Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
New interview with the DBS team with some interesting news - News | Interview with Kimitoshi Chioka & Hiroyuki Sakurada From Salón del Manga

Cliffnotes -
  • The Universe Survival Arc (ie. the current arc) is scheduled to run until March, they're not sure what'll happen after that but Toriyama does have some future story ideas.
  • They're not sure when or how Dragon Ball Super will end; Toriyama hasn't decided yet.
  • They're not sure if Super will link up with the end of DBZ or not, as again Toriyama hasn't decided how it'll end.
  • They can't officially confirm or deny rumors about a Dragon Ball movie in 2018, but there should be an announcement about upcoming Dragon Ball projects around the end of the year
  • They were asked about the relationship between the anime and the manga. Basically Toriyama designs the characters and gives a rough outline of the story, and then Toei (for the anime) and Toyotaro (for the manga) do their thing with it
  • They don't feel the current arc is necessarily more "adult" than the previous one. It's just more DBZ-ish whereas earlier arcs were more Dragonball-ish.
  • They got asked a couple specific story questions (whether Gohan would get more shine, if Cell could come back, if Goten/Trunks will get to do something, etc.) but they basically said they're just following orders from Toriyama.

Last edited:

Battle Beast

Over 9000!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jerz
Ay I got a question for all my real DB heads: If they split team 7 in half and made them fight who would take it?

Team A

Goku
Frieza
Krillin
Tien

Team B

Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Roshi

Who coming out on top :jbhmm:
Surprisingly Gohan is the key, Piccolo and Roshi would beat the brakes off Tien and Krillin they just have too much experience and power for them. Gohan beats 18. Goku beats Vegeta, and Frieza beats 17.

Team B wins 3-2. Plus Team B will have better tactics and teamwork aside from 17/Vegeta.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
We say GOAThan around here:ufdup:
620dd281cb0831c44788b4ec24e47fe4558a65af_hq.gif

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ay I got a question for all my real DB heads: If they split team 7 in half and made them fight who would take it?

Team A

Goku
Frieza
Krillin
Tien

Team B

Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Roshi

:patrice:

Goku > Vegeta
Frieza > Gohan
Krillin > Roshi
17 > 18
Piccolo > Tien

So that leaves Goku, Frieza, and Krillin vs. 17 and Piccolo. As much as I like Piccolo and 17, they gotta hold an L here. :francis:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Team A

Goku
Frieza
Krillin
Tien

Team B

Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Roshi

how is this a fair fight? the only person on Team B that can fukk with freiza is vegeta. maybe 17... but we know neither is beating goku.

speaking of 17...

why is 17 behind gohan and piccolo on the team b list? :wtf: like gohan and piccolo aren't currently locked in a life-or-death stalemate with two nondescript, z-list namekians. :camby:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Surprisingly Gohan is the key, Piccolo and Roshi would beat the brakes off Tien and Krillin they just have too much experience and power for them. Gohan beats 18. Goku beats Vegeta, and Frieza beats 17.

Team B wins 3-2. Plus Team B will have better tactics and teamwork aside from 17/Vegeta.

tactics :mjlol: frieza alone, would wash team b

:patrice:

Goku > Vegeta
Frieza > Gohan
Krillin > Roshi
17 > 18
Piccolo > Tien

So that leaves Goku, Frieza, and Krillin vs. 17 and Piccolo. As much as I like Piccolo and 17, they gotta hold an L here. :francis:

how is this a fair fight? the only person on Team B that can fukk with freiza is vegeta. maybe 17... but we know neither is beating goku.

speaking of 17...

why is 17 behind gohan and piccolo on the team b list? :wtf: like gohan and piccolo aren't currently locked in a life-or-death stalemate with two nondescript, z-list namekians. :camby:

Yall forgetting that Mystic Gohan at full power went blow for blow with SSB Goku a few episodes :dahell: and he took a few punches from Frieza even tho he was holding back? Gohan aint stronger than the big three but he is able to damage them nikkas, so is 17

Its not as one sided as yall think I legit think Team A only has a slight advantage, also in what world is Krillin > Roshi yall buggin