Dragon Quest XII Flames of Fate announced! [Worldwide Simultaneous Release, No platforms announced]

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This prob won’t be out until 2024 at best. They just finished the script and prototyping the battle system

If it takes another 3 years for SMT5 you might as well consider it vaporware

I'm fiending for this game. Hopefully nothing later than next year.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Don't know how I feel about this. I like the fact Dragon Quest stuck to it's guns and stayed traditional. Square has Final Fantasy to try new shyt.

I'm still gonna fukk with it though, y'all know I'm a sucker for JRPG's. :yeshrug:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dragon Quest XII Is Powered by Unreal Engine 5, Story Is Already Complete
As part of the celebratory livestream for the 35th anniversary of the franchise, Square Enix officially unveiled Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate. The game, due for a simultaneous global release for the first time in the series, will be powered by the brand new Unreal Engine 5, according to this official tweet, and some other information appeared on a recruitment post penned by series creator Yuji Horii and game director Takeshi Uchikawa.

Horii revealed that the command battle system would be overhauled, and a prototype system that the developers believe to be fun is already in place. The story is also already done, though Horii does say Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate will nonetheless take time to complete as it's going to be a big game.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
:blessed:

I know they are saying this is DQ for adults but I hope the characters are closer to the original games in design, the classic costumes looked amazing in 11.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate, which was officially announced in May, will shape the next 10 to 20 years of the Dragon Quest series, Square Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda said in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

"Dragon Quest XII is being developed taking into account the next 10 to 20 years of the Dragon Quest series," Matsuda said.

He added, "There are parts that remain consistent with the traditional image of Dragon Quest, but new elements are also necessary. After all, as a brand we always need to innovate."