Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
TBH multiple forms of Goku are highly requested characters. You may not personally want them but alot of people that like to see the multiple forms of Goku seen. I forgot the interview but Saiyan saga Goku and Vegeta were highly requested in Japan. Kid Goku has always been highly requested as well as SS4 but they fukked up trying to please both with GT Goku being a mix of GT and DB. Of course MUI Goku was always going to be highly requested being the new form and all. Its easy to say they ain't listening to what people want when you focus on enthusiast forums but in general the multiple forms of Gokus are among the most picked characters.
That's a problem that could have easily been solved with character skins.

SSJ blue could have been alt skins for goku and vegeta, same with the base form versions of those characters.

Vegito and gogeta could have been one character with alternate skins.

Old broly and new broly really didn't need to be separate characters.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
TBH multiple forms of Goku are highly requested characters. I don't know how often you played/bought DB games before but there always multiple variations of Goku it wasn't going to change because they making a serious fighting game. Same with the Naruto games, there are always multiple versions of Naruto. You may not personally want them but alot of people that like to see the multiple forms of Goku seen. I forgot the interview but Saiyan saga Goku and Vegeta were highly requested in Japan. Kid Goku has always been highly requested as well as SS4 but they fukked up trying to please both with GT Goku being a mix of GT and DB. Of course MUI Goku was always going to be highly requested being the new form and all. Its easy to say they ain't listening to what people want when you focus on enthusiast forums but in general the multiple forms of Gokus are among the most picked characters.
who cares they can do like smart fighting games and press Y so u can change to diff variations of one chracter

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
That's a problem that could have easily been solved with character skins.

SSJ blue could have been alt skins for goku and vegeta, same with the base form versions of those characters.

Vegito and gogeta could have been one character with alternate skins.

Old broly and new broly really didn't need to be separate characters.
Vegito and Gogeta while both made up of Goku/Vegeta do have different techniques that people would like to see represented and having them as skins would not satisfy alot of the fanbase. To y'all it don't matter but to a large amount of the fanbase it does. The same goes for the Brolys' like to you seeing them as an alternate costume might satisfy you but not the whole fanbase especially coming off the hype of the movie and wanting to see it represented in the game. Take it like this lets say you have Megaman and then Megaman X like yea they both are Megaman and function the same for the most part (get powers by defeating enemies.) People aren't gonna be happy with Megaman having a Megaman X skin or vice versa they will want to see them both represented correctly and the same applies here.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand where y'all coming from and your frustration with the shyt but at the same time I can understand why things are done the way they are done here as well. With an IP like this you can't really compare it to many of the other fighting games that are out because its a bit of a different situation cause you gotta take in DBZ fans that may not be fighting game fans. To them its a big deal to see SSJ Goku use the spirit bomb cause it wouldn't be true to the character. At that point you already giving them different moves might as well give them their own character slots.

At the end of the day the shyt don't matter cause people buy them so :yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Vegito and Gogeta while both made up of Goku/Vegeta do have different techniques that people would like to see represented and having them as skins would not satisfy alot of the fanbase. To y'all it don't matter but to a large amount of the fanbase it does. The same goes for the Brolys' like to you seeing them as an alternate costume might satisfy you but not the whole fanbase especially coming off the hype of the movie and wanting to see it represented in the game. Take it like this lets say you have Megaman and then Megaman X like yea they both are Megaman and function the same for the most part (get powers by defeating enemies.) People aren't gonna be happy with Megaman having a Megaman X skin or vice versa they will want to see them both represented correctly and the same applies here.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand where y'all coming from and your frustration with the shyt but at the same time I can understand why things are done the way they are done here as well. With an IP like this you can't really compare it to many of the other fighting games that are out because its a bit of a different situation cause you gotta take in DBZ fans that may not be fighting game fans. To them its a big deal to see SSJ Goku use the spirit bomb cause it wouldn't be true to the character. At that point you already giving them different moves might as well give them their own character slots.

At the end of the day the shyt don't matter cause people buy them so :yeshrug:
Breh, I hear more complaints about the amount of vegetas and gokus in the game than excitement when a new one is introduced.

You talk about what hardcore fans want for the game, but hardcore fans literally crack jokes about how many different versions of the same character is in the game while highly requested characters like roshi get pushed back season after season.

As for your megaman example, which do you think the fans would have rather had in MvCi, megaman alongside x? Or a megaman alternate skin for X, then use the extra spot for a highly requested character like wolverine.

Last edited:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I hear more complaints about the amount of vegetas and gokus in the game than excitement when a new one is introduced.

You talk about what hardcore fans want for the game, but hardcore fans literally crack jokes about how many different versions of the same character is in the game while highly requested characters like roshi get pushed back season after season.

As for you megaman example, which do you think the fans would have rather had in MvCi, megaman alongside x? Or a megaman alternate skin for X, then use the extra spot for a highly requested character like wolverine.
MvCI fans would of taken what they got cause they didn't really get shyt lol. But seriously though, I get where you coming from but the point of my megaman comparison was that making Vegito/Gogeta and the Brolys alternate skins of one another really wouldn't work as well cause it doesn't truly represent their respective characters like using Megaman but having him use Megaman X attacks cause they are different characters and it wouldn't be received well if Gogeta was doing shyt like the spirit sword or fighting like Vegito same with the Brolys. Don't forget that Gogeta/Broly were coming off the hype of the movie so it would make sense to see the movie represented in game. Don't get it twisted those two were HIGHLY requested characters. The amount of hype I saw for those characters especially with the Dramatic Finish far surpassed any negative reaction to them. I wouldn't put them in the same situation as Goku/Vegeta.

As for the straight variations of Goku/Vegeta shyt you right it could of been handled alot better. But I'll be honest though I'm a bit biased because while I don't really care for the amount of Gokus there I really did enjoy what I saw of MUI Goku today and shyt. So ain't really much I can say on that shyt.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Megaman but having him use Megaman X attacks cause they are different characters and it wouldn't be received well if Gogeta was doing shyt like the spirit sword or fighting like Vegito same with the Brolys. Don't forget that Gogeta/Broly were coming off the hype of the movie so it would make sense to see the movie represented in game. Don't get it twisted those two were HIGHLY requested characters.
I just dont like the mega man comparison because megaman and X are pretty damn similar characters down to their look. X has a dash attack and megaman slides, other than that they aren't that much different. Gogeta and vegito have alot more differences than megaman and x so I'm not opposed to them being separate characters, but if that means someone like master roshi gets left out then I'd rather just have the alt skin.

Goku and vegeta are the real problem, ultra should have obviously been a separate character, but ssj blue and base forms could have both been alt skins in favor of some more new characters from the other universes. To be honest, I'd rather have fukking dende as a character than base goku/vegeta lol.

Broly while cool, plays very similar to the other broly and I feel would have been just as hype as an alt skin, there's no reason they cant design a new intro and dramatic finish to go along with skins.

Hell, I personally want a great saiya man skin for adult gohan. Or a ssj4 skin for one of the goku/vegeta characters.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I enjoy looking at this game but man getting served online like a common hoe

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel the alternative skins argument in here but I honestly I'm cool with how they did it because all the Gokus and Vegetas play a lot differently. Especially the Vegatas. You can think of them as the shotos of the game. Similar moves but definitely different playstyles.

Now that I think about it they should have given base Vegeta a lvl 3 where he transformed into the great ape. That would have been dope af.