DRAKE OF OVHOE FAME DROPS A LOVE TAP ON KENDRICK, FUTURE, ROZAY, METRO, WEEKND & MORE.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I said it was more of a myth than anything. It's going to be outliers where people get more exposure but the other side to that is... Drake benefited just as much. Simply put...It paints him as being "in touch" with that segment when it's just a moment for him to market himself and move on. He will join someone's wave and kill it off before they can really benefit from it.

My main point though was simple...how is it that the biggest artist with unlimited pull can't even create a star artist out of his own label but can magically provide unlimited "stimulus packages" to everyone right?

Trick Daddy's run allowed for Trina and Rick Ross to flourish

Rick Ross run allowed for Meek and Wale to pop

Jay-Z run allowed for Kanye and Rihanna

J. Cole run allowed for J.I.D. and Ari Lennox

Wayne's run allowed for Nikki and Drake

but OVO sound can't sign any rapper that could be the face of the label when Drake hangs it up.

Take the stan glasses off and really think about it.
Cole run had nothing to do with Ari and JID. What you’re describing is a generational difference where in a prior era co signs meant a lot to your career.

again, no rapper label works like that anymore

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Hip hop media has zero integrity at this point:scust:.....all these lames going to bat for a complete fraud:snoop:
Nah you nikkas love goal post moving… this ain’t the first time Jay been accused of rhyme stealing… What I’m telling you is everyone in the music industry from your rappers to your country/ R&B artist do this shyt

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Reference tracks are usually completed songs that you maybe change a Word/Line or two where it suits you.
Jay took the hook which is a common placed thing for producers to come up with hooks of the song.
Even on the Black Album doc you see Kanye spitting the bridge to Lucifer to Jay.
He done full new verses Ski said he had one verse done.

I ain'r gon hold you though it is a reference of some sorts though I'll give you that :ehh:
Definitely not what Drake has been doing though.

We saying people never borrowed flows in Hip Hop now? Seriously? lol
I think the reality is some of our favorite rappers have probably had references written for them by producers, rather that be hooks concepts etc. Do I think drake the only one? No I don't I just think he's the only one to piss off certain relationships with producers/djs. Metro wouldn't leaked this if drake was still cool with him, both situations was some feminine shyt

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Jay used the hook and the flow.. Yeah he switch the words up but the overall direction of the song of the original was “reference” Point is it’s not Jay’s song

We can’t apply one standard to Drake and then juelz when it comes to the likes of Jayz etc

You looking like Mr. Fantastic right about now.

There is a big difference between nikkas stenciling your raps and a producer shopping for a song with a ready made hook with some R&B singer on it.

Big fukking difference and Drake has clear cut examples of doing the former.

You can dikk ride and root for that fakkit without false equivalences.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I said it was more of a myth than anything. It's going to be outliers where people get more exposure but the other side to that is... Drake benefited just as much. Simply put...It paints him as being "in touch" with that segment when it's just a moment for him to market himself and move on. He will join someone's wave and kill it off before they can really benefit from it.

My main point though was simple...how is it that the biggest artist with unlimited pull can't even create a star artist out of his own label but can magically provide unlimited "stimulus packages" to everyone right?

Trick Daddy's run allowed for Trina and Rick Ross to flourish

Rick Ross run allowed for Meek and Wale to pop

Jay-Z run allowed for Kanye and Rihanna

J. Cole run allowed for J.I.D. and Ari Lennox

Wayne's run allowed for Nikki and Drake

but OVO sound can't sign any rapper that could be the face of the label when Drake hangs it up.

Take the stan glasses off and really think about it.
Man you don’t even listen to these artists. The bolded is all cap. Ross put Wale on?

What the hell are you talking about?

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
You looking like Mr. Fantastic right about now.

There is a big difference between nikkas stenciling your raps and a producer shopping for a song with a ready made hook with some R&B singer on it.

Big fukking difference and Drake has clear cut examples of doing the former.

You can dikk ride and root for that fakkit without false equivalences.
Ain’t no fukkin difference bytch ass nikka… news flash nobody but you Twitter fakkits give a flying fukk… This is where the music industry is at.. Foh

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
bizarre to me he hasn't put this out properly, he would've had a chance of going Number 1 with it

poor Wayno got the toxic corny ass Kendrick stans in a tizzy.. they've hit the paranoid stage
these fanbases are two sides of the same coin.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bizarre to me he hasn't put this out properly, he would've had a chance of going Number 1 with it

poor Wayno got the toxic corny ass Kendrick stans in a tizzy.. they've hit the paranoid stage
Why would he care, though? Drake doesn't need to chase hits like the rest of these bozos who are proud of going #1 with 50k units sold.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

It would have to pass Like That which is 3 weeks at #1 on Billboard at the moment. They don’t want to get ratio’d