Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
A year hiatus is a bit much, no? I'm not really upset about it but it makes me wonder why they would suddenly stop when things are getting intense.

I've been anticipating Frieza to go rogue or some catastrophic shyt to happen that changes the set up of the multi-verses.

Zen-oh(s) definitely gonna get clapped some way some how. Universes will be brought back-- Vegeta still has to visit planet Salada which I imagine an alternative Vegeta and/or Goku will reside leading into another epic arc of Saiyan pissing contests.

I wouldn't mind more filler episodes in the mean time.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Ratings been down across the board this past year

Besides ratings don't determine anything. Merchandise does. And Super is Bandai and Toei's biggest money maker right now
Yeah, ratings mean absolutely nothing. Toei actually pays for the timeslot. The whole purpose of most anime is to drive merchandise sales. That's why Kai originally got cancelled even though it was doing good ratings.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The show ending in March either means something political behind the scenes is going on or the anime literally isn’t getting the ratings they want for that time slot.

Or the really just need some time because of fatigue or to plot out more things.

With the game releasing at the end of the month and probably selling a ton with dlc that’ll probably go through out the year it’s hard for me to believe they are killing the show for good.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
  • The manga will not end and it'll probably surpass the anime like most series.
  • They have a movie coming out at the end of the year that'll set up for the next Dragon Ball saga.
Do ya'll remember Goku is the ambassador for Olympics 2020

It will be back.
The manga, almost forgot about it :blessed:

But that shyt drops once a month tho :francis:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I think them ending the show in March is a good thing as it gives them time to figure out how to proceed with storyline after the tournament, if they plan to do so. The main worry is just how things will end. Will it be a complete wrap up or a total cliffhanger.

I also think that with Bulma’s original voice actor dying, that may have had a significant effect. Especially if she was going to be featured more down the road. All in all, I’m hoping it’s not the end.

Last edited: