Drake - The Heart Part 6 (Kendrick diss)

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The "you rapping like you about to get the slaves free" did more damage to Drake's black audiences than anything Kendrick said. The fro, the grills and learned mannerisms all for nothing.
That turned me off.

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Neither were corny. First I have probably been a fan of Michael since before you were born. I made my pre school class watch Moonwalker, but what Drake said was kinda true.

Drake doesn't present himself like someone who doesn't do pop records but Kendrick does. That was one of the points for those lines that might have went over your head.

How does Kendrick present himself? He's made pop songs, but that's not what he's known for. I think it has less to do with how he presents himself and more to do with his audience and what they want from him.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I’m neutral. I’ve always said I hate drakes tough guy rapping. I mainly like his RNB type songs.

The last Drake songs I love are Virginia Beach and you broke my heart. I’m not lying when I say, I don’t listen to anything other than these type of songs from him. I loved his song called “Emotionless” too. That’s when he’s at his best. I tried to listen to FATD but it was just wack to me. That fake gangsta shyt is trash to me.

I listen to Tems, Burna Boy, Frank Ocean, Omar Apollo, and and stuff like that more than rap these days lol.

And Mr Morale album was so fire. It was mature and had a lot of relatable themes so it kind of ruined the Uzi-type music for me. I think I’m just an old head now though :manny:
i know. i was just making a joke. :whoa:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does Kendrick present himself? He's made pop songs, but that's not what he's known for. I think it has less to do with how he presents himself and more to do with his audience and what they want from him.
You know what you may be right about that, but someone that made TPAB and Mr Morale doesn't seem like the type to do a pop record unless his label told him to.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Neither were corny. First I have probably been a fan of Michael since before you were born. I made my pre school class watch Moonwalker, but what Drake said was kinda true.

Drake doesn't present himself like someone who doesn't do pop records but Kendrick does. That was one of the points for those lines that might have went over your head.
Kendrick doesn’t do that. Since when he did act like that? He barely does features lol

And you’re entitled to your opinion. Music is subjective.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kendrick doesn’t do that. Since when he did act like that? He barely does features lol

And you’re entitled to your opinion. Music is subjective.
Come on man you think someone that made TPAB would turn around and do a Taylor Swift song on his own accord? I don't believe so but I could be wrong.