Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
There really are too many universes. Right now it's looking like U3, U4, and U10 are filler status. There just around as cannon fodder for the known characters to pad their stats and get a little shine. I'll give U9 a pass because they at least built up the wolf brothers and gave them a somewhat honorable send off. And of course we'll find out about U2 next week.

I think that the Scientist dude may last for while from universe 3, and possibly Ganos(Hidden), Damon, and the other hidden character from universe 4. I wanna see the universe 6 boar and the two hidden fighters that look like hitmen.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really took a bite out of the Pride Troopers this episode. I'm actually a bit surprised, given that they've been hyped up as the major obstacle for Goku and the others. Then again, they still have Toppo and Jiren, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference for them.

I loved how they handled Kale and Caulifla’s relationship in this episode. Kale unlocking her True Super Saiyan form out of sorrow rather than anger was a welcome, new addition

#17 and #18 tag-teaming was boss, and it was just great seeing the two of them share screen-time together.

Even Frieza, for the little screen-time he had this episode, was still fukking amazing. :russ:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Good point, Jiren must be fully aware that he is extremely powerful.

Ya he knows how strong toppo is and from what he sense from goku he ain't impressed either it's y he be like:why: :dahell: :scust: :camby: when he keep challenging him let alone toppo gave him an idea how strong he was

Both toppo and goku didn't fight at full power at time at end goku went kkssb
And toppo started to power up so don't know gap between 2

Majority assume he already has new form I don't think goku does especially with the leaks implying something caused it to happen during tournament

Goku assumes his kkx whatever number is enough and bout to get reality check from jiren that ain't enough
I think his new form will help but barely won't be a big gap if it helps beat jiren just enough to beat him maybe not enough power wise either they could even do it too where it's still not enough but strategy gets jiren beat instead

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
They really took a bite out of the Pride Troopers this episode. I'm actually a bit surprised, given that they've been hyped up as the major obstacle for Goku and the others. Then again, they still have Toppo and Jiren, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference for them.

I loved how they handled Kale and Caulifla’s relationship in this episode. Kale unlocking her True Super Saiyan form out of sorrow rather than anger was a welcome, new addition

#17 and #18 tag-teaming was boss, and it was just great seeing the two of them share screen-time together.

Even Frieza, for the little screen-time he had this episode, was still fukking amazing. :russ:

I wonder if Dyspo and the other pride trooper will be a problem.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Ya he knows how strong toppo is and from what he sense from goku he ain't impressed either it's y he be like:why: :dahell: :scust: :camby: when he keep challenging him let alone toppo gave him an idea how strong he was

Majority assume he already has new form I don't think goku does especially with the leaks implying something caused it to happen during tournament

Goku assumes his kkx whatever number is enough and bout to get reality check from jiren that ain't enough
I think his new form will help but barely won't be a big gap if it helps beat jiren just enough to beat him maybe not enough power wise either they could even do it too where it's still not enough but strategy gets jiren beat instead
:whoo:This is where Super redeems it self, this is getting interesting.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if Dyspo and the other pride trooper will be a problem.

Its kind of funny that most of the strongest fighters are not even really trying to eliminate people, like how Hit,Jiren, and Goku, Frieza are just kind of wandering around looking to fight and usually ends up in them knocking people out because they're so much stronger than everyone else.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I think that the Scientist dude may last for while from universe 3, and possibly Ganos(Hidden), Damon, and the other hidden character from universe 4. I wanna see the universe 6 boar and the two hidden fighters that look like hitmen.

IMO, if his name wasn't dropped pre-tournament then he's probably jobber status. They may get a moment with Piccolo, Tien or Roshi. They all may even team-up against Gohan, Goku, or Frieza, but I don't have high hopes for any of them. I think the true powerhouses are already known and revealed from what we seen thus far in the tournament, from the opening credits, and pre-tournament scenes.

Rottweiler

All Star
Daps
What's with all this "Rest up. In time, when we fight again, you will get stronger and it will be for real." The match is 48 minutes...They're treating it like the Hunger Games...which is fine, but they may as well have just not added a time limit to the tournament.
The concept of time is meaningless in the world of Dragon Ball. Remember how long 5 minutes was for Goku and Frieza on Namek?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
What's with all this "Rest up. In time, when we fight again, you will get stronger and it will be for real." The match is 48 minutes...They're treating it like the Hunger Games...which is fine, but they may as well have just not added a time limit to the tournament.
Basically the episodes taking place in a minute or so. If they didn't have a limit then the fighters could just stand around until they got threatened to fight

krexzen

All Star
Daps

I think it's just strategy. In the episode, Toppo told Jiren to let the others handle it while they conserve their energy for the final show down. During the preliminaries Toppo mentioned that he may need Jiren and that was purely based off Goku's strength. Like you said, I definitely think Toppo at least respects him and informed Jiren of what he saw.

Yeah all the Saiyans (except Gohan) are going off testing their power, taking unnecessary risks. The wiser and less impulsive fighters (Hit, Jiren, Toppo) are holding back and very carefully picking their moments while having their role players eliminate each other. They already sized up the other top fighters and are saving as much as they can for the 4th quarter. They trying to make sure their universe survives while Goku and Caulifla are fighting for fun and enjoyment.

Last edited: