Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Because the consequence of losing is death. Not just your own but the entire universe.

Sure Goten/Trunks are stronger then Krillin Roshi and Tien but they are still kids. Gohan was at least a teen when he had to go against Cell. Putting that kind of pressure on a 6 yr old ain't what u do.
technically theyre older than gohan was when he fought cell

theyre like 13/14 right now

gohan was actually 11

Raizan

Pro
Daps
Who? Tien was strong enough to keep Semi Perfect Cell at bay so I really dont understand why his inclusion the the lineup is being questioned. He's at least as strong as the Androids, likely stronger by now when you take into account the fact that he devotes his life to training.

I think Tien is a cool and often underused character, but to think he's on 17 and 18's level is just madness, Breh. Piccolo trained for years, and then fused back with Kami and he still couldn't beat 17. Like it or not there are certain plateaus the purely human characters will simply never be able to reach.

Daps
Reppin
London
I think Tien is a cool and often underused character, but to think he's on 17 and 18's level is just madness, Breh. Piccolo trained for years, and then fused back with Kami and he still couldn't beat 17. Like it or not there are certain plateaus the purely human characters will simply never be able to reach.

:mjpls:Tien ain't exactly human now is he? Dude has three eyes, can sprout extra arms and produce clones from his own body. Actually why doesn't he use his arm growth ability? I swear it amps his power level.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I throw something at you and you don't catch it, it's going to hit you and leave a mark :dwillhuh:
I think this was just one of those power scaling moments for plot reasons. Goku needed that bruise so that Beerus could see it and have Goku explain that he needed to train more or something. I just saw a manga scan of Bulma shooting kid Goku in the back with a machine gun and all it did was leave holes in his clothes.

Daps
Reppin
London
I think this was just one of those power scaling moments for plot reasons. Goku needed that bruise so that Beerus could see it and have Goku explain that he needed to train more or something. I just saw a manga scan of Bulma shooting kid Goku in the back with a machine gun and all it did was leave holes in his clothes.

:russ:Didn't Nappa take on heavy military artillery and come out unscathed?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Unless they wish for more powers like I said earlier, but they never do that do they???:mjpls:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Side note but I can't help but think android 18 has a thing against arms
latest
latest

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
:dead: DBZ theorists)/fans woat

Raizan

Pro
Daps
:mjpls:Tien ain't exactly human now is he? Dude has three eyes, can sprout extra arms and produce clones from his own body. Actually why doesn't he use his arm growth ability? I swear it amps his power level.

Toriyama classifies Tien as human, so I'm going to go with his designation. 3 eyes is unusual, but hell, Krillin has no nose..does that mean he isn't human either? The extra arm thing was nice way back in Dragonball, and maybe he will use that skill again, but I've seen Krillin use the clone technique as well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who? Tien was strong enough to keep Semi Perfect Cell at bay so I really dont understand why his inclusion the the lineup is being questioned. He's at least as strong as the Androids, likely stronger by now when you take into account the fact that he devotes his life to training.

One thing worth mentioning about Tien is that his tri-beam is one of those weird, overpowered moves that's way stronger than the actual person using it (much like the destructo disc). It's stupidly strong no matter who's using it, but the catch is that it drains the user's life force. Tien stalling Cell was still a classic DBZ moment, no doubt, but it's not a feat that would put him on Piccolo's level IMO.

According to the Dragonball Wiki:

...However, the major drawback of the technique, as with the original, is that it drains Tien's life force, greatly harming and being able to kill him with repeated use. The attack does damage 500x the user's own power.
Tien used this attack to stall Cell in his Semi-Perfect form so Android 18 could escape with an injured Android 16. Although Cell was leagues ahead in strength and the Neo Tri-Beam did not inflict any real damage, Cell was unable to escape the repeated attacks and kept getting blasted deeper into the crater. However, overusing the Neo Tri-Beam took a toll on Tien and he eventually collapsed from exhaustion. Before Cell could kill Tien, Goku appeared using Instant Transmission and took the unconscious Tien and Piccolo back to Kami's Lookout to recover.

Source: Neo Tri-Beam

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
technically theyre older than gohan was when he fought cell

theyre like 13/14 right now

gohan was actually 11

If thats true i got the db timeline all fukked up lol.

I swore Gohan was 12-13 when he fought cell. Goten was born that year

Gohan was 21 when he had Pan. So Goten should be 7-8 years old.

If Goten/Trunks are indeed teens then yea there's no reason to pick Krillin/Tien/Roshi over the sayian boys.