Philadelphia
vegeta.png

Translated​

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Bottom left says story mode deals with "Super Androids?

Super 17 is more likely now. Maybe thats why normal 17 is just a assist?

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dragon-Ball-Fighter-Z-Scan_08-17-17.jpg

"The latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals that both Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Vegata are playable in Dragon Ball FighterZ, and the latest issue of V-Jump reveals that both Android 16 and Android 18 are also playable.

Super Saiyan Blue Goku can use “10x God Kamehameha.” Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta can use “Final Flash Attack.” Android 16 can use “Hell’s Flash” at its maximum output. Android 18 can use “Accel Dance,” which is a combination attack that summons Android 17. It is unknown if this is the only capacity in which Android 17 will appear.

Previously announced playable characters include Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, Trunks, Krillin, and Piccolo.

Weekly Jump also reveals that the game will have a story mode involving a revived Android 16 where “super warriors fall one by one.” It is described as “a new story for Goku and friends depicted in high-end animation.”

And V-Jump also reveals online party matches, which are three-versus-three online matches with different players controlling each character. Of course, characters will switch in real time."

I know the Super heads are happy now

Read more at Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18, story mode - Gematsu
3 vs 3 where each player controls a character?:gladbron:

Is the arcadium ready for a possible sypress and @OmegaZero team up? :picard:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Super 17? :mjlol:

What's entirely more likely is that 17 is a character with 18 as a matching assist. No way they're going to waste assets like that

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The could honestly just make an android 17 costume for 18 and just swap the character assist out, Keep the same move set.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The could honestly just make an android 17 costume for 18 and just swap the character assist out, Keep the same move set.

Before super they could. After super they can't. 17 has grown into his own character. Either he's simply unplayable or he's gonna be dlc. But they not gonna make him a costume swap.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Before super they could. After super they can't. 17 has grown into his own character. Either he's simply unplayable or he's gonna be dlc. But they not gonna make him a costume swap.
I don't see how it could hurt. Wouldn't take much effort at all, and if they are OK with having two different versions of goku and vegeta, I don't see why they couldn't still release super 17 as dlc and still have the old 17 be a alternate costumes. It's not like they would be using another character slot.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I don't see how it could hurt. Wouldn't take much effort at all, and if they are OK with having two different versions of goku and vegeta, I don't see why they couldn't still release super 17 as dlc and still have the old 17 be a alternate costumes. It's not like they would be using another character slot.

It's not about wasting a slot. It's about disrespecting the fans of android 17. By making him a costume swap your saying he's nothing more then a clone of 18.

Which again you COULD of done that pre super. But after 17's showing in the current arc it's clear 17 is his own character independent from 18.

The outrage already about 17 simply being a assist for 18 already has the fans mad. But they not realizing this game started dev late 2015. Arcsys had no idea about the current tournament arc.

SSB Goku and Vegeta have enough differences to create separate characters. It's the same as Ryu/Evil Ryu.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
It's not about wasting a slot. It's about disrespecting the fans of android 17. By making him a costume swap your saying he's nothing more then a clone of 18.

Which again you COULD of done that pre super. But after 17's showing in the current arc it's clear 17 is his own character independent from 18.

The outrage already about 17 simply being a assist for 18 already has the fans mad. But they not realizing this game started dev late 2015. Arcsys had no idea about the current tournament arc.

SSB Goku and Vegeta have enough differences to create separate characters. It's the same as Ryu/Evil Ryu.
Yeah the fact that this was in development before the tournament arc and making him an assist pretty much confirms 17 not being in the initial roster. I could be wrong but I don't see a point in wasting a char slot with DBZ 17. I'm gonna bet on his Super version being as DLC though.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
nobody cared about 17 until 2 weeks ago the games roster was decided months ago. i aint gonna fault them for not putting him in. Plus they using the future trunks timeline androids and they fought together most of the time so the way it's implemented makes sense.