Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Ok I've finished the album. 'What would Pluto do' is the one that slaps the most for me. This project doesn't seem to have any huge smashes but who knows what will catch (Gently with Bad bunny may do some work with tik tokers). Personally I don't like it much off first listen, I don't hate it at all but it's just drake in 3rd gear. Most of the features don't really do much for me outside of Cole. I'll spin it again later

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Nah not terrible at all definitely not what all the hype was about. Off first listen this not as good as CLB which I keep telling people has aged well. It’s some undeniable fire on here though which is to be expected I just don’t think he’s ever going to do what he did on FPS or 8am in Charlotte for a whole tape no matter what he says before the album drops. He has too many fan bases to touch. You’d think he would be smart enough to just do a two sided tape like he tried on Scorpion but it is what it is. Anybody saying it’s all trash just doesn’t like the person making the music.

Eh it’s just words nikka
What are you talking about CLB was trash too. Hotline Bling got to drakes head and he ain’t been the same since. I wasn’t too impressed with 8am in Charlotte but FPS was nice. Drake just ain’t got it no more brehs

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Listening so far, it’s a couple songs I like so far. I just don’t understand why every album has to be 20+ songs… tired of all these long ass albums full of bloat.

He hasn’t made a concise offering since Nothing Was the Same.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
and he hasn't fallen off. I'm saying once he has to start doing shyt like that, you'll know there's a problem.
Bro have you literally been following his last few albums? You know why he ain’t falling off? Because you can’t put him a a box like you can do 95% hip hop artist… You don’t see them doing techno albums and jumping in and out of different genres seamlessly

Drake bout the only nikka that can do that..

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening so far, it’s a couple songs I like so far. I just don’t understand why every album has to be 20+ songs… tired of all these long ass albums full of bloat.

He hasn’t made a concise offering since Nothing Was the Same.
My big problem with this. Did not need to have 20 songs at all. The strong songs are really strong but having to filter to the mid to get to it :francis:

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
My big problem with this. Did not need to have 20 songs at all. The strong songs are really strong but having to filter to the mid to get to it :francis:
for real, this shyt could have literally done without at least 7 or 8 of these songs. Playlist buffet type of album like most his albums for the last decade. Good tracks are really good tho.