Drops of God (Apple TV+)

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't drink so I can't relate to the obsession with wine, but this shyt is so well written and executed it might be my favorite show currently. Love it.

Apple stay coming with fire.
I don't either I feel unsophisticated watching the show and think wine drinkers are pretentious but I still enjoy it .
Lmao I don’t drink either. That’s weird. 3 non drinkers are the only dudes watching a show about wine tasting

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lmao I don’t drink either. That’s weird. 3 non drinkers are the only dudes watching a show about wine tasting
Speaks to the quality of the show really.

These folks passion is coming across so well that I legit contemplated hitting up Google or Reddit for a starter guide and start trying it out. I feel like I might be missing out on some shyt :mjlol:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Add another to the pile as I don't drink either. Knocked out the first two eps before work and I'm in, might watch ep. 3 during my shift.

It's like The Bear where I didn't care about cooking or the inner workings of a Chicago small diner but that show ended up being one of my favorite shows from last year. :wow:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm caught up. Anybody rooting for Issei?

I figured he was a b*stard as soon as he found the photo of his mom in the class photo and I'm thinking it might be one of the things Alexandre wanted to tell Kamille before he passed away. With the Leger Guide proposal it seems like Kamille will be aight if she takes the L. Meanwhile if Issei loses it looks like his Grandfather and mom will throw him in the bushes :picard:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Add another non-drinker to your list :russ: this show is cooked crack :ohlawd:

To take it even further from what I've heard/read most of the sommelier industry is just a scam, rich pretentious snobs scamming richer more pretentious snobs.

But like @analog said the show does such a good job conveying their obsession and passion for wine that it hooks you in. Also movies/shows about people at the top of their craft is usually a great starting point (The Bear, Tar, Phantom Thread ... The Menu fumbled their premise though).

Props to @FlyRy for the recommendation, I have a lot of shows to catch up on and was gonna leave this waiting because looking at the poster I thought this was gonna be another one of those mid K-Dramas streaming services have been pumping out lately :heh:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Add another non-drinker to your list :russ: this show is cooked crack :ohlawd:

To take it even further from what I've heard/read most of the sommelier industry is just a scam, rich pretentious snobs scamming richer more pretentious snobs.

But like @analog said the show does such a good job conveying their obsession and passion for wine that it hooks you in. Also movies/shows about people at the top of their craft is usually a great starting point (The Bear, Tar, Phantom Thread ... The Menu fumbled their premise though).

Props to @FlyRy for the recommendation, I have a lot of shows to catch up on and was gonna leave this waiting because looking at the poster I thought this was gonna be another one of those mid K-Dramas streaming services have been pumping out lately :heh:
Another @FlyRy recommended banger :wow: :jawalrus:

Last edited:

morris

Superstar
Daps
I hate wine.

But props and rep to OP for advising on this show. Great so far!

Dunno why but At times reminds me of Interstellar when she's having flashbacks