Draymond Green signs 100 million dolllar extension with Warriors

sidenikkagawd

We want all the smoke
Daps
a 4-year deal worth ten million wouldn't be referred to as a "max" deal. That's not what WOJ meant. Besides the point, nobody was giving him a max or near it.
The max by the CBA definition is the first year of a contract starting at 25% of the cap. The first year of Dray contract is $22M and the salary cap is at $109M. He didn't get a max salary contract.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
This is a great deal for both IMO. Warriors escaped without having to pay him the supermax or really not even all that close to the max itself. I was sure Draymond's people were going to hold out for the max.

This could have went 2 ways. Dray could either have a career year with no Durant and Klay out for months. Maybe his numbers would have skyrocketed. Or he would have been exposed without them and decided to get the bag now.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Nah.....would you rather pay drag what he got or pay Ben Simmons his contract. What's the difference between them? I dont see much of a difference to be honest. At least Dray has some DPOY/team accolades under his belt.
Man, Ben Simmons has star potential. He's still a baby. So I'd rather pay him.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is a steal for Draymond cause it's clear his game is slipping and he is not going to just bounce back into the player he was back in 2015/2016 just cause he will get a few more touches a game.

I actually think it's the opposite, Draymond's game should age pretty well since it's not based on superior athletic ability. It would help if he upped his 3 PT shooting again to 2016 levels.

He's clearly a huge part of what the Warriors do and to get him signed without maxing him out is a huge win