Drake’s 'Club Paradise Tour' Pulls $42 Million Worldwide

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Good shyt. As the industry progresses I dont think Drake's blow up is as wild as people make it seem. It was def pre-planned. But it was probably just experimental back in those days.

A good example of a artist getting the "revized drake blueprint" is Rick Ross signing Rockie Fresh.

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And he saw $2 million of it. 50% to the IRS off the top. He netted a million. Pretty good? Learn the music BUSINESS, kids...

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
I contributed about 100 dollas

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CLEARLY, you have no idea how tour percentages are split up. LMAO at you morons thinking a tour grosses 42 million and the artist keeps it all. Or even 1/4 of it all. :snoop:

I never said that, your numbers are BS, you don't know more than the next man you're talking out your ass

the opening act of Waka Flocka was paid 350K just to be on the tour for 3 weeks,

The headliner who did every single show made only 1 million? That would mean Waka Flocka is getting a higher percentage to be the opening act. That's just not reasonable

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A Jew in the Entertainment business making millions? Aint that shyt a surprise :comeon:

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
kanye and jay-z lost

good music lost

we winnin :king:

the biggest empire in music history :king:

drizzy drake the mob don told you nikkas the throne was up for the taking, im just happy we was all alive to watch him take it :wow:

and the junior and senior will only get meaner, take care nikkas
35i7maa.jpg

YOUNG MOOOOOOOOLAAAAAAAAAH BAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAY :king:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Typically, when an artist does a tour, he's typically paid either one of two ways. If an outside company does the bulk of the legwork, then the artist gets a flat amount plus a percentage of the shows profits and usually half of the merchandising sales at minimum OR
The artists gets a larger percent of the total gross profit of all the shows plus a per diem for every show performed which incentivizes him to do extra shows should he have the time and energy.

I've done shoot coordination and production for a few major concerts in my day. Mostly Jazz and Reggae though a few hip-hop and r and b acts.

I'm just guessing here but I'm assuming Young Money/Universal is handling this so, I would imagine he gets paid the latter way, but I would guess he's walking away with at least 7 or 8 milli before taxes and whatnot.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
No doubt man. If there ever comes a point where he loses control off his crowd or someone new shows up and steals his thunder he is going to be sent to the minor leagues. I think the thing about his type of fanbase is that they are incredibly fickle and only care about the new thing that is hot at the moment. Sooner or later that factor is going to wear off and he is only going to have a loyal fanbase and his music. I don't think he is capable of consistently making music that is good enough to maintain a fanbase like his. I personally don't care for his music on any level so I guess I'm biased.

I just think it's cool that this dude is in a position right now to put a lot of nikkas on and he is playing a pivotal roll. It's easy to ignore dudes and try your hardest to maintain the number 1 spot. Hip hop is mainly competition after all. Whether he is taking dudes on tour, featuring on their singles, or having them on his album, he is helping out a lot of nikkas:manny:. His music is still wack, he's still a cornball, and he needs to stop trying to act like he is on some mafia shyt tho.:ld:

:ohhh: yeah he does i can't hate on that

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Dont really give a fukk how much a rapper makes. Went to the tour and the show was great (J.cole, 2chainz,Waka) all did their thing. Hopefully the tour wraps up soon and Drake can get back to rapping again. Can't wait to see what him, 40, Boi1nda and T-Minus are gonna cook up next. If his Stay Schemin is any indication of how he is progressing more and more as an emcee I can't wait.