Essential Dragonball Super? New series set after Majin Buu saga

Daps
I'm gonna give the BOG and the ROF arc a pass, simply because they've been done already. I won't take anything seriously until we get new material.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
I'm gonna give the BOG and the ROF arc a pass, simply because they've been done already. I won't take anything seriously until we get new material.
I wouldnt mind watching the ROF arc because we get to see what happens in between those 2 arcs, a lot of shyt just popped up in the movie that we were supposed to accept as "something that happened off screen".. like the possibility of them showing exactly HOW freiza got so strong, nikkas cant just give me that 4 months of training shyt and expect me to think that makes sense:camby:, what kind of training? Also we might get more detail of what Trunks and Goten were doing that whole time, and the moment Vegeta became SSJG, and when him and Goku first got the blue hair, and how they ended up getting with Whis again while Beerus was sleep

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Dragon Ball is all punches and kicks, no more techniques. At least use solar flare or the multiple attack. Also how much stronger can you get? Everyone pretty much can destroy a planet, so how is goku beam gonna hit the earth and do nothing. But when they were much weaker it would have destroyed the earth?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dragon Ball is all punches and kicks, no more techniques. At least use solar flare or the multiple attack. Also how much stronger can you get? Everyone pretty much can destroy a planet, so how is goku beam gonna hit the earth and do nothing. But when they were much weaker it would have destroyed the earth?
they can compress and control the power in their attacks

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've spoken of this already, the power levels never made sense since day 1. Just enjoy the show for what it is.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
still wish goku had to achieve God level by doing something on his own. you know by digging deep and relying on the strength within...like with super saiyan. he had to work for it and earn it.

But it feels like the God power up was just a hand out.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I wouldnt mind watching the ROF arc because we get to see what happens in between those 2 arcs, a lot of shyt just popped up in the movie that we were supposed to accept as "something that happened off screen".. like the possibility of them showing exactly HOW freiza got so strong, nikkas cant just give me that 4 months of training shyt and expect me to think that makes sense:camby:, what kind of training? Also we might get more detail of what Trunks and Goten were doing that whole time, and the moment Vegeta became SSJG, and when him and Goku first got the blue hair, and how they ended up getting with Whis again while Beerus was sleep

Frieza was born super strong, its only natural he'd get better results from training.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
still wish goku had to achieve God level by doing something on his own. you know by digging deep and relying on the strength within...like with super saiyan. he had to work for it and earn it.

But it feels like the God power up was just a hand out.

In the movie Goku actually mentioned that he hated the fact that it wasn't really his own power.

But still, it wouldn't make sense that you could become a god just from training hard or getting pissed off.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Frieza was born super strong, its only natural he'd get better results from training.
not necessarily. that's like saying someone born super rich would know how to acquire wealth if you left him to his own devices and stripped him of his family fortune.

freeza doesn't know anything about hard work and suffering. he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. he was just stronger than everyone else and was able to take anything he wanted. and unfortunately for us he wanted to rule the universe.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
In the movie Goku actually mentioned that he hated the fact that it wasn't really his own power.

But still, it wouldn't make sense that you could become a god just from training hard or getting pissed off.

why not?

what kind of message that does that send when you put a ceiling on goku's power? what... nothing comes after ss3? that's it? goku is as strong as he's ever gonna get? really?

the whole point of the saiyan warrior race - as i interpret it - is that there are no limits and there are no barriers. every time they thought they reached the apex they broke through and ascended to an even higher level. in my opinion that journey to become greater never ends.

goku is the greatest saiyan warrior of all time. if he truly were confronted by someone with the power of a god, someone on an even higher level than he is... i'd like to think that if left to his own devices he could discover a way to acquire that power himself.

but by doing it this way they have essentially lumped super saiyan god with the fusion technique. it doesn't feel so much like the "next level" as it does just a random power boost. he didn't do anything to earn it.