Drake says he never went to a black barbershop cuz his mom was scared of black people

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Yes.

I'm out of touch with Black people being ignorant loud and animated you fukking c00n
You probably didn't go to the ones she went to, went on different days, or you're a keyboard warrior talking out of your ass.

litty

Pro
Daps
U know what’s funny is I think Drake is way bigger in American cities than here. Like there is not some hard body Drake Stan coalition in Toronto people would dikk ride if he was in their area due to clout but I cannot think of anybody who is like an out and out straight up fan of this guy in terms of Toronto music people. That isn’t to say hes wack I def fukk with a lot of his music but it is transparent to everybody how fake the whole 6 god thing is. There is not one person from here who calls Toronto the 6 like think about that for a second. How can you call a city a whole new name and have nobody from that city call it that name. It’s the most cringeworthy stuff ever especially since only Americans or suburban cacs say the 6. I’m 27 I’ve never heard anyone call it the 6. With his slang it’s like he hears a new word and bangs it out hard body for months on end without any context. I mean the nikka sounds like a fukking Saturday night live Cac mocking a Toronto nikka it’s unbelievable.

I thought Quentin wrote it?

I was assuming it was about Zone 6 (of Atlanta) but Drake liked it so much he just used it anyways.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
:Mjfukkup:

tumblr_m24f939fi31r1jgp0o1_400.gif

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Shyt man yall canadians ain't getting it!!!
What I am saying is black barber shops in tdot aint like black barber shops in the U.S.

This means that a white lady going to black barber shops in Toronto ain't the same as a white lady going to a black barber shops in the U.S.

There ain't no level of fear in Toronto in a black barber shop.

This means that it aint that Drakes mom feared black people, it means she did not like them!!

Black barbershops are the same where ever you go.. From the UK to South Africa to NYC to Toronto..

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
So what Drake's father never had family over?
Fukk that, her husband was black so she had black in laws.
Fukk a comfort zone.

She dont like blacks in groups that's all it means!
I mean..when they were together were they in Memphis or T.O.?
Or did she tell dennis she was pregnant and here we are?

nikka didnt even go to memphis to see pops. He went to Memphis to stay with his uncle(jew) and seeing Pops was like a lil bonus.
Part time.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Why is Sandi still walking around with Dennis last name?

Lol so Drake is from the non super rich part of Forest Hill just the upper middle class part... that’s midtown and off Eglinton... no exaggeration there must be at least 20 Jamaican barber shops within 5-10 minutes drive from where he grew up considering the very next neighbourhood over is LITTLE JAMAICA. So if this ninja was the same roadman type of dude with the Jamaican slang growing up he would have loved this and went down the street every day. Forest Hill his main intersection is Bathurst and Eglinton and at Bathurst and Bloor (15 minutes south) is where my barber is and another barber shop which is essentially attached to it and some black salons and some black owned shops a small plaza. I’ve been going there since the 7th grade.

Finally if he knew even one person from G way or past Kennedy road as he claims in his music before he was a famous rapper he would know that Scarborough has some of the best barbers in the city and that dudes from every section even the west end go to certain barbers in Scarborough especially the spot at Ellesmere and Brimley I believe. But it’s clear if he knew any black peoples going up he was not friends with them because how could you avoid getting a cut with the mandem.

This all goes into my theory of this dude not being from Toronto at all basically never really growing up here spending all his time moving around as a child star and now grossly overcompensating by being Mr Toronto and exaggerating the accent and slang.

Aubrey wasnt hangin in the hood. He was going to class, spending time with his Bubbe, rehearsing and filming Degrassi, and doing mall tours.

When he was out and clubbing(before he was buying out the bar and hanging with Trey Songz for promo) and whatnot he wasnt with the 'malis, or the Reps. He wasnt even with Tony(Hush) and Bishop Brigante yet.
He was hanging out with his cousins(the jew ones) mainly
Ryan Silverstein
ryan-silverstein.jpg

And his uncle Steve
Drake-Views-by-Ryan-Emberley-13-Sandi-Graham-left-368x0-c-default.jpg

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
T.O., T-Dot, Screwface Capital...but it's never been called the 6. And the origins of the name the 6 are ridiculous, from the area codes 416 and 647, matter as well call it the 4. Nobody called it the 6.
I never understood that.
How long has it been known as the screwface?
If people wasnt getting it in like that until 15 years ago then huh?
Genuinely curious.
I know BMF had an official squad out there but that dont mean nothing. They was about money more thatn anything.