"Drake's Views from the 6 needs to be a classic or else"-Charlamagne

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Kanye has no classics. Not even close. And Drake has a better discog. Drake is a better version of artist Kanye (not producer Kanye, obviously)

So if Drake has no classics (and he's nowhere close), neither does Ye.

Worst poster on any planet, during any time period, and in any universe.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Kanye was the most hated man in the industry after interrupting Taylor

yet he still was unanimously praised for that album. No one criticized it, it got 10/10 everywhere. This is while he was hated and Obama calling him a jackass and shyt.
Forgot about that. If there was ever a time where they wanted an album to universally pan , it was that. Instead, no one could deny its greatness :wow:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Kanye was the most hated man in the industry after interrupting Taylor

yet he still was unanimously praised for that album. No one criticized it, it got 10/10 everywhere. This is while he was hated and Obama calling him a jackass and shyt.

:yawn: no one cares about that TMZ bullshyt. I'm sure people told you MBTDF sucked. Probably too busy dikkriding to notice. Or the label/insecure fans did their best to quell criticism. Like they always do.

Anyway, I've created a thread on this now. We can continue discussion there.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Really hate what this generation of rap fans has turned "classic album" into. A classic album is NOT just a dope album from your favorite artist that sales well or has hits. I'm tired of dudes handing out classics like candy.

Drake is going to do what he always does: released a mixed album of raps and pop songs that don't do anything particularly interesting. Maybe throw some dancehall in.

They're also setting him up for failure. How can we decide it's a classic in the time period CTG seems to be want to hold Drake to?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I agree but Drake can't make a classic album because he's chasing hits to much and you can tell.

I don't understand how people are saying it's not possible to make a classic that isn't hood/gangsta

You guys never heard food and liquor, Aquemini, the low end theory. The only thing is drake is very shallow. He could never make anything as deep as American terrorist, he say she say, the cool, or liberation
There's nothing deep about that song

And Drake has songs that are much deeper

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Really hate what this generation of rap fans has turned "classic album" into. A classic album is NOT just a dope album from your favorite artist that sales well or has hits. I'm tired of dudes handing out classics like candy.

Drake is going to do what he always does: released a mixed album of raps and pop songs that don't do anything particularly interesting. Maybe throw some dancehall in.

They're also setting him up for failure. How can we decide it's a classic in the time period CTG seems to be want to hold Drake to?
A classic is whatever you want it to be

Classic albums aren't written into stone anywhere and no one feels music the same

What you think is classic I probably hate