Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait what?

Seriously is this a fact?

Would make sense why the manga so good
Yea there was an interview about it recently

Totaro writes the manga with hands on supervision from Toriyama

The manga is more fleshed out with none of the rushing that the show obviously has

I learned more about Jiren in 3 pages of the manga than I did in 10+ episodes of the show

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Yea there was an interview about it recently

Totaro writes the manga with hands on supervision from Toriyama

The manga is more fleshed out with none of the rushing that the show obviously has

I learned more about Jiren in 3 pages of the manga than I did in 10+ episodes of the show

Where can I get a hold of the manga?

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
wait what?

Seriously is this a fact?

Would make sense why the manga so good

Another fun fact is that Toyotaro is actually a pen name for "Toyble" who was the original creator of Dragon Ball AF (one of them, it's a long story). That is why Dragon Ball Super uses plots and concepts found in the original Dragon Ball AF (7 Saiyans needed to share their power to help Goku, a Supreme Kai and a Goku clone go on a rampage, etc.) and the Super manga even takes panels from the AF manga at points.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This aint true tho

Toryiama tried multiple times to make Gohan the start of the show but the fans wouldn't let him

Goku death after Cell saga was supposed to be permanent. Hell the show was supposed to END after Frieza

Toryiama is definitely lazy but not in the way you're describing. He tried to switch it up and the fans said nikka fukk you we want Goku:damn:

As much as some of us hate how one dimensional the show is, a good amount of people eat this shyt up bruh:manny::francis:

Watch some of these YouTube reactions. All nikkas really want to see is Goku:yeshrug:

They're not ass pulling new forms and plot devices for Goku for no reason:yeshrug:

I'm 100% convinced that Toryiama actually hates Goku and is just saying fukk it might as well get this free money
nikka, I literally just posted a quote of Toriyama saying HIMSELF that he decided that Gohan wasn't fit for the role. He's never said shyt about the fans complaining. He said that he typically never listens to fan requests - in fact, when he got a lot of mail from fans asking him about a certain plot point, he'd do the opposite to throw off their expectations. One of the few times he actually caved into fans was keeping Vegeta alive after the Saiyan saga. But even then, he said he doesn't like Vegeta very much, he just finds him useful for the plot.

Toriyama's said that his favorite characters are Goku and Piccolo. At the end of the day, the story centers around Goku and his journey, and without him, there is no Dragon Ball.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Another fun fact is that Toyotaro is actually a pen name for "Toyble" who was the original creator of Dragon Ball AF (one of them, it's a long story). That is why Dragon Ball Super uses plots and concepts found in the original Dragon Ball AF (7 Saiyans needed to share their power to help Goku, a Supreme Kai and a Goku clone go on a rampage, etc.) and the Super manga even takes panels from the AF manga at points.
...wut. Never mind that the Battle of Gods plot precedes Super by 3 years, but Toriyama is the one who outlines the plots and likely doesn't know shyt about some fan manga. Both Toyble and Toei are working off the same outline.

The Super Manga is just another take on Toriyama's story. The basic details of the plot are still his.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
...wut. Never mind that the Battle of Gods plot precedes Super by 3 years, but Toriyama is the one who outlines the plots and likely doesn't know shyt about some fan manga. Both Toyble and Toei are working off the same outline.

The Super Manga is just another take on Toriyama's story. The basic details of the plot are still his.

You don't know that. How do you know that when they first met, Toyble never put Toriyama onto AF? "How did you get this job?" "I've been making a fan-manga to your series for years. I draw exactly like you."

Toriyama clearly has a lot of respect for Toyotaro and the references to AF in Super are undeniable.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Yeah, the manga has a totally different vibe from the jump.

Jiren running over nikkas from the start. :mjlol:

Goku pimp slapping 75% of the Pride Troopers for fun to get Jiren's attention.:francis:

Vegeta doing God's work with a no look double elimination off the rip, including that bootleg Power Ranger nikka. :picard:

17 straight dusting nikkas from the whistle getting the 1st Elimination of the Tournament. :hubie:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I see where you're coming from, I was wrong. I went and looked back and Goku was supposed to be a different more original character as well. In the context of Goku being the same shytty 1D character as he is now, letting him be the main protagonist of the Cell Saga would've been atrocious for this series.

The biggest fukking issue in all of this is Akira saying a character HE designed wasnt suitable for a role. All he had to do was make Gohan evolve into more than academics :hhh: Akira couldve made Super fire as fukk if he just designed Gohan to be a replacement, but he rather have been lazy and kept reviving Goku repeatedly

THIS! No character development in DBZ. Super everyone getting their shine buts its too late. Bleach/One piece made sure everyone got their shine so they didn't come off useless

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
nikka, I literally just posted a quote of Toriyama saying HIMSELF that he decided that Gohan wasn't fit for the role. He's never said shyt about the fans complaining. He said that he typically never listens to fan requests - in fact, when he got a lot of mail from fans asking him about a certain plot point, he'd do the opposite to throw off their expectations. One of the few times he actually caved into fans was keeping Vegeta alive after the Saiyan saga. But even then, he said he doesn't like Vegeta very much, he just finds him useful for the plot.

Toriyama's said that his favorite characters are Goku and Piccolo. At the end of the day, the story centers around Goku and his journey, and without him, there is no Dragon Ball.

If he likes Piccolo so much why won't he give him a power boost to be competitive?