Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
All this because he hastidly (at record-breaking times) reacted to Infrared.

Imagine, if Drake ignored Push he would've owned the summer. He would've lost a battle but won the war.

This is like in the Art of War when they tell you a strategy and explain what happens when you don't follow it.

he already won the biggest artist war

but more respected artist war is something he fights for continously

I rememebr an article about Mariah Carey how she was killing Mary J in sales but was upset she didnt get the respect Mary did.

shyt eats away at them when they realize money aint shyt

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All jokes aside...like i'm only half getting the Drake fans on this. This couldn't possibly be your first rap beef. The truth, as in life is in how you flip what you've got. Roc-A-Fella wasn't named specifically after a dude who got AIDS, but Nas took some shyt and flipped it for a nasty bar.

I'm saying this to say that it doesn't really fukking matter why Drake took these photos. It made him look bad, and made for a potent combination with Push's diss. The fact that he has to explain them like this, and there was an effort to remove them tells me...the shyt worked.

In terms of hip hop competition, Drake has crafted an image to where all of the things that seem obvious to get at him about he's immune to. We've seen Budden, Meek and Common all basically fall or get dismissed because they came at him with shyt that the hip hop community USED to care about. They don't. And they took Ls.

Push saw this shyt and went a different, much dirtier, ether-ous route. Using this pictures like this? That's hip hop battle shyt, man. This is literally the 2018 equivalent of Jay putting Prodigy up dressed as a fukking ballerina on the Summerjam screen. It's about using the ammo you have to make your competition look BAD. Not pure truth.

Code

Banned
Daps
The morons will think he "lost" with this response, instead he spun harder than Fox on a Monday...that finesse right there, is how he keeps his fanbase. Very slick. So he took a snipe at his character and turned it into a sniper against all black men in the industry...see this is the Chess I was talking about.

Check the comments you fukking idiot, this is already blowing up in his face

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
All jokes aside...like i'm only half getting the Drake fans on this. This couldn't possibly be your first rap beef. The truth, as in life is in how you flip what you've got. Roc-A-Fella wasn't named specifically after a dude who got AIDS, but Nas took some shyt and flipped it for a nasty bar.

I'm saying this to say that it doesn't really fukking matter why Drake took these photos. It made him look bad, and made for a potent combination with Push's diss. The fact that he has to explain them like this, and there was an effort to remove them tells me...the shyt worked.

In terms of hip hop competition, Drake has crafted an image to where all of the things that seem obvious to get at him about he's immune to. We've seen Budden, Meek and Common all basically fall or get dismissed because they came at him with shyt that the hip hop community USED to care about. They don't. And they took Ls.

Push saw this shyt and went a different, much dirtier, ether-ous route. Using this pictures like this? That's hip hop battle shyt, man. This is literally the 2018 equivalent of Jay putting Prodigy up dressed as a fukking ballerina on the Summerjam screen. It's about using the ammo you have to make your competition look BAD. Not pure truth.

fax

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now to me, I get why Drake came out and said this. You wanna avoid potential damage to your rep, and your bag. BUT, my opinion is that this should have maybe accompanied another diss. Maybe drop that, have a line or two about the blackface to TRY to clean that up, then drop the explanation. It may not have worked, but this...has Drake looking like he's emotionally effected right now, and that is taking precedence over the competition.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
he already won the biggest artist war

but more respected artist war is something he fights for continously

I rememebr an article about Mariah Carey how she was killing Mary J in sales but was upset she didnt get the respect Mary did.

shyt eats away at them when they realize money aint shyt

And this is what Pac alluded to after the shooting. It's the shyt that eats away at your soul that gets you.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Now to me, I get why Drake came out and said this. You wanna avoid potential damage to your rep, and your bag. BUT, my opinion is that this should have maybe accompanied another diss. Maybe drop that, have a line or two about the blackface to TRY to clean that up, then drop the explanation. It may not have worked, but this...has Drake looking like he's emotionally effected right now, and that is taking precedence over the competition.

word is a track is on the way

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Likely was going through the same thing in Canada like he stated. :stopitslime:
No, he stated:
avhq1y.jpg