Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

krexzen

All Star
Daps
True it's pretty much a theory that I thought of. Akira has completely lost the plot maybe because he's getting older.

I agree and I think It's also because creators don't care about the material the same way the "fanatics" do. They be motivated and into it at first but after 30 years it just becomes a job. They lose the interest and desire to keep everything properly tied together. With each year they start to give less and less of a fukk.

It was the same way with George Lucas and Star Wars.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick thought why so many of ya getting so excited about 17:yeshrug: I mean he was cool I guess:yeshrug: but never knew he had a huge fanbase:rudy:

he only got popular cause of gt & super android 17....that's the only time he really shines in the series....in z, 18 shined more than him...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DK1EM2v.gif

:mindblown:

they've never fought, so they gotta build it up....dont think goku goes ssb though, think he'll just go reg ss to fight him....he'll show 17 ssb when they fight the aliens they team up against....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another good episode....the show really hitting it's groove now....i like how they showing what each member brings to the team...

it's looking like unis 7 & 6 vs everyone else....cause champa not liking how the other unis are talking shyt...

goku got toppo shook...man cant even drink a glass of water without thinking about goku lol....also like how they teasing/building up jiren like he gonna be that muthafukka....jiren vs goku gonna be one for the ages....

lol at people overacting to the 17 vs goku preview....i highly doubt goku goes ssb to actually fight 17...i think he'll fight him as a reg ss, and then he'll go ssb to fight the aliens that show up just to show 17 who run shyt.....which leads to my next thing:

goku hasnt gone all out against anyone since hit (he was about to with toppo, but the grand priest stopped it), which lets me know they really saving that next transformation for something special....

also, if people havent noticed, they are showing why goku that dude....while recruiting others, he's been training, getting stronger, and working on tactics every episode with each recruit...ex: he sparred with buu in reg form, think about that for a sec...i think while everyone else gonna be running around training & frantic, once he finishes recruiting everyone, goku just gonna chill the last couple hours before the tourney...which shows he not worried bout nothing and ready to get it on.....side note: it's gonna freak beerus out lol...

...they doing a hell of a job setting it up...and i cant wait to see how this plays out....

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing SSB become spam is a valid complaint.

Zeno is the most powerful being of existence destroying whole universes by sneezing and shyt... only like 3 tiers away from goku right now, there's no reason to think such a powerful can be dumbed down. The show doesn't even turn down the special effects either, so what's hinting at goku slap boxing with krillin and 17? They couldnt catch up to SS2 but 4 transformations later theyre equal :gucci:

It makes sense for buu to be able to fukk with him, he's 1 part made of OG buu who way stronger than goku at SSJ3, but then you see goku didnt even transform. Buu could easily kill a none super saiyan by mistake since that level should be capped.

Can't just throw in some shyt about power levels at the beginning of the entire series and just say fukk it now. Blatant sloppy writing. No better than trunks hair changing colors for no reason at all.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the power levels are all over the place

The fate of their universe on the line and they out here thinking about inviting old ass master roshi:snoop:

Kid Bu

Pro
Daps
Yeah ok but these new Gods are boring as fukk for now :martin: That pink elephant knows that is still alive only thanks to Beerus and Goku?:stopitslime:And Champa, Beerus restored your earth, remember?

Beerus is still the best God, imo :yeshrug:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't believe some of you are still hung up on Goku going SSB.

He didn't go SSB vs. Buu which is probably the 3rd strongest after Vegeta and Goku.

The writing is a lot smarter than it was in DBZ. Everything is connected.

Vegeta is paying more attention to his family is because Whis told him that the reason he hasn't reached his full potential is because all he does if focus on training and overthinking. Vegeta is all about getting stronger but also balance. He's disciplined when it comes to training and if Whis says he's too uptight then he's gonna relax a bit. They key that will push Vegeta to the next level is his family, which is much different from his previous demeanor which was train nonstop.

Me and my friend were having a discussion about could Vegeta go SSJ3. My point of view was basically yes he could if he wanted to but he wouldn't want to. For the same reason he doesn't go Ultra SSJ or even attempt to learn kaioken. Vegeta will never sacrifice speed for strength or endurance for ki or vice versa. He's all about being a well rounded fighter. I would also argue that Vegeta has way better ki manipulation than Goku.

But back to the main topic. Goku going SSB or not going SSB has nothing to do with the strength of his opponent during these recruitment scenarios. God Ki is much different than regular Ki. You can't really sense the power level of God Ki like you would regular ki, just the enormous pressure that it erupts. Goku is preparing his squad, even in the last episode when Goku fights Buu he makes sure the Buu understand the rules regarding out of bounds, same with Krillen.

Goku is saying he's learning something each fight and I don't think he's being straight forward about his meaning. He's more so learning more about the squads abilities than his own.

When he fought Buu he said he learned a lesson, but he said he's learned that same lesson from watching Krillin and Gohan. So I think hes just preparing his team because he's the only one that really knows what they are up against.

Going SSB or not is all about preparing them for what may come.