Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
IMO the problem isn't that Jiren is overpowered, but that they made Beerus look to weak in Battle of the Gods. Had the creators known at the beginning how the entire series would play out they would probably have done that saga very differently.
Maybe that's been the entire plan the whole time?

To show the gods that there are mortals who can compete with their power level because they out here thinking they untouchable.

Whis even said that over time Beerus was getting way too relaxed up until he fought Goku.

Goku let them know that someone has the ability to surpass them and Jiren just confirmed it.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: Say what now?

Jiren was having a tougher time with Goku. But it was pretty obvious he still hadn't gone all out yet. Or anywhere close to it. It's Dragon Ball; until a new opponent tells you he's going all out, he's not going all out.

That's also the significance of Goku improving with every attack; his new form needs to be able to go even higher to account for Jiren's eventual power up.
Niether of them were going all out. The point was that Goku was winning the skirmish.

Edit: All I'm saying is Belmond of all people should know what Jiren is capable of and even HE was shook looking at Goku against Jiren.

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Niether of them were going all out. The point was that Goku was winning the skirmish.

Edit: All I'm saying is Belmond of all people should know what Jiren is capable of and even HE was shook looking at Goku against Jiren.

I don't even know if he knows his true power seemed like it during the genkidama cuz jiren wasn't worried but he was and when toppo fought goku it made it seem like he didn't even know jiren until toppo said his sworn friend can do it
I also think he was surprised at how fast he closed gap in strength with jiren
I do agree with neither going all out more so jiren than goku where he needs to learn how to use it to where jiren is gauging his strength to goku

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:gucci:

Nah.

One of them lost their power-up mid-fight because they ran out of energy. Whis and Jiren both noted the heat Goku was generating showed he was at his limit. That's called going all out. It's not only reflected in actual power levels. Goku is currently working much harder to keep pace with Jiren, and he hasn't proven he can do it. Yet.

Meanwhile Jiren still catching shots with one hand at the end of the episode. And teasing an aura power-up at the same time.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:gucci:

Nah.

One of them lost their power-up mid-fight because they ran out of energy. Whis and Jiren both noted the heat Goku was generating showed he was at his limit. That's called going all out. It's not only reflected in actual power levels. Goku is currently working much harder to keep pace with Jiren, and he hasn't proven he can do it. Yet.

Meanwhile Jiren still catching shots with one hand at the end of the episode. And teasing an aura power-up at the same time.

If jiren doesn't have that ultra instinct like goku cuz people are trying to figure that out still his raw power is just fukking insane
He was meditating in that red glow before the tournament started also
He seem to know also what goku ki is too like whis and grand priest telling me he knows way more to lead on
If I'm wrong bout Belmond part not knowing him then he must of train him personally and didn't want him involved in it unless necessary

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
He's right tho.

The episode was dope but Dragonball biggest issue has always been making the characters TOO powerful TOO fast

All the issues with Super power levels are sins of the past.

I personally believe that nikkas learning how to fly + Super Saiyan put Dball in a hole it's never been able to escape now we're stuck here where you don't know how powerful nikkas are at all its just random level ups.

If you look at the children of Dragon ball (ex One Piece) one valuable lesson they've learned is to reign in the power increases. Otherwise you're trying to beat your own ridiculous ass power feats

REALLY think about how powerful these Dragon ball nikkas are in comparison to other anime. Universes of planet busting nikkas fighting each other. shyt is unprecedented as far as I know and that's not necessarily a good thing
One thing I like about One Piece, especially the first half, is it's not so reliant on power ups, just guys figuring out different strategies and plans. Like how Luffy was able to fukk Eneru up because he just so happened to have the one Devil fruit that made him immune to his powers lmao. The biggest jump was Luffy learning second & third gear, and even then it was just him burning his body up and taking advantage of Devil Fruit powers rather than getting stronger. Like I'd imagine everybody on the crew but Zoro remained at just about the same level throughout the entire pre-skip series.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frieza will kill them:mjlol:and it doesn't look like Kale will be back in action at the rate it's taking her to recover:patrice:
Why else you think we trying see frieza take them on
:demonic:
Wonder when they gonna introduce them namekians and the other universe 4 people. Tournament could legit take 2 or 3 more months :feedme:
Yea I def don't see this arc ending before New year's, tourney clock is only at the halfway mark. You know just them last 5 minutes will take an eternity

Daps
Cool episode, but I don't care what people say, Animation was weak. No weight to the punches, terrible angles. that lazy ass, I beat you head hold.:hhh:
I just saw a clip for the English dub and I agree. I thought they fix it once we got out voice actors on it but it still looks awful