Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He hates us..

20+ years of being dedicated and loyal fans and he does this to us..
It's much much much more lucrative to make a show targeted at children. The money in anime is the merch. They can make infinite plushies, blankets, sippie cups , backpacks and toys based on the kid Goku project.

They'd be crazy if the banked on stingy 30 and 40yr olds for revenue. The sweet spot for money making is the Pokemon demographic

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
This new series looks like some bullshyt that no one fukking asked for but is DBS continuing or not? Is this new series just a one-off show, or is it a continuation of Super? As long as we can get Morro and Granolah I'll suffer through this nonsense, but I'll be disappointed af if this is Dragon Ball's new direction :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's much much much more lucrative to make a show targeted at children. The money in anime is the merch. They can make infinite plushies, blankets, sippie cups , backpacks and toys based on the kid Goku project.

They'd be crazy if the banked on stingy 30 and 40yr olds for revenue. The sweet spot for money making is the Pokemon demographic
That's the problem

That nikka finna be dead in 10 years and he thinking about money, instead of sustaining the legacy and prestige of his brand..

DBZ didn't take off because it was catered to kids, it took off because it opened kids eyes to a much more sophisticated action cartoon than what they were accustomed to.

He had other opportunities to capture the pokemon demographic, but they failed. No need to carry that over here. nikkas in the US ain't rockin wit dr slump and shyt like that

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Long story short, if I want DBS, I need to buy the manga. I have thought about doing it and its been 6 or so years since Vegeta and Goku squared off on a water source to end it. Life is too short to be waiting for every goddamn thing.

-Still waiting for Half-Life 3
- Waited 14 years for Duke Nukem Forever
-Waited 5 years from Guild Wars: Eye of the North for Guild Wars 2 which was bushed after 30 or so hours

Enough. Clearly DBS wasn't spurring us into the renaissance many of us hoped for.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

This is clearly what they are doing. I don't know why people don't understand they are not going to leave that children demo hanging. The Merchandising alone from this show will be crazy (Toys, trading cards, clothing etc). As you said, Pokemon is still printing money and it dropped around "GT". As someone who watched the show since the 1980's. It was targeted to children from beginning. "Z" had a more teen feel to it but even that was still targeted towards the youth. "GT" clearly had amore kid feel to it.

The issue is now we are grown a$$ Dragon Ball Fans, lol. So for some seeing Goku as a Kid again feels like a let down. It's not for me though because I'm an OG DB Fan. Kid Goku is the original. For a Franchise to continue to grow, you must be able to attract different generations. But yes, this show is targeted towards the youth. It's basically a mixture of OG DB and GT. Also they always "KId Size" Characters in franchises. Muppet Babies, Flintstone Kids, Tom & Jerry Kids, A Pup named Scooby Doo etc, you get the picture. The Trailer did bring me back to this:

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I understand wanting to hit a reset button and switch the tone but there's better ways to do this

You could have easily just moved on from goku and vegeta and did a series focused on a new generation character if you wanted to do this shyt

This all of what we hated about GT, times 50, you're telling me that after all these years getting reception and opinions on GT, that the element people loved about it is making Goku a kid again? Are you out of your mind?
Now yall know how I felt about Black Panther...the Movies and the current run of comics once Hickman left the character.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This I'm assuming is for kids. That's unfortunate. DBZ fans want that gritty violent stuff and this looks like a carefree jolly adventure.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
F8Rn-RnaQAAzMM5

:mjlol:

LOL @ Kid Master Roshi. I like the design. There's clearly going to be some jokes and humor in this with them being Kids again. I wonder does this mean they won't have the same powers. Will Goku and Vegeta have to learn to turn again for the first time.