Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
why would Goku go to war with the angels when Whis is his teacher and has done nothing but help him since they met? Whis has been the truest ally Goku's ever had :mjlol:

and why tf would Goku go to war with Zeno when they're literally friends? And Zeno came and saved Goku from Black as well and seems to really like him

the grand priest seems evil but he's Whis' dad so again why would Goku go to war with them

theory never made sense
Whis and Zeno wouldn't have been bad guys, GP would have been turning heel against them. everyone wanted Grand priest to be evil, whis could have been someone to rebel against his dad's wishes, it would have made whis more likable.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Frieza needs to be the anime version of what the lex luthor/dr.doom dynamic kinda is - ultra evil, intelligent, treacherous yet likable and willing to team up on occasion if it fits into a scheme
I could understand ppl being sick of him as a MAIN villain tho I wouldn't care for that

Also at least to me Japanese Frieza is hilarious idk about the dub voice it's good but it's not classic to me
Friezas original dub voice was trash but the dude who's been voicing him since Kai, Chris Ayers, has been perfect for him and gets across all of the nuances of Nakao's performance.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yeah I have to give the ToP the nod over the Goku Black Arc.

Granted, the Goku Black arc had more potential but the reveal of who Black was ended up being extremely anticlimactic and don't even get me started on how dumb the ending was. :hhh:

My main issue with the ToP is that rather than a free-for-all it felt like everybody just lined up to take turns fighting U7, and that U7 kept getting plot device powerups. But at least the ToP had a good ending and entertaining fights.

Nah. The mystery of Goku Black was well played. Future Trunk's sword was an huge jump in logic though.

Ultra Instinct ended up being nothing but a dikk tease for three appearances that couldn't hold out in the finale seconds.

The tournament morale of the story was that strength alone isn't as good as a team effort We needed to waste Ultra Instinct just for normal Goku, normal Frieza, and 17 to beat Jiren? Lame.

All Ultra Instinct did was prove strong enough to beat an underwritten Kelfa fusion newbie with defensive UI only.

kn83

All Star
Daps
If he did he'd be the prime candidate for god of destruction, possibly surpass Beerus

This gets me thinkin, what if Cell was chosen for the ToP instead of Krillin, and what if he train with Whis in the time chamber?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
How so? Goku Black literally ended up being the most obvious candidate there was.
The time travel angle was legit. People were guessing clones,and dead Goku from android saga body ,multiverses ,or Goten.

The fusion and time ring worked well to hide it. It’s like the twist from the Nolan movie the Prestige.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I don't care what no body say.... They dropped the ball by not making Goku black Goten...

Another ball dropped by not making one of the Zeno's controlled by the spirit of Zamasu...

don't @ me ...:mjgrin:
Don't tell that to the ones on here who cosign Everything the writers choose to do

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Why is anyone hyping the ending to ToP? It was the most straightforward boring shyt ever

Freeza & Goku(who seriously should be dead long before this point) team up and beat Jiren. Android 17 is declared the winner. He does the obvious and revives the universes. We see a glimpse of everybody. The end
incredulous.gif

The fake spoiler where freiza ended up winning dolo was way more exciting. Hell, all the fan theories (Belmod controlling Jiren, Belmod being the evil Jiren needed to beat, grand priest hiding something, 1 merged universe, etc.) would have made this way more interesting. This shyt was as plain as a sandwich with only bread.

Outside of the goku/vegeta scene setting up for the movie and the fighting animation what do you guys see in this ending?