"Drake's Views from the 6 needs to be a classic or else"-Charlamagne

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
Drake has made safe music all his career..its catchy in the moment stuff that you forget about the next year..He has cleverly jumped from wave to wave much like HOV but he hasn't made anything that stands out à la Blueprint or Reasonable doubt which leaves his legacy rather murky.

:coffee:
:dame:

:what:

:russell:

:snooze:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Blueprint? No one wants to hear how difficult it was growing up a rich Jewish kid tv actor or which broad he's bought a house for that no longer talks to him or another stalker-ish anthem a la "Marvin's Room"
?
I'm talking about in what it would mean in terms of his career.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To make a classic album, you have to take risks or revolutionize the sound of the industry and the culture where it inspires as well as transcends the music out right now. He aint gonna do that. He's a pop artist. He aint gonna do anything to jeopardize his money. His shyt ain't authentic or homegrown either.

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He needs to consult Cudi, he could pen a classic album for Drake with little to no effort, peoples perception of Drake would transform overnight with the type of music he would suddenly be releasing. Let the moon man take over, do yourself that favor

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Take Care was the last album that felt like a Drake album. You could tell he said " fukk the rest of the industry, l'm going to do me" only thing holding those album back was the error of leaving off free spirit, DMCB trust issues, and club paradise.

KwamePiesie

1st born on Saturn's day
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The African Diaspora
To make a classic album, you have to take risks or revolutionize the sound of the industry and the culture where it inspires as well as transcends the e music out right now. He aint gonna do that. He's a pop artist. He aint gonna do anything to jeopardize his money. His shyt ain't authentic or homegrown either.

Basically.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps

6:00 mark

"I Am" a bad album?

200.gif

• Dap
Reactions: Ark

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
It was always surprising to me that he's never made music at a really high level.

Also. I literally hate hearing uninformed white people talk about Hip Hop. It gets under my skin.
So Far Gone and Take Care are extremely good. He's very consistent, but he's not made a GKMC or TPAB, that's why he's not better than Kendrick but he's still #2. It gets harder to make something substantial and unique with time. In the 80s nearly every other album was a classic even some with their nursery ass rhymes, now you've got to be out of this world like Kanye and Kendrick. The only ones to drop real classics in the past 10 years. That doesn't mean that the other dudes are not dope though, it's just a harder task.

Obviously there's a lot more haters today too, just look at Drakes haters on this site who follow him closer than they follow anyone else. Yet they claim they don't like him, but dissect all his bars, first in line to his concerts and download his albums before his stans. I don't know if shyt like that went on back in the days, it's as if the Internet lets these psychotic fukks operate without being held accountable for how sick they actually are. So even if the unbiased population (reviewers, other rappers etc) says that Drakes shyt is on another level, will still have the circle of fakkits dikkriding each other on places like the coli acting like the love isn't real.

Last edited: