"Drake's Views from the 6 needs to be a classic or else"-Charlamagne

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kanye has no classics. Not even close. And Drake has a better discog. Drake is a better version of artist Kanye (not producer Kanye, obviously)

So if Drake has no classics (and he's nowhere close), neither does Ye.
Man what the fukk are you talking about. I think Kanye is stupidly overrated but to say he has no classic albums is ignorant

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A classic album has impact. If Drake had marketed IYRTITL as an album that would be a classic. He's got the formula now so his next album has high expectations and it should be a classic because all eyes are on him right now.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
they both are brilliiant idiots for sure

agree with views better be classic though

but that discussion was ridiculous. they forgot nas is like and ny state of mind 2 is on i am... some of his best tracks

the comparison of drake vs nas was ridiculous i almost exited 30 seconds in :skip::snoop:

nas's slump was based on his beat selection, the rhymes were never bad

and he doesn't have a ghostwriter

that's some blasphemous shyt

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
As someone who's a reluctant Drake fan nowadays, I've wrestled with his discography and he really doesn't have any classics.

SFG will always be a nostalgic mixtape for me but after listening to it recently, it's about 3-4 songs too long and his style of rapping on that project sounds dated now.
TML has about 5 songs that shouldn't have made the cut
TC :scust:
NWTS is his best project from start to finish but falls short of classic status due to the lack of depth and the two painfully commercial tracks.
If You're Reading This... has highlights but the whole middle portion of the project (every song between Star67 and Jungle) shouldn't have made the cut.

I don't really care for VFT6 and like with everything Drake related now, I'm gonna wait at least 6 months before I listen to it so I can make an uninfluenced opinion on it.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
He needs to make his Blueprint but that won't happen.
He doesn't have have enough pain, struggle are real life experiences to make a classic..

All of his "deep" album cuts are trivial middle school level dating issues.. As aestheticlly pleasing as his music is, it's really not for grown ups at all..

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i only went off the title of the thread and haven't watched the video or read the discussion in here but...

i don't think it needs to be classic.
but he does have to deliver a good body of work because people are waiting with baited breath, whether to tear it apart or praise it.

its the first time there is going to be doubt over him and he has to give us something.
problem is, he's never going to find that balance to please everyone..which is the biggest fear people with have this album.

content wise, where can he go ? he's wrung out topics..he went from helping usher in a new wave to being a wave hopper.
he was looking for a new sound and style to go with (hence Q Miller being brought in) and he scrapped it to start over and out of it we got IYRTITL.

Meek might have lost the battle but what he did regardless of the reason, he is the one who has put that put this doubt over Drake.

no matter what he does now, its going to be mentioned..even if you like him it will be in the back of your head when listening to the music.
people are going to comb through songs saying PND wrote this, Majid wrote this, DVSN wrote this etc..he raps well and its going to be who wrote that.

i think he'll put out an enjoyable album, he's too switched on not to but a classic ?...far from it.
either way, whatever side people find themselves on in this like/dislike Drake shyt, it's going to be chaos when he drops.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
He doesn't care about dropping a hip hop classic. Honestly I think If You're Reading This is his best album to date imo. It didn't have all the teenie bopper filler you got on his usual jects. I think this go round he's trying to go global because he knows the hip hop world won't respect him fully now. Its kind of a shame because QM really did rejuvenate his rapping. :lolbron:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Man what the fukk are you talking about. I think Kanye is stupidly overrated but to say he has no classic albums is ignorant

then why are you responding to me? :what:

how are you gonna say someone is 'stupidly overrated' yet say that 'no classics' is ignorant? :mjlol: