Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
still wished picollo fused with the dragon balls and shenron gto become a namekian dragon god and use kaioken since his body is perfect for it with the regeneration and size changing smfh

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Do you think if dragonball had less powerups it would be more respected, I think that’s what it comes down to like hunter x hunter
breh

Hunter x Hunter is on a different level when it comes to characters, writing, world building etc. The Nen concept by itself is a more developed idea than anything in Dragon Ball.

Powerups is the last thing Dragon ball has to worry about.

The fighting has been nonsensical since King Piccolo. There is no logic or smarts, it's just whoever has the latest transformation or highest power level.
Toriyama will retcon anything just because, gave up on world building the moment the Namek saga wrapped up.

Incredibly
inconsistent character writing. This incarnation of Goku makes no sense, Toriyama said he didn't like how the anime portrayed him as being a ritcheosus warrior when all he does is like to fight, but I'm like........did this dude even read his own manga?! :what:.Goku was never, ever this stupid and whimsical. Even as a kid.

Super can't even establish a tone for any arc outside of the Future Trunks arc.

If I'm being honest, even Shippuden is better written than post King Piccolo Dragon Ball.

Toriyama was just lucky enough to create the Shonen genre and a skilled enough artist to create some super dope designs. We're too endeared to these trash characters and he and Toei knows it :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't see somenoe interrupting the tournament when Zeno is there. If Zeno is the absolute god of the entire universes then how can something go pass him? It'd be dumb.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
you can't bring it all down to powerups

toriyama is a shyt writer even at his best. dude just happened to make something that was incredible

i can't even hate. he gotta ride this bytch til the wheels fall off
The manga is better than this shyt. Don't blame him for the power ups not making sense.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The manga is better than this shyt. Don't blame him for the power ups not making sense.
the manga is only a couple notches better, its still powerups on powerups and if it wasn't called dragonball everyone would be clowning this shyt around the clock for being dumber than the worst parts of naruto

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the manga is only a couple notches better, its still powerups on powerups and if it wasn't called dragonball everyone would be clowning this shyt around the clock for being dumber than the worst parts of naruto
Dragon ball is about powering up and that's established. If it was anything else it would be dumb.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dragon ball z is meant to be simple with a couple "deep themes" if you want something more serious or thought provoking then you watching the wrong thing and have been for decades. The DBZ universe has always felt like it was kind of of winged and that's part of its charm imo.

toriyama just dropped a great idea, concept and has an art style that is loved by many. His story writing is just ok, not terrible not amazing but over all his product is great. Honestly Dragonball has always been a relief from other animes, it stands out as something different and I think that's why it translates worldwide.

It's anime but its not your typical or generic anime.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Dragon ball is about powering up and that's established. If it was anything else it would be dumb.
You can have powerups and have fights be about more than just powerups.

Toriyama is just lazy.

You could argue that through the Cell saga, Dragon Ball was decently written. Toriyama himself admitted to making shyt up week to week after that.

I don't even like One Piece but Oda's run with the manga is already longer than Toriyama's and he still hasnt thrown in the towel and make everything about power levels like Dragonball, Naruto etc. And One Piece is like 10x more popular than Dragon Ball in Japan so he has all the reason to say fukk it and count his money.

Imagine if there were some actual thoughts put into some of these DB characters :wow:

Yall aint trying to hear that tho

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can but no need to start going way left field when you know what the majority of the fans want. I do think they are going a bit OD with it in the current arc, but fans complained about how everything to to long, and now everything happens to quick imo.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
You can but no need to start going way left field when you know what the majority of the fans want. I do think they are going a bit OD with it in the current arc, but fans complained about how everything to to long, and now everything happens to quick imo.
They ain't even trying tbh

Some of these fan videos and theories are better than Super.

Example, the reason why the U6 saiyans are so strong? The show could have simply said that they were more evolved than U7 or they had a super saiyan gene or some shyt.

Nah, its the tingly feeling at the back of your neck :skip:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They ain't even trying tbh

Some of these fan videos and theories are better than Super.

Example, the reason why the U6 saiyans are so strong? The show could have simply said that they were more evolved than U7 or they had a super saiyan gene or some shyt.

Nah, its the tingly feeling at the back of your neck :skip:
I agree, but I feel like this is also part of the problem with the speed up pacing. all that U6 Sayian stuff should be much longer, but they pretty much get any type of explanation and powering up down in a max of 2 eps now. I find that more annoying that when it use to be flushed out and dragged on for 4 or 5

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Toriyama is just lazy.

You could argue that through the Cell saga, Dragon Ball was decently written. Toriyama himself admitted to making shyt up week to week after that.

I don't even like One Piece but Oda's run with the manga is already longer than Toriyama's and he still hasnt thrown in the towel and make everything about power levels like Dragonball, Naruto etc. And One Piece is like 10x more popular than Dragon Ball in Japan so he has all the reason to say fukk it and count his money.

Imagine if there were some actual thoughts put into some of these DB characters :wow:

Yall aint trying to hear that tho
shyt would be fukkin glorious. I was hoping the manga was something like that

Edit:meant manga

Last edited: