Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Breh, GT was :trash::trash::trash:.

Literally the only thing good about it was the SSJ4 design, everything else was ass. There's nowhere to go but up.

Super 17 arc was good though:

latest

Look, "GT" couldn't compete with the Original or Z. That's why it was cancelled after less than 1 year on the air. Dragon Ball ran for 4+ years and Z ran for over 7 years in Japan. The problem was they were making it up as they went along where as the original and Z used the Akira's Manga as the source. Toriyama was missed on "GT", you could just tell. They also wanted a female of saiyan blood to be the main character as Akira said many Japanese Girls were upset all the Sayains were boys. So they pushed Pan to the forefront

latest

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

latest

Look, "GT" couldn't compete with the Original or Z. That's why it was cancelled after less than 1 year on the air. Dragon Ball ran for 4+ years and Z ran for over 7 years in Japan. The problem was they were making it up as they went along where as the original and Z used the Akira's Manga as the source. Toriyama was missed on "GT", you could just tell. They also wanted a female of saiyan blood to be the main character as Akira said many Japanese Girls were upset all the Sayains were boys. So they pushed Pan to the forefront.

At best, Super 17 arc was just less bad than the rest of the arcs in GT, but I still wouldn't say it was good.

I don't have an issue with a female Saiyan...my problem was that Pan was annoying and didn't really do very much fighting. If they're going to have a female Saiyan she should be badass and be able to turn into a Super Saiyan. Pan just spent the entire series whining about this or that. Truth be told I'd love to see more strong female characters. Also...DBZ wasn't really planned out. I mean the anime followed the manga but Toriyama has said many times that he made up Dragonball as he went along.

The main problems with GT were -

1. Overly focused on Goku and ignored anybody else
2. Couldn't decide if it it wanted to be Dragonball or DBZ
3. Mostly lame villains

The Pan thing really annoys me because I thought she had a lot of potential based on her appearance at the end of DBZ. But GT rolled around and she, well, kind of sucked.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished the first episode of Dragonball Super. It was ok...unlike GT it actually feels like a continuation of DBZ.

Looks like it'll probably be more comedy-oriented, which is fine. Another thing I like is that the series is conceived as an anime from the jump, so there shoudn't be any filler or time-wasting.

I'm curious as to how the movies will fit in here. Will the anime be a retelling of the stuff in Battle of the Gods, or are we just going to timeskip past it at some point? If the movie is canon then Goku can't meet Beerus for a while. At least not until after Videl is pregnant.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
At best, Super 17 arc was just less bad than the rest of the arcs in GT, but I still wouldn't say it was good.

I don't have an issue with a female Saiyan...my problem was that Pan was annoying and didn't really do very much fighting. If they're going to have a female Saiyan she should be badass and be able to turn into a Super Saiyan. Pan just spent the entire series whining about this or that. Truth be told I'd love to see more strong female characters. Also...DBZ wasn't really planned out. I mean the anime followed the manga but Toriyama has said many times that he made up Dragonball as he went along.

3. Mostly lame villains

The Pan thing really annoys me because I thought she had a lot of potential based on her appearance at the end of DBZ. But GT rolled around and she, well, kind of sucked.

Making Goku Little again was to gimmicky too. But they didn't want anyone overshadowing Pan, but I agree they should of made her even more stronger. This is Goku's Granddaughter for crying out loud. Even 25% Saiyan blood is still very powerful. Gohan only had 50%. Trunks was apart of the Trio cause he has always been one of the most popular characters in the franchise. Look, "GT" is only cool to me to see them in THE FUTURE. Cause it takes place when everyone is much older. Outside of that it just didn't have the same magic as the original and Z. But SSJ4 was hard, I can't lie. Bulma to me will always be the greatest female in the Dragon Ball Universe. She went to war with Goku, Was able to tame Vegeta and was the mother of Trunks.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
GT gonna be much triller than this bull**** Super just wait. I'm hype of nostalgia for new Dragon Ball, but in reality Toriyama is senile and :flabbynsick: making this.

:dahell:i dont think youd find anyone who would agree wit hyou.

GT was so boring that when it came to the USA, they made the executive decision to like, cut the 1st 15 episodes of the show, out of the dub. Thats why I remember GT as starting, and they were immediately on the metal planet.

BUU gave Mr. Satan/Hercules that work, LOL. Had him repenting for his sins trying to take credit for saving the world and beating Kid Buu. His guilty conscious made him give Goku them bills, LOL. I don't know why Chi-Chi is making Goku work when Gohan soon to be Father in Law is filthy rich. LOL. Also Bulma got bank too from the Capsule Corporation.

CJIwWdPWsAAjPYw.png

Only goku would be dumb enough to turn down 100 million!:damn: Only took an interest in the money when he realized he could go work out at King Kais.

Also Bulma's fam got that Steve Jobs, Bill Gates type money :sadbron:
'

latest

Look, "GT" couldn't compete with the Original or Z. That's why it was cancelled after less than 1 year on the air. Dragon Ball ran for 4+ years and Z ran for over 7 years in Japan. The problem was they were making it up as they went along where as the original and Z used the Akira's Manga as the source. Toriyama was missed on "GT", you could just tell. They also wanted a female of saiyan blood to be the main character as Akira said many Japanese Girls were upset all the Sayains were boys. So they pushed Pan to the forefront

latest

Super 17 had potential to be good, as did many fights in GT, the problem was eventually the creators did something incredibly dumb.
Android 17....1st form cell could give him that work, which is a level the saiyans and uub left in the dust. The merging of two:flabbynsick: robots is not going to create an opponent that powerful.

At least you can actually respect Beerus as being an enemy beyond the saiyans.

Honestly Baby was a good enemy (mostly), the tail end of the shadow dragon saga was aight, and the rest was garbage IMO

3. Mostly lame villains

Yeah

again, give the rest of the saiyans their credit
Android 17 flexing on the saiyans...gimme a break

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just finished the first episode of Dragonball Super. It was ok...unlike GT it actually feels like a continuation of DBZ.

Looks like it'll probably be more comedy-oriented, which is fine. Another thing I like is that the series is conceived as an anime from the jump, so there shoudn't be any filler or time-wasting.

I'm curious as to how the movies will fit in here. Will the anime be a retelling of the stuff in Battle of the Gods, or are we just going to timeskip past it at some point? If the movie is canon then Goku can't meet Beerus for a while. At least not until after Videl is pregnant.

Great first episode Dragon Ball back y'all :mjcry:

too proud to take a gift of money but has no problem abandoning his family and his child driving a tractor trailer HE'S supposed to be driving.

Father of the year here folks.

Just started episode one

We back y'all :wow:

We back :mjcry:
GIMME THE DAMN LANK :damn:

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
BUU gave Mr. Satan/Hercules that work, LOL. Had him repenting for his sins trying to take credit for saving the world and beating Kid Buu. His guilty conscious made him give Goku them bills, LOL. I don't know why Chi-Chi is making Goku work when Gohan soon to be Father in Law is filthy rich. LOL. Also Bulma got bank too from the Capsule Corporation.

CJIwWdPWsAAjPYw.png

Hercule lucky he didn't get his shyt pushed in. In my 22 years on this planet I have learned that fat mothafukkers never fukk around when it comes to food. Buu was ready to unleash the wrath of Kami on his ass. But instead the Based One took pity on him. What a great and merciful god. :lawd: