Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I enjoy the album. It’s going to take sometime for 23 tracks to hit.

I don’t think it’s good as Her Loss but I will probably like this better than CLB.

This isn’t the “same ole Drake” that was CLB. He’s never used the flow that he did on “Daylight for example”
That’s how I feel too for sure. With Her Loss, a lot of those songs on there that I still play regularly hit instantly. I’ll have to run this back a little more but I definitely feel like I’ll like it better than CLB, I get more Views and Scorpion vibes on this one than CLB.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK album I give it 6.5/10 features and 8am carried the shyt rest of it was not awful but not terrible either

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
That’s how I feel too for sure. With Her Loss, a lot of those songs on there that I still play regularly hit instantly. I’ll have to run this back a little more but I definitely feel like I’ll like it better than CLB, I get more Views and Scorpion vibes on this one than CLB.
CLB is not bad but it’s way too safe.

Her loss is an album with nothing but slaps. Her loss is what people want from Drake because no one can make anthems like him

FTD is a lot different. A lot of songs on here don’t have hooks. daylight and Away from home are 2 new flows and he kills it

I do believe this was suppose to be an R&B album because all the singing songs have the same theme. Women being flaky, not dependable, sending mixed message and being hard to trust.

It’s a lot of the old vulnerable, lacking confidence Drake on here even on WWPD he’s imagining what it would be like if he got with the girl and he’s hesitant to initiate anything with her

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
CLB is not bad but it’s way too safe.

Her loss is an album with nothing but slaps. Her loss is what people want from Drake because no one can make anthems like him

FTD is a lot different. A lot of songs on here don’t have hooks. daylight and Away from home are 2 new flows and he kills it

I do believe this was suppose to be an R&B album because all the singing songs have the same theme. Women being flaky, not dependable, sending mixed message and being hard to trust.

It’s a lot of the old vulnerable, lacking confidence Drake on here even on WWPD he’s imagining what it would be like if he got with the girl and he’s hesitant to initiate anything with her
One thing I think fukked up CLB’s release was if I remember correctly a lot of shyt leaked. I remember hearing Not Around/TSU like a whole year before it officially dropped. I agree that it was too safe, wasn’t anything too groundbreaking on there, it grew on me a bit but I only go back to a few, Love All, Fair Trade, Pipe Down, etc. He probably felt validated once Way 2 Sexy went number one on billboard though.

jesc07

Pro
Daps
After a few listens...it hasn't grown on me. I'm waiting for a chopped and screwed version...maybe that will help lol.

Away From Home the only legit banger.

Slime you out gets skipped every time on my listens lol.

And what is Yachty and Yeat doing on this album...c'mon Drake. Is he trolling us ha

If this his last album for awhile then where is Future, Rick Ross...where's the dope interlude at? There's always one fire r&b banger on every drake album - I don't see it here.

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
First Person Shooter is my favorite song of the year
Mind you I wasn't even going to listen to this album. I give it a 7 out of 10
:ehh:

tay1

All Star
Daps
This ***** dad is now responding to ****. Drake gotta come back strong. The pressure is getting to him.

• Haha
Reactions: No1

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Sure its a flow he's never used, but all I hear on Daylight is Lil Baby. That's Lil Baby's flow and his sound tbh. The song is a miss for me because of it. :francis:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
this a cool album to me, I enjoy the second half after the screw interlude but first is cool too. Drake is just going through the motions, not a groundbreaking album but not a garbage one either. Maybe bc I never held him in high regard outside of making hits that I see this part of his career as a failure, especially with that tour he has going on.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Views
More Life
Scorpion
Dark Lane Demo Tapes
Certified Lover Boy
Honestly Nevermind
For All The Dogs

It’s really crazy when you list these out and realise how much trash, lazy & unforgettable music drake has put out in a row
:umad: doggie

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Views
More Life
Scorpion
Dark Lane Demo Tapes
Certified Lover Boy
Honestly Nevermind
For All The Dogs

It’s really crazy when you list these out and realise how much trash, lazy & unforgettable music drake has put out in a row
After Pusha dissed ol boy, he’s just been on a decline since