Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
For people calling out the "SSJ was dead when Goten and Trunks got it." Nah It wasn't really...

It was still very meaningful. True people were made and confused when Goten and Trunks achieved it but some could argue that since both their fathers had already achieved it the trait was "unlocked" for them when they were born. That coppled with the fact that human/saiyen hybrids are supposed to have a higher strength potential than pure blooded saiyens.

SSJ was always something that had to be "unlocked" and everyone's key to unlocking it was different which would explain why Goku or Vegeta or anyone hasn't just "told" someone how to go SSJ because it doesn't work that way or at least it didn't before.

Whatever you say about Goten and Trunks one thing that hasn't changed with SSJ is that it is achieved under extreme emotion on top of physical stress.

You don't unlock it by powering up, that was made clear early on. I was never about focusing your energy. And I think this is where the writers went of course.

The writers interchanged "UNLOCKING SSJ" with "TURNING SSJ". Which are two different things and are achieved two different ways.

What Cabba is doing it telling Califla how to "TURN SSJ" before she has even unlocked it, which doesn't make sense.

That tingly feeling in the back makes sense to someone that may have already unlocked SSJ and is trying to turn back especially without having to be under the same exact conditions as when it was first achieved. But thats not whats going on here.

An easy fix would have been for Cabba to do what Vegeta did and bait Califla into unlocking it. then when she couldn't figure out how to go back he could teach her the back thing.

But I'm assuming the writers didn't want to spend more than 5 minutes on the introduction of the first female ssj transformation and wanted to get to 5th return of Frieza.
Bingo was his name

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Honestly my main problem with these new transformations is that the design is ridiculously lazy.

Super Saiyan God? Super Saiyan Blue? Golden Frieza? All of these are just palette swaps; it's the exact same design with just different colors.

As wack as GT was overall, I have to at least give it credit for the SSJ4 design. It's actually a transformation that looks different rather than just a color change.
Plus better storyline villains

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
giphy.gif

DBcsJzIW0AExdoc.jpg

I guess the ending song should changed to "Broly Back" after that episode, lol. She was about to kill Cabba, lol.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Naw I think Kale got a thing for Caulfia. Cause if she that mad about a potential relationship why would she go so hard at the person she was interested in.

Califlaua is HER sister breh...:dahell: She even insinuated I don't like him like that. it's jealously...Kale likes him.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
im reading through these comments now and seeing frieza is still being brought up. this is why i said my show is better and DBZ is getting stale.

is this like the 10th time frieza is back? wat happened with revival of the gods or whatever it was called

how is he still here?

you guys only like this show because its hypermasculine

great anime is about great concepts and storylines

We dont have a sailor moon thread tho...:camby: Dragon ball is infinitely more popular and the fights are better... you're done here...

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
im reading through these comments now and seeing frieza is still being brought up. this is why i said my show is better and DBZ is getting stale.

is this like the 10th time frieza is back? wat happened with revival of the gods or whatever it was called

how is he still here?

you guys only like this show because its hypermasculine

great anime is about great concepts and storylines
82707153.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Ok........time out.......Whis said a mortal but then the next sentence says a god of destruction who's stronger than Beerus?:dwillhuh: Also, Kale:merchant::ohhh::whoo::why::whoa::damn:Brawd on some demonic shyt :whoa:Cabba showed such promise in the other tournament as Vegetas new protege the hell the writers doing with him?:jbhmm:Frieza:mjlol:Boy going to get his betrayal on the first chance he gets.:russ:Then the Prince will send him back downstairs with extreme prejudice :ufdup::demonic:
Cabba's gonna end up the strongest by the end of the tournament. He'll probably go SSJ3. It's like nikkas just started watching anime. That meek, seemingly easily intimidated male who is actually the strongest is one of the oldest tropes.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol they gotta be trolling us now. Did Kale just cry herself into SSJ? And Califla went SSJ2 like she been doin it for years. We've only really seen 2 other saiyens from Cabba's Universe and they're both stronger than him...

Did they just say Frieza said "fukk Nah" to passing onto the afterlife and is just chilling in limbo?

Did Goku tell Frieza he'd get resurrected for good with earths dragon balls if they win? Dude is over here making side deals on some Trump/Russia shyt.

Frieza hates Goku down to his very core so I don't think hes going to abide by any agreement.

This episode was all over the place.

It's cool that they made a female broly for fanservice, but I was really hoping for a true broly arc with a proper backstory but this is the closest we'll get.

All this fanservice and throwbacks are gonna get old fast.

They really dropped the ball on the new saiyens. I would have much rather not now how they achieved SSJ and just assume they went through there own struggles. The handout from universe 7 was kinda lame.

Cabba, Califla, and Kale are really great characters that could easily warrant their own series before universe 7 came along.

This whole arc is dumb and there's no real highstakes threat. It's just a game and we know we won't lose. It's even against the rules to kill ppl.... I'm just ready to move on so a real villain can appear.