Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get the "They ruined Jiren!!!" complaints; if anything him snapping like he did reflexively makes him a (slightly) more interesting character to me. Dude had almost zero personality and then they decided to double down on the blandness by giving him the most generic, boring tragic backstory you could possibly think of. I don't think there was enough character there for what he did to be "out of character" in the first place. :russ:

I think the decision to make him so pathologically obsessed in the idea of "Justice through strength by individual merit alone" that he snaps after seeing Goku surpass him with the motivation of his friends and family gave him a much needed infusion of some kind of personality/character that he'd been missing up to this point. I like how it exposes him as hypocritical in the light too; he talked shyt and condescended to Toppo for losing to Vegeta while abandoning his Pride Trooper ideals and going full on god of destruction. But when he was in the same desperate position Jiren did the same thing but even worse by trying to fade every innocent U7 bystander just cause Goku had him mad giving him that work with their support. Got his ass beaten in more embarrassing fashion too :umad:

I think what Jiren revealed himself to be is a lot more interesting than just the generic "stoic, quiet unstoppable warrior" jank he was for all of the arc up to this point. :manny:
It would have felt more organic if they spent a little more time on his backstory. You could tell it was basically an afterthought in the writing.

Even Cell had a more compelling backstory.

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
I don't get the "They ruined Jiren!!!" complaints; if anything him snapping like he did reflexively makes him a (slightly) more interesting character to me. Dude had almost zero personality and then they decided to double down on the blandness by giving him the most generic, boring tragic backstory you could possibly think of. I don't think there was enough character there for what he did to be "out of character" in the first place. :russ:

I think the decision to make him so pathologically obsessed in the idea of "Justice through strength by individual merit alone" that he snaps after seeing Goku surpass him with the motivation of his friends and family gave him a much needed infusion of some kind of personality/character that he'd been missing up to this point. I like how it exposes him as hypocritical in the light too; he talked shyt and condescended to Toppo for losing to Vegeta while abandoning his Pride Trooper ideals and going full on god of destruction. But when he was in the same desperate position Jiren did the same thing but even worse by trying to fade every innocent U7 bystander just cause Goku had him mad giving him that work with their support. Got his ass beaten in more embarrassing fashion too :umad:

I think what Jiren revealed himself to be is a lot more interesting than just the generic "stoic, quiet unstoppable warrior" jank he was for all of the arc up to this point. :manny:
So the generic "friends can't REALLY make you stronger" villain is somehow better?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
You would like anything they put out
You probably one of the ones thats been bytching all year yet come back to watch. You should have just gladly took your anguish and stopped watching. Yet here your are :camby:

See you next week for more bytching :francis:

I hope at least time you find closure :yeshrug:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
So the generic "friends can't REALLY make you stronger" villain is somehow better?
Describe generic?

Jiren is a Pride Trooper, a hero, but he is also the most selfish and arrogant hero I ever seen
A hero who is flawed and only saves people for his selfish ambitions of that which is "strenght is absolute"

"What is trust?"

What are friends"

And it makes sense considering his traumatized past. They just needed to flesh out his backstory more but...

I never seen that before :dwillhuh:

Even Superman trusted his friends and he's the most OP superhero written

Yeah the backstory was lackluster but the character development of Jiren is just :wow:

Once again Goku out here changing people :wow:

A he will even probably changed Frieza:wow:

Almost all of Goku's enemies became allies in a way :wow: because of Goku's character and pure heart.

Jiren respects Goku after taking that L and after this tournament Jiren will be a changed man..

For 20 seconds cuz his ass is getting erased :lolbron:

Or not, maybe we will get more fukkery :ohhh:

:wow:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The fact that y’all still trying to complain about writing after the ass pulls designed to appease everybody, intentionally making Jiren as bland as possible just to raise Goku’s heroism, just making everything as “Dragon Ball” as possible :francis:

This shyt is just for adrenaline y’all need to chill

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
They broke all type of molds to give Goku another heroic moment tho. I thot Frieza merked Goku and Jiren was tired enough for Frieza to cook him

A Jiren who got his ass completely beat is still comparable to 17, Frieza, and Goku

Can’t wait for whatever emotional ass pull renders Jiren unable to wash a base form Goku who should be unable to walk

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
They broke all type of molds to give Goku another heroic moment tho. I thot Frieza merked Goku and Jiren was tired enough for Frieza to cook him

A Jiren who got his ass completely beat is still comparable to 17, Frieza, and Goku

Can’t wait for whatever emotional ass pull renders Jiren unable to wash a base form Goku who should be unable to walk
:dahell:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No lies were told though, Krillin been Goku's bottom bytch for a minute. That nikka would walk that intergalactic stroll on a dime with 18 watching.

Can't stand that nikka :hhh:

:heh: WHAT?!?! Dude you don't understand Krillin been goku's ride or die since day 1 fam... to hell and back literally... Also Piccolo too... and now Vegeta...

Everyone riding for goku why you so mad at that man?!?!:laff:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
When goku got stopped finishing jiren, I thought it was you frieza :damn:
Why didnt goku let him attack the stands, dont they barrier and wouldn't he jiren be DQ :dwillhuh:

Thank goodness we got more 1more ep of krillien damn overreaction
Did jiren really unlock a hidden power, He's already too strong why the hell does get to unlock a hidden power:what:
I know 17 is the mvp, but it's sad that vegeta couldnt be one the the last 3 to defend u7:beli:
That barrier ain’t stopping no Jiren

The gods made the fighting arena and the only areas with dense enough terrain are the ones that coincidentally hid Frieza and 17. Everything else in tatters

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Krillin and goku been boy's as long as dragon ball been on air. Of course he rooting for him:dwillhuh:

Krillin, Roshi, goku, bulma, and chi chi are the og's. Clicked tight pretty much the entire series. From dragon ball to super... Krillin has been in every fight that goku has been in from earth to the corner of the universe.... they literally are closer than any other characters.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Goku had Jiren begging him to knock him out, he handed him that L when its all said and done.

And look, now Goku has another limit to break:noah:, I guess this isn't Mastered UI yet afterall. Cuz clearly he hasnt mastered it yet.

On another note.. HOLY fukk at the crowds in Latin America. They won! :whoo::to:

Them crowds.. Those crowds alone could single handedly assure a Super return in 2019. :wow:

1521354465559.jpg

Last edited: