'Draymond's the greatest defender in NBA history' - ex-NBA player who played with Bill Russell

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:dead:

That's not how it works. My mans, how long have you been following the game? This muh'fukka really just referenced assists.....
he couldnt stop bron from averaging 35 point GOAT defenders dont get shat on 3 finals in a row. Hes a great team defender that benefits from playing in a era that big man hang out in the perimeter. Modern Day horry :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
DrayGoon will be The Playoff Series and NBA Championship MVP, you heard it first from me
i5upht.jpg

Daps
he couldnt stop bron from averaging 35 point GOAT defenders dont get shat on 3 finals in a row.
:dwillhuh:

Before I even get into detail - LeBron took 32 shots per game in that Finals - yes, that's right, 32 shots, in order to get 35 points (under 40% FG, and 27% shooting from outside the paint). Please tell me how that's a mark against Draymond's defense (nevermind the fact he wasn't even LeBron's primary defender in that series)?

How many points do you think Draymond should hold LeBron to if he's taking 32 shots a game, in order to meet the standard of a "GOAT defender"?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I rate Dray highly but I think KG is the best defender I've ever seen. Dray is like tier 1.5 for me.
Green doesn’t have the sustained excellence for a long enough period of time to be put in the same breath with other alltime greats who did it for 8-10 years.

An awful lot of this shyt is premature as hell.
He’s a good defender. This thread is a ton of hyperbole.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Green doesn’t have the sustained excellence for a long enough period of time to be put in the same breath with other alltime greats who did it for 8-10 years.

If you want to say he doesn't have the longevity that's fine. But from the day Kerr put him in the starting lineup he's been one of the best defenders in the league.

Daps

Four seasons/postseasons of all-time great defense, anchoring his team's defense to two NBA titles, DPOY, multiple All-Defensive 1st Team selections, is enough to start a conversation (at the very least), especially since coaches/ex-players/current player/basketball historians have recognized his defensive ability "in the same breath" with the all-time greats.