Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Did you even watch the video I posted bruh...
Yes I have, I've also watched those types of videos on other types of games and the work that goes into texture and lighting. Unless your telling me that arc systems uses the most complicated lighting and shading techniques ever, then it's a lazy excuse. If money and resources aren't the problem(which it would be in guilty gear) then this just sounds like laziness.

"We don't feel like designing new characters so here are some reused character models with slightly different movesets"
:hhh:
There obviously gonna have different movesets and character interactions for these 2. It won’t just be copy and paste. Look at the differences between Goku/SSGSS Goku and Vegeta/SSJSS Vegeta.

And the Japanese fan base REALLY wanted em in apparently :yeshrug:

I know what they are and I still think it's dumb as fukk, we don't need another goku even if he has a different move set.

Japanese people love questionable decisions and weird design flaws, I'm sure they'd love a game with 24 different variations of goku and vegeta. Why are you defending it?
:gucci:

Don't tell me your one of those that want yet another goku in the game.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
copping in a couple days :rejoice:

btw yall cant complain about the two main characters having several models. That shyt literally happens in every anime related game ever

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
copping in a couple days :rejoice:

btw yall cant complain about the two main characters having several models. That shyt literally happens in every anime related game ever
It wouldn't be a problem for me if this game had 100+ characters like every other anime related game, but the reality is we are getting 32, and I don't like 6 of those characters being the same two people.

If a Naruto fighting game came out with only 32 characters, I wouldn't want 3 versions of Naruto and sasuke if it means someone like Madera can't make the game due to space and balance issues.

Having different variations is fine when you have every character from the show ever in the game.

Last edited:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It wouldn't be a problem for me if this game had 100+ characters like every other anime related game, but the reality is we are getting 32, and I don't like 6 of those characters being the same two people.
I feel where you coming from but have they already established a hard cap of 32? Like im sure there's X amount of slots on the main screen, but they could expand it :ld: From what I hear Xenoverse isnt coming out till 2019 at the earliest, and they got dozens of worthwhile characters coming out with Super and the Movie coming out later. I doubt they plan on stuffing that into just 32 with no games coming out for a year plus and the series ending. They gotta pump this bytch out NOW

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I feel where you coming from but have they already established a hard cap of 32? Like im sure there's X amount of slots on the main screen, but they could expand it :ld: From what I hear Xenoverse isnt coming out till 2019 at the earliest, and they got dozens of worthwhile characters coming out with Super and the Movie coming out later. I doubt they plan on stuffing that into just 32 with no games coming out for a year plus and the series ending. They gotta pump this bytch out NOW
It's 24 characters in the game now, 8 characters are being added with dlc, 2 of those characters are another version of goku and vegeta(keep in mind we already have 3 gokus and 2 vegetas in the game currently), and yes, 32 is the hard cap.

You can see why I don't like this idea when I can think of plenty of characters that could have made it instead of base form goku and vegeta.

Last edited:

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's 24 characters in the game now, 8 characters are being added with dlc, 2 of those characters are another version of goku and vegeta, and yes, 32 is the hard cap.

You can see why I don't like this idea when I can think of plenty of characters that could have made it instead of base form goku and vegeta.
This isn't even confirmed.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It's 24 characters in the game now, 8 characters are being added with dlc, 2 of those characters are another version of goku and vegeta(keep in mind we already have 3 gokus and 2 vegetas in the game currently), and yes, 32 is the hard cap.

under the assumption they do plan on adding 2 more Gokugetas, then yeah thats a problem. IDK, DB been running off of smaller rosters in order to make their sequels more valuable for a good minute now. Did it with Burst Limit, Raging Blast, and Xenoverse. I wouldnt be shocked at all if this did just end with 32 and FighterZ 2 ends up having like 50. I feel its a bad model because Im thirsty, but with them having no new characters for the forseeable future (after 2018), I see why they did it :manny: You got a right to be upset at that

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yes I have, I've also watched those types of videos on other types of games and the work that goes into texture and lighting. Unless your telling me that arc systems uses the most complicated lighting and shading techniques ever, then it's a lazy excuse. If money and resources aren't the problem(which it would be in guilty gear) then this just sounds like laziness.

"We don't feel like designing new characters so here are some reused character models with slightly different movesets"

I know what they are and I still think it's dumb as fukk, we don't need another goku even if he has a different move set.

Japanese people love questionable decisions and weird design flaws, I'm sure they'd love a game with 24 different variations of goku and vegeta. Why are you defending it?

call the devs lazy and have no idea what the fukk you're talking about because you're too lazy to check yourself :mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
call the devs lazy and have no idea what the fukk you're talking about because you're too lazy to check yourself :mjlol:

Your excuse for not just adding base goku and vegeta as alternate costumes is because the shading techniques used is too difficult so they HAVE to be separate characters, yet some random dude modded the game to do just that. How is that not a bullshyt excuse??
:dwillhuh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Your excuse for not just adding base goku and vegeta as alternate costumes is because the shading techniques used is too difficult so they HAVE to be separate characters, yet some random dude modded the game to do just that. How is that not a bullshyt excuse??
:dwillhuh:
nah breh you tell me how this is just like capcom and netherrealm :mjgrin: i need some laughs while i'm waiting on this pizza
under the assumption they do plan on adding 2 more Gokugetas, then yeah thats a problem. IDK, DB been running off of smaller rosters in order to make their sequels more valuable for a good minute now. Did it with Burst Limit, Raging Blast, and Xenoverse. I wouldnt be shocked at all if this did just end with 32 and FighterZ 2 ends up having like 50. I feel its a bad model because Im thirsty, but with them having no new characters for the forseeable future (after 2018), I see why they did it :manny: You got a right to be upset at that
quality over quantity

xenoverse, budokai, and raging blast were trash as fukk :wow: i hate to be the one to tell you

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Base Goku and Vegeta are fine. Could guve em spirit bomb and great ape attacks. They should've made ssb a transformation like they did golden frieza. Speaking of, Yamcha is a complete waste of a slot :wow:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats

Arcsys does use a more complicated system than most devs. Most other models are simply created, rigged, and textured and then thrown into the game. Arcsys has an in between process to make sure the lighting hits the shadows this way for the anime type feel. Not simply tossing in the model in the engine and letting it do its work. Gotta make sure each part of the model is pin pointed in a way for the unique shape of the character. The video explains this. Not sure why you think this is a common thing other companies do. Not saying it’s soooo complicated that they can’t push out more characters, but companies aren’t gonna go into that effort anymore. They’re gonna take the easier/cheaper approach most of the time cuz that’s how business is now.

And I don’t like the idea of more Gokus and Vegetas, but I can understand while they’re doing. Japan has spoken and have more of a voice in what they want than we do. The more they give em what they want, the more sales :yeshrug: