he was on vacation, but the first thing he mentioned was how this girl’s father was a big wig in DC and his frat brother. I wonder if that wasn’t the case would he have dropped everything he was doing and blew it up the way he did.

I’m sure this story would’ve been just as big regardless, but it shows how privilege and access apply no matter the situation.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You cannot be a Black conservative in majority cac Amerikkka..it is technically infeasible because of the power dynamic.

In a majority Black Country yes, you can be a Conservative as most people are anyway but it looks stupid in a majority white nation.
There are ,and have been Blacks who hold conservative political views. Not circus clowns or buffoons who say shyt for shock value, but people who lean towards conservatism.

Before politics and news media adopted wrestling themes about hero/villain and Baby face/heel, people would publicly state their views about different issues and where on the political spectrum those different views were.
On some issues, some Black tended to be very conservative.

Today "conservative" and "liberal" are dirty words to different people because of how politics are covered, and how the right has openly embraced racism.