Dudes are really financing engagement rings

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just Like Anything You Are Willing To Spend Money On You Gotta Go By Your Budget

That Goes With Buying A Home, A Car, Etc..

Dont Put Ya'self In A Difficult Position To Pay Off A fukking RING

All This "It's A Symbol Of Love" Rhetoric Is Bullshyt

Do You Know How Many People Have Some Cheap Item In Their Family That Symbolizes More Then They Can Put A Dollar Amount On? Alot

Im Not Saying Be A Cheapskate, But Do What Works For Your Budget

If Your Fiance Is Not Understandable To Your Financial Situation Then Dont Even Bother Cuz That Will Be Just The Beginning Of Your Financial Problems With This Broad

The BEST Solution Would Be To Get The Best You Can Afford At The Time And Make A Promise To Yourself As A Man To Better Yourself Financially

And With That Make A Promise To Your Wife To Upgrade The Ring On Her Finger

I Guarantee You That "Cheap" Ring Is Gonna Hold A Ton More "Value" And "Symbolism" When You Look Back On It

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I couldnt see myself spending more than 2500, and I would upgrade the ring as the years in our marriage progress

This is exactly what I did. I gave her a cheap ring when we got married (it's all i could afford at the time :yeshrug:) so christmas of 2008, i hit her with a bigger ring. if we make it to 10 years, i'll get her the final ring.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
This was one of the main reasons I never proposed to my last girl. I learned so much when we finally went a started looking at rings.

-three months salary? :ohhh:
-even if its not three months, its a few thousand that i didnt have in cash :ohhh:
-i have to not only buy this ring, but a wedding ring, AND my wedding band :ohhh:

so I decided to wait. Ironically by the time I had the money saved to buy it outright, me and her were no longer together. :youngsabo:

You shouldn't be buying your own wedding band, your wife to be should. and if she wants diamonds in her ring make sure you make her get you one with just as many. nikkas like to shine too. and the engagement ring/wedding band come together as two rings for the price of one.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
You shouldn't be buying your own wedding band, your wife to be should. and if she wants diamonds in her ring make sure you make her get you one with just as many. nikkas like to shine too. and the engagement ring/wedding band come together as two rings for the price of one.

You CAN get them together, but you don't have to buy the set... and most of the time it's not for the price of one. If you pay close attention, the price of the band is taken into account, and you can buy them separately and you would still pay the same amount.

Most of the time where it's "for the price of one" is when they're having a big sale, or they're discontinuing the ring design.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
I got 0% financing for 12 months when I bought my girl's engagement ring.... I didn't spend 3 months salary on a ring :childplease: but I got her the exact one she wanted. It was like 3K with the protection plan and tax, I think.

Her dad is paying for most of the wedding.... He has been saving up for a while for it. The only reason my mother is chipping in is because our family is huge... and I have 3 families since my mother got remarried and it's gonna be almost 300 people at the wedding.

My girl wanted to buy me a more expensive/extravagant band... but I saw a simple little band that I liked at a jewelry store where a guy we used to go to school with was the manager. I don't really like jewely and don't want no gaudy band on my finger. After the discount he gave us, she spent like 80 dollars on the band with the protection plan.. I think it was originally like $150-$175.

you won breh. i brought up the father paying for the wedding tradition and my girl was like :rudy:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I went to the Pawn Shop and got my wifes ring. When I presented it to my wife she thought I paid 4 to 5 thousand for it. She used to work in a jewelry counter so she knows jewelry. I told her pawn shop shop 700 and that made her even happier. She loves her ring. Then we said fukk a family wedding and having family members waste our money. We went to Vegas got a Five Star Hotel and got married where Jordan got married and spent all the money we saved on eating good and enjoying our time with our true family and friends who made it.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Well i paid cash for my wife's and i ain't spending a ton of money on a ring i know i spend more than 1000 but less than 2000.

My thing is like this you dont need a expensive ring to prove you love them but Im more of less like hey in 5-10 yrs probably the 10 yr mark ill get you a expensive ass ring cuz for 10 yrs we been together and you stayed true to me now im bout to show the world you deserve the best with this big ass ring on your finger

Daps
Bought the ring flat out (broke homies, fall back)...but the non conventional wedding was FTW. Glad my wife cool like that...got married by Benjamin Franklin at Penns landing in Philly rocking some Eagles jerseys.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just Like Anything You Are Willing To Spend Money On You Gotta Go By Your Budget

That Goes With Buying A Home, A Car, Etc..

Dont Put Ya'self In A Difficult Position To Pay Off A fukking RING

All This "It's A Symbol Of Love" Rhetoric Is Bullshyt

Do You Know How Many People Have Some Cheap Item In Their Family That Symbolizes More Then They Can Put A Dollar Amount On? Alot

Im Not Saying Be A Cheapskate, But Do What Works For Your Budget

If Your Fiance Is Not Understandable To Your Financial Situation Then Dont Even Bother Cuz That Will Be Just The Beginning Of Your Financial Problems With This Broad

The BEST Solution Would Be To Get The Best You Can Afford At The Time And Make A Promise To Yourself As A Man To Better Yourself Financially

And With That Make A Promise To Your Wife To Upgrade The Ring On Her Finger

I Guarantee You That "Cheap" Ring Is Gonna Hold A Ton More "Value" And "Symbolism" When You Look Back On It
lot of knowledge in this post. wouldn't give someone that advice cause at the end of the day the first piece of advice i'd give them is to not get married. but still good advice for those who are into the marriage thing...

louis_mayne

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what

I'm a fan of decency to all humans. I know people in the diamond business and even the diamonds that are "certified" in europe are usually still blood diamonds. So fukk that and anyone that supports it.

I'll get her a pearl necklace or something but never any diamonds

Really, how did the thread get this far without someone saying I see what you did there. I watched half baked last night so this had me rolling.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so for those of you financing and getting zero percent is that through the jewelry shop or is that through a credit union

also I heard to stay away from the big chains (ie zales, tiffany, kays)

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait hold on. Where did this 3 months salary shyt come from? 3 months? So if i make 120k a year i gotta drop 30k on a ring? Yea THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. If your girl cares about the ring then you made a mistake. And remember you cant get that shyt back. Engagement ring = biggest simp move of all time.

its always been 3 months

my homeboy is 24 years old and is going to buy a 30k ring

:childplease:

he can afford it though

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
lot of knowledge in this post. wouldn't give someone that advice cause at the end of the day the first piece of advice i'd give them is to not get married. but still good advice for those who are into the marriage thing...

To Be Honest I Dead Ass Was Gonna Close That With "But Dont Even Get Married In The First Place" But I Thought I'd Just Let The Main Point Of The Thread Get The Attention lol

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I received a bracelet instead of an engagement ring.

Since we're getting married/honeymooning in Vegas (no wedding, just a quick chapel thing) we might do a small splurge on the rings but putting the 20% down payment of our new house into some jewelry :huhldup: