Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Starting the Android saga.

Enjoying this so far. Combat is basic though, as per usual with Cyber Connect 2 games.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Copped bout 2 weeks ago on the xbox when it was on sale. Could have bought on Ebay for like $15 (disc version) but I got the digital version which came with the season pass for like $23.

Beat the main story and started the 1st dlc. Game is ok but is very repetitive :francis:. Xenoverse 2>>>>

Daps
I can’t say I’m a fan of it.
-Story
I was already turned off because it was another Z story, but CC2 Is awesome so I stuck around, I wasn’t really impressed. I think the thing I was most excited for were the “stories not seen in the original manga” but there weren’t any major revelations beyond why we don’t see talking animal-people anymore, and a good bit of the game was played as Gohan. We could have had both of goku’s stories in other world or Yardrat or a side story between the BoG and RoF DLCs, both really really bad, by the way.

-Gameplay
I kind of enjoyed the fighting, a version of it with a better GUI is what I would want XV3 to be. As far as mechanics go, I wish they did actual combo ultimates instead of that combined energy beam. I think the open world was bland though, so many mini games we could have had or interesting quests that fleshed out character interactions. DB is a big franchise. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for if every quest felt like a mini episode.

-Graphics
Quite possibly the worst offense given that CC2 is known for their visuals. Both the models and graphics are very subpar. Most of the characters have short arms, their wrists can look weirdly deformed sometimes, their faces look off (Vegeta), and a lot of the body analogies are off. what I think happened is that CC2 wanted to make single models that were flexible enough to portray different shots from the anime, instead of doing every frame of animation like FighterZ , and as a result the characters come out looking freaky.I think it's a problem because it effects some of the cutscenes too IMO.

The models aren't as good as CC2's previous work either.

I think the world should have looked like this. something else that bugged me vas the texturing and rendering. The characters and world looked like clay.

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps