Drake says he never went to a black barbershop cuz his mom was scared of black people

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
breh, you say this like the other top popular rappers dont have dorky, soft voices ex: Sean, Cole, Kendrick etc

i understand your point, but raps most popular acts now is nikkas who sound relatively similar to drake

So basically, Drake's corniness is genetic :mjlol:
It's not just his speaking voice. Dude has literally doing imitation accents to rap in since the beginning of his career. Dude is just very inauthentic.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Shyt man yall canadians ain't getting it!!!
What I am saying is black barber shops in tdot aint like black barber shops in the U.S.

This means that a white lady going to black barber shops in Toronto ain't the same as a white lady going to a black barber shops in the U.S.

There ain't no level of fear in Toronto in a black barber shop.

This means that it aint that Drakes mom feared black people, it means she did not like them!!
Lies

Whites dont come near black barber shops

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's probably a certain behavioral pattern that is common there that is more cultural that has 0 to do with genetics.

Maybe she just doesn't like loud, ignorant, animated people.

I got my haircut at several black barbershops and there is an element of gossip and arguing and talk that is not present at the Korean or Mexican barbershops.

I have literally never seen a white barbershop or met a white barber in my entire life. Maybe it's different in Canada.
Can't help yourself huh?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
What era was that? When Bambatta and Mr Cee were in the closet?

When Rap A Lot was doing it heavy even tho J Prince didnt even play hip hop in his own house and only used hip hop to make money?

When KRS was claiming to be the teacher yet in reality doesn't give 2 fukks about sexually abused kids?

When E40 said on the Charlie Hustle dvd that E40 is just a rap charachter and not the real person he is.

When Canibus was claiming to be this battle rapper who would later pull out a notebook in a rap battle?

Which era are u talking about?

:jbhmm:
tenor.gif

Bruh I’m not 40 years old, bambaata and KRS1 were popping way before me...my era:

- public enemy
- luke
- OutKast
- UGK
- Pac
- Biggie
- LL
- dead prez

Got any hate for them? :coffee:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lol so Drake is from the non super rich part of Forest Hill just the upper middle class part... that’s midtown and off Eglinton... no exaggeration there must be at least 20 Jamaican barber shops within 5-10 minutes drive from where he grew up considering the very next neighbourhood over is LITTLE JAMAICA. So if this ninja was the same roadman type of dude with the Jamaican slang growing up he would have loved this and went down the street every day. Forest Hill his main intersection is Bathurst and Eglinton and at Bathurst and Bloor (15 minutes south) is where my barber is and another barber shop which is essentially attached to it and some black salons and some black owned shops a small plaza. I’ve been going there since the 7th grade.

Finally if he knew even one person from G way or past Kennedy road as he claims in his music before he was a famous rapper he would know that Scarborough has some of the best barbers in the city and that dudes from every section even the west end go to certain barbers in Scarborough especially the spot at Ellesmere and Brimley I believe. But it’s clear if he knew any black peoples going up he was not friends with them because how could you avoid getting a cut with the mandem.

This all goes into my theory of this dude not being from Toronto at all basically never really growing up here spending all his time moving around as a child star and now grossly overcompensating by being Mr Toronto and exaggerating the accent and slang.
He wasn't outside like that clearly but you love to hate on dude. Degrassi is filmed on location. Where was he moving around that he wasn't in the city at all?

Man's don't have to make up shyt just to hate. Plenty Toronto guys that don't go outside but want that rep. It's a culture here.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I stumbled upon one in downtown toronto as a tourist...right next to katz.... that was a few years ago though I couldn't tell you if it's still there

If i can just happen to come across one wandering around aimlessly downtoen there has to be at least a decent availability ...
Onyx Barbers is right in the heart of the city and has been there for very many years.

People are boosting in here about the lack of Black barbershops.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
He wasn't outside like that clearly but you love to hate on dude. Degrassi is filmed on location. Where was he moving around that he wasn't in the city at all?

Man's don't have to make up shyt just to hate. Plenty Toronto guys that don't go outside but want that rep. It's a culture here.
Like see even you I can tell you are either not from Toronto or from a outside suburb. Who uses the phrase “Mans” to start a sentence and is actually from Toronto in 2018. Please someone else from Toronto tell me I’m buggin right now.

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
Until the day I die, I will never understand what the hell this generation ever saw in this clown.

The entire Drake phenomenon to me will always be summed up with this simple expression :

:dahell:

It’s simple, he’s soft, just like his fans :dry:

They finally found a “rapper” p*ssy enough to relate to :laugh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
U know what’s funny is I think Drake is way bigger in American cities than here. Like there is not some hard body Drake Stan coalition in Toronto people would dikk ride if he was in their area due to clout but I cannot think of anybody who is like an out and out straight up fan of this guy in terms of Toronto music people. That isn’t to say hes wack I def fukk with a lot of his music but it is transparent to everybody how fake the whole 6 god thing is. There is not one person from here who calls Toronto the 6 like think about that for a second. How can you call a city a whole new name and have nobody from that city call it that name. It’s the most cringeworthy stuff ever especially since only Americans or suburban cacs say the 6. I’m 27 I’ve never heard anyone call it the 6. With his slang it’s like he hears a new word and bangs it out hard body for months on end without any context. I mean the nikka sounds like a fukking Saturday night live Cac mocking a Toronto nikka it’s unbelievable.

father to the people :salut:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
U know what’s funny is I think Drake is way bigger in American cities than here. Like there is not some hard body Drake Stan coalition in Toronto people would dikk ride if he was in their area due to clout but I cannot think of anybody who is like an out and out straight up fan of this guy in terms of Toronto music people. That isn’t to say hes wack I def fukk with a lot of his music but it is transparent to everybody how fake the whole 6 god thing is. There is not one person from here who calls Toronto the 6 like think about that for a second. How can you call a city a whole new name and have nobody from that city call it that name. It’s the most cringeworthy stuff ever especially since only Americans or suburban cacs say the 6. I’m 27 I’ve never heard anyone call it the 6. With his slang it’s like he hears a new word and bangs it out hard body for months on end without any context. I mean the nikka sounds like a fukking Saturday night live Cac mocking a Toronto nikka it’s unbelievable.
T.O., T-Dot, Screwface Capital...but it's never been called the 6. And the origins of the name the 6 are ridiculous, from the area codes 416 and 647, matter as well call it the 4. Nobody called it the 6.