Drake’s 'Club Paradise Tour' Pulls $42 Million Worldwide

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
To me most of his music is :hula: but congrats another young brother making it big.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad the tour did well. I saw it and it was a great show. These tours though. When they talk about the gross I assume they're just talking about ticket sales and stuff like the shirts sold at the souvenir booth aren't factor into that.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Is anyone considering the fact that Drake is really going to be a lot well off then these other dudes he brought out with him? A lot of these dudes he brought with him, if not all of them have 360 deals meaning all of this money that they made off of the tour is getting split like 90 different ways between all the dudes on here. I remember reading that Drake has one of the better contract situations out of all the dudes in hip hop right now so if that is true he probably isn't hurting at all from all the company he brought with him. I salute that dude for making that money and putting dudes on. Take Care was :snooze: tho

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is anyone considering the fact that Drake is really going to be a lot well off then these other dudes he brought out with him? A lot of these dudes he brought with him, if not all of them have 360 deals meaning all of this money that they made off of the tour is getting split like 90 different ways between all the dudes on here. I remember reading that Drake has one of the better contract situations out of all the dudes in hip hop right now so if that is true he probably isn't hurting at all from all the company he brought with him. I salute that dude for making that money and putting dudes on. Take Care was :snooze: tho

:manny: maybe but what if in the fine print your contract has a clause your lawyer missed, that states at anytime your contract can be thrown in the nearest bushes.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
:manny: maybe but what if in the fine print your contract has a clause your lawyer missed, that states at anytime your contract can be thrown in the nearest bushes.

No doubt man. If there ever comes a point where he loses control off his crowd or someone new shows up and steals his thunder he is going to be sent to the minor leagues. I think the thing about his type of fanbase is that they are incredibly fickle and only care about the new thing that is hot at the moment. Sooner or later that factor is going to wear off and he is only going to have a loyal fanbase and his music. I don't think he is capable of consistently making music that is good enough to maintain a fanbase like his. I personally don't care for his music on any level so I guess I'm biased.

I just think it's cool that this dude is in a position right now to put a lot of nikkas on and he is playing a pivotal roll. It's easy to ignore dudes and try your hardest to maintain the number 1 spot. Hip hop is mainly competition after all. Whether he is taking dudes on tour, featuring on their singles, or having them on his album, he is helping out a lot of nikkas:manny:. His music is still wack, he's still a cornball, and he needs to stop trying to act like he is on some mafia shyt tho.:ld:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so why was he already performing on the BET awards during the release of these so called mixtapes during the time he was supposedly laying ground work???? Why was he being promoted by frickin SPRITE and getting radio spins NATIONWIDE during this time too...it just dont add up....

why was I seeing lifesize cutouts of him drinking Sprite in the mall before an official album???

Does it make him blowin up less impressive tho?dude wuz already in the system and had a team in place,so when he blew up shyt wuz able to move foward a lot faster...He had a song "replacement girl" with trey songz on 106npark I remember seein before Best I Ever had blew up....u don't just get ya song put on 106 without ur label either pushin for u, and or sumbody knowing sumbody that work at BET.....I don't get why u think its so suspicious,his label wuz banking on him being a marketable star,nuthin rare about what Drake did unless I'm missing sumthin..,id say what Soulja Boy did wuz more powerful tho

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No doubt man. If there ever comes a point where he loses control off his crowd or someone new shows up and steals his thunder he is going to be sent to the minor leagues. I think the thing about his type of fanbase is that they are incredibly fickle and only care about the new thing that is hot at the moment. Sooner or later that factor is going to wear off and he is only going to have a loyal fanbase and his music. I don't think he is capable of consistently making music that is good enough to maintain a fanbase like his. I personally don't care for his music on any level so I guess I'm biased.

I just think it's cool that this dude is in a position right now to put a lot of nikkas on and he is playing a pivotal roll. It's easy to ignore dudes and try your hardest to maintain the number 1 spot. Hip hop is mainly competition after all. Whether he is taking dudes on tour, featuring on their singles, or having them on his album, he is helping out a lot of nikkas:manny:. His music is still wack, he's still a cornball, and he needs to stop trying to act like he is one some mafia shyt tho.:ld:

Yeah u gotta give him props for puttin dudes on tour he might just be a fan off...don't know if its sincere or if he's just takin dudes who have strong indie followings already to help his ticket sales....but either way they get a look from casual fans who only listen to commercial,so its a win win....his ticket sales are higher and they get a look from people who buy records.

Far as his fanbase he don't seem to just have that casual white fanbase nikkas like 50 had that's hard to sustain...seems like he has a rap fanbase,casual white fanbase and female fanbase too...his style of music he should be able to keep 2 outta 3 happy for a while if he can keep it diverse enuff.

End of the day,all rappers fans are fickle...rap has very few tru artist that make timeless music....and even the ones that due can only last for so long...guess its only so far u can go with souless music,and music that makes no connection with people...hate to say it but rap bein what it is mostly is that...eitther by nature of the genre,or off the fact the rapper himself doesn't have the skills are artistry to connect with fans musically.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Yeah u gotta give him props for puttin dudes on tour he might just be a fan off...don't know if its sincere or if he's just takin dudes who have strong indie followings already to help his ticket sales....but either way they get a look from casual fans who only listen to commercial,so its a win win....his ticket sales are higher and they get a look from people who buy records.

Far as his fanbase he don't seem to just have that casual white fanbase nikkas like 50 had that's hard to sustain...seems like he has a rap fanbase,casual white fanbase and female fanbase too...his style of music he should be able to keep 2 outta 3 happy for a while if he can keep it diverse enuff.

End of the day,all rappers fans are fickle...rap has very few tru artist that make timeless music....and even the ones that due can only last for so long...guess its only so far u can go with souless music,and music that makes no connection with people...hate to say it but rap bein what it is mostly is that...eitther by nature of the genre,or off the fact the rapper himself doesn't have the skills are artistry to connect with fans musically.
You make a lot of good points brah:ehh:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Smh at Drake probably got more bread than Wayne since Birdman and slim probably getting atleast half of whatever Wayne do.