'Draymond's the greatest defender in NBA history' - ex-NBA player who played with Bill Russell

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I haven't forgotten to reply to this thread

I'm on my lunch break :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
DMV
Can't argue with the facts. It does help he doesn't have to expend much energy on offense like Kawahi leonard also but yeah sure he is arguably the best defender in this generation behind his father Dennis Rodman :birdman:

Daps
Can't argue with the facts. It does help he doesn't have to expend much energy on offense like Kawahi leonard also but yeah sure he is arguably the best defender in this generation behind his father Dennis Rodman :birdman:
Exactly.

Nobody will come into this thread to address any of the data/video evidence I provided. TheColi in a nutshell basically. If they aren't willing to acknowledge reality regarding Dray's defense when it's given to them in simple form, they never will. :manny:

Daps

BIL-GREEN-FOUL.jpg

Even though it was called as a foul, it's still one of the most impressive defensive plays on Bron I've seen. Ripped the ball right outta his hands in mid-air. :whew:

Last edited:
Daps
Take it from someone who knows way better than me: Jim Barnett, Warriors television analyst. Barnett was a rookie in 1966-67 when he played with Russell in Boston. Barnett went on to have an 11-year, NBA career, playing over 700 games and averaging 11.7 points per game. In other words, he knows.

“Russell was a better shot-blocker, without question,” Barnett said. “He changed shots, changed decision-making on drives to the basket. He could go out on the perimeter and was pretty good at that, too. But Draymond can defend 1-through-5 and he is the best help defender I’ve ever seen. He anticipates what the offense is going to do (or should do) and gets a jump on them.

"If anyone could shutdown Cap [Kareem Abdul-Jabbar] during his prime and block his skyhook regularly - it would be Draymond."

“He defends early in the play even when the play is right in his lap. He’s intensely competitive and does things WHILE ON THE FLOOR that Russell never did. Takes advantage immediately if the offensive player even begins to expose the ball. He is a ball hawk in the paint. Russell had the advantage of waiting on a player to commit in the air, and then he would go for the shot and cover a huge area. Different, eras.”
LMAO draymond blocking kareem skyhook.... :russ:

Yooooo... U read that and still posted this a truth?:hhh:

When the agendas goes wrong..:stopitslime:

Since everything needs to be spelled out to you @GoddamnyamanProf :hhh:

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish nikkas would stop with the draymond blocking kareem's skyhook and the shyt being unblockable

there's multiple videos of wilt blocking that shyt, one of them kareem got his shyt packed twice in 1 play:mjlol:

That's still my goat tho :mjgrin: