Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I was hoping this joker would show why. It looks rushed to me. I need to hear from.sone who owns it.

I'll definitely go into detail later like I'm sure others will, but as a big DBZ fan, I personally can't reccomend this at full price. There are a lot of pros but the cons are too glaring to look past. The combat is a step back from Xenoverse imo. The dialouge is too repetitive, with characters literally repeating the same line every 30 seconds while free roaming. The open world feels lifeless and unneccessary. A lot of the mechanics also feel dated. I don't feel robbed by any extent and the game definitely scratches the DBZ itch, but there's a lot wrong with this one.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
pretty sure most of the gaming population has been playing Madden, 2K, and Call of Duty for the last couple of decades.
And those games have been heavily criticized for being reskins of the previous game, for years. Not to mention none of those games depict the same exact story using the same exact characters doing the exact same things.

A better example would have been the ninja storm series:francis: but DBZ arent confident enough in their IP to make such a slight move.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished the Saiyan Saga. I'm enjoying the game so far. :ehh:

My main criticism is still the same though - it's just too easy. And of course an original story would've been nice, but I knew going in it would just cover DBZ.

Only other thing is that I feel like King Kai's training was a missed opportunity for a minigame. I was hoping I'd get to chase Bubbles & Gregory around. :martin:

Also kinda tired of fighting those same 2 or 3 Red Ribbon Army robots. They could at least have different robots sometimes.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
The day that DBZ license lands into a western developer to reinvigorate the IP with fresh ideas and won't cut corners. Just keep expecting AAA promotional advertisement with BBB quality work.

I'm beyond frustrated at the same results from the same no name Japanese studio that only incrementally improve as if this is a sport game franchise.
The last time an western company worked on a anime title was Naruto (which from retrospective were good games, plus was done by Ubisoft) and that was back in the last 2000s. Sadly since then, Bandai Namco really tighten their strangle hold on any thing anime related with the exception of Koei Tecmo.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
its a console version of legacy of gok uand buu fury:yeshrug::yeshrug::yeshrug: i love it:yeshrug: enjoying it so far:ehh::ehh::ehh:
wayyyyyyy to easy:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: reminds me of outer worlds:mjlol:

I'm at Namek and the only time I've died so far was when I ran into some hidden boss that was at like level 30 when I was at level 9. :mjlol:

Other than that, yeah. I'm a fairly casual gamer these days but so far anything in story mode has been stupid easy.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
on the buu saga, and finished the Majin Vegeta vs Majin Buu fight

yup, it's pretty much an updated version og LOG1&2, and Buus fury. Just what i wanted.

like the game overall, there are some issues, but it doesnt get in the way of my enjoyment of the game.

Definitely glad i bought it :ehh:

Daps
on the buu saga, and finished the Majin Vegeta vs Majin Buu fight

yup, it's pretty much an updated version og LOG1&2, and Buus fury. Just what i wanted.

like the game overall, there are some issues, but it doesnt get in the way of my enjoyment of the game.

Definitely glad i bought it :ehh:

heard it’s really easy tho

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
heard it’s really easy tho
Yeah but it’s enjoyable tbh. The ability for bosses to spam super armor is annoying tho. Combat has some depth, u can dash cancel and cancel into super moves from melee attacks. Definitely some variety to how u wanna play.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Buu saga seems rushed. Like it’s the shortest of the 4 sagas.

the Vegito segment was so dope :wow:

They don’t let u explore inside buu which is a letdown

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Only other thing is that I feel like King Kai's training was a missed opportunity for a minigame. I was hoping I'd get to chase Bubbles & Gregory around. :martin:

want to chase monkey tail brehs
full