Draymond Green wants a max extension of 4-years $138M from Warriors

Does Green get a MAX?

• Total voters

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
:russ:

We’ve never seen Steph without Draymond. So that’s a bit of causation. You shouldn’t asusme just bc Draymond been there, that Steph’s success is because of him. Could quite literally be the opposite: Steph is that successful in spite of Draymond.

Also looking at on/off splits doesn’t answer things bc Draymond is on thr team and their gameplan is incorporating him. Can’t just remove him mid season and not expect slippage. However if he’s let go in the off-season and they have time to chose a different way of doing things? Forget about it it. They don’t need that ngga. Considering ALL the talent they have, id make an argument they get better with the better floor spacing.
I’m just gonna point out that I NEVER said Steph is successful because of Draymond.

He’d be an all nba guy regardless

Basketball at its highest levels is a TEAM game though

And all the data suggests the Warriors don’t win as much without a focused Dray

None of the players you named are good facilitators , that’s just not something everyone does naturally

For as good as a finals he had Wiggins could NOT do what Dray does for them.

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Warriors gonna do the same thing the Suns did with Ayton. If you think you're worth a max, test the market, get your best offer and if it's fair, we'll match.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Draymond is washed
He needs to be happy that he plays in a system that fits him so perfectly because his stat line is pathetic
If he wasn't winning on the warriors he'd be out the league by now imo

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
:russ:

We’ve never seen Steph without Draymond. So that’s a bit of causation. You shouldn’t asusme just bc Draymond been there, that Steph’s success is because of him. Could quite literally be the opposite: Steph is that successful in spite of Draymond.

Also looking at on/off splits doesn’t answer things bc Draymond is on thr team and their gameplan is incorporating him. Can’t just remove him mid season and not expect slippage. However if he’s let go in the off-season and they have time to chose a different way of doing things? Forget about it it. They don’t need that ngga. Considering ALL the talent they have, id make an argument they get better with the better floor spacing.
There's two sides to the game. They're a top defense because of Draymond. Neither Wiggins or Kuminga is replacing what Draymond brings on the defensive end. He may not be what he used to be on that end but he's still a great defender. His passing also allows Steph to play off the ball so much.

SunnyD

All Star
Daps
If nothing else you have to respect his confidence. He’s aiming high. Not sure he’ll get it. It’s likely that both sides will meet somewhere in the middle. I can’t see them wanting to pay him that much but I also don’t see them just letting him go.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I don't think they'll reach that number but they'll give him more than anyone else would as a lifetime achievement act. It's not gonna be a difficult negotiation unless Dray gets in his feelings and decides to take way less money elsewhere because of pride (he won't).

Klay's the extension that will actually be interesting, he'll actually have suitors ready to over pay and force their hand.
I could see Klay agreeing to a team-friendly deal. He ain’t trying to leave Steph and this is a team that stuck with him and gave him a max deal after he tore his ACL. You don’t see that kind of commitment from teams every day. They could have justifiably offered less but they didn’t. It’s clear that meant something to Klay judging by his speech the other day. My money is he would take less to keep the band together. Same with Dray.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
There's two sides to the game. They're a top defense because of Draymond. Neither Wiggins or Kuminga is replacing what Draymond brings on the defensive end. He may not be what he used to be on that end but he's still a great defender. His passing also allows Steph to play off the ball so much.
No doubt…but it ain’t worth THAT much. It also the most replaceable asset of the pending big money assets:

-Can’t lose Klay’s shooting…plus at a more scarce position like 3&D

-Can’t lose wiggins who also a 3&D and will increase value the older klay gets. He’s already their top defender. Lol @ everybody giving Draymond the credit when wiggins is tasked with the top wing and most elite guys are wings.

Your KD, Boooker, Ja, Harden…wherever they gotta get to, that’s gon be wiggins they relying on as the primary defender, not Draymond who’s just help. It was wiggins who put JAYSON TATUM in clamps, not Draymond. And he’s 28. You’re not giving him up

-Poole you can argue is a luxury but I’m very high on him, plus he’s 22. Would be foolish to let him walk for Draymond

You can EASILY replace a Draymond. Again just bc they’ve played thru Draymond doesn’t mean they need to. Seems like ages ago but you’ll recall when GS first started to bubble, 2 forgotten men on that team were David Lee and jarret Jack. Jack came off the bench and was 2nd on the team in assists. Lee was a passing high ig big and was 3rd on the team in assists. Draymond wasn’t even in the rotation yet. They don’t need Draymond bruh

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
both Dray and Klay deals are up at the same time (2024). can they afford to max them both out? Which they will have to do? :picard:

Imagine if GSW wins another title this season or next? Then Wiggins...and you know Poole gonna want 100-125 mill minimum

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This'll be difficult for Warriors land.

Do you keep the big 3? Do you let one of them go?

They might view Klay as more expendable since the team was still good without him for most of the year. As where they were up and down without Draymond.

Yeah it seems inevitable that either Klay or Draymond will be gone.

Most likely Klay

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
you dont max a guy bc he's "important to what your team does"

Ayton is integral to the Suns. He's not worth the max. Same deal here
Ayton bring nothing special to the table. Dray does. He's still amazing defensively. 2 bad games in the finals doesn't change that

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Ayton bring nothing special to the table. Dray does. He's still amazing defensively. 2 bad games in the finals doesn't change that
It wasn’t just the finals. And he wasn’t good in 3/6 finals

He was mediocre in Memphis and average in Dallas

And Draymond flat out isn’t worth a max contract. A max player’s team doesn’t look good when he sits/gets benched/fouls out. That happened multiple times vs Memphis and Dallas.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Draymond is already in his 30s. It doesn't make sense to extend him now. If it is I would do maybe a 3 years 105 million extension.