Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Shyt knowing Drake n' camp, African breh already got dropped off a bag fr
Gotta cushion his interview responses, cuz you know media like Vlad already tryna milk this jawn
They might still be cool he mentioned him in Wu-Tang forever on NWTS and people have always got the line confused.

People like Mazin who was a best friend to me
Start to become a distant memory
Things change in that life and this life started lacking synergy

Mazin still a struggling actor out here though

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I was always turned off on how much he tried to rep Memphis, TN. I spent two years down there and homie acts nothing like a Memphis nikka at all. To get where I’m coming from is if a rapper like Logic tried to rep Oakland, California. It’s like nah son. Memphis nikkas are extra thorough. Every nikka down there got a Boosie Fade and gold fronts. To see this soft nikka pretending he was from there always rubbed me the wrong way.

Drake was around here early before he signed with Cash Money and was involved with some 100% real deal street dudes. Won't get into detsils but he got thoro Memphis connections, no matter how corny people may think he is.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Lupe already explained it

drake-blackface-photos.jpg

Lupe don't cosign this :damn:!!

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Oh,So he's one with the struggle of African Americans and sees color now:pachaha:?

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.”
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Drake was around here early before he signed with Cash Money and was involved with some 100% real deal street dudes. Won't get into detsils but he got thoro Memphis connections, no matter how corny people may think he is.

He don’t come off like it. Hard to see him hanging around any of them North Memphis nikkas judging from how he acts and how I know they act but okay :skip:

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Oh,So he's one with the struggle of African Americans and sees color now:pachaha:?

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.”
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'

Only when its convenient :wow:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

Drake's new angle...a theory.

I assume his camp has gotten through his ego and convinced him of what we all know now - he can't go bar for bar (or even tweet for tweet) with Pusha. He's already lost among hip-hop fans.

What he can't afford to do is lose his pop fans, massive female fan base, or corporate sponsors. And let's be real - they're the ones actually buying his records and paying to go to his shows. Coli nikkas ain't payin for shyt :pachaha:

Continuing to trade diss tracks with Pusha will only further expose the skills gap (and more dirt about Drake's complicated private life), and may result in Drake saying things that cost him serious money.

So he changes his approach - now he's looking to make himself a sympathetic figure, rather than a dominant one.

This IG post is the trial balloon. If his team sees it start to shore up his pop fan/female support on social media, he'll continue down this path.

I wouldn't expect Drake's next "diss track" to even mention Pusha or anything about him at all. Drake will concede without conceding.

Instead, it will be some sort of exploration of his life as a tragic mulatto. He'll rap about not ever fitting in anywhere, his trials and tribulations growing up in a single-parent home, the confused identity he suffers as a result of being biracial, and give some sort of mea culpa for how he did his son.

The track will be well-received by critics because of its "incisive commentary on life in a newly diverse, multicultural America" and his "bracing honesty regarding his personal failure and struggle for redemption."
Corporate sponsors will happily cosign it - especially in an age where they live in fear of brand damage due to "cultural insensitivity" (Starbucks :mjlol:).

Female fans will forgive him - the song will be emotionally resonant and restore their confidence that he'll do right by his son.

Pop fans will keep tuning in because the beat selection will be impeccable.

Just a theory....:manny: