Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I just found out you can start a superdash while blocking. for example, vegeta's special attack can be firing off on you and after you block the first hit you can just superdash and it'll deflect everything lol

changes everything about how i deal with him :banderas:
i agree with him. when someone gets you in an air combo theres nothing you can do except take it.
this is every fighting game out :dead:

its not just learning how to block, its learning what you ABSOLUTELY have to block. between damage scaling, combo potential (whatever's the scariest option when in a corner), assist availability, etc. like if someone needs to burn meter and an assist to open you up, thats actually really big deal. the last thing you ever want is to be hit with a clean wall bounce heavy to start a combo while your opponent has both assists up.

but either way... i've seen way too many people online who can rattle off huge combos but can't block or get in for shyt. go to training mode, set the CPU to 50 or above, and don't even attack - just stay in there until you learn how to block.

not being able to defend yourself in a fighting game is like dying nonstop in shooting games because you keep sprinting around corners. both lead to snowballing.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I just found out you can start a superdash while blocking. for example, vegeta's special attack can be firing off on you and after you block the first hit you can just superdash and it'll deflect everything lol

changes everything about how i deal with him :banderas:

this is every fighting game out :dead:

its not just learning how to block, its learning what you ABSOLUTELY have to block. between damage scaling, combo potential (whatever's the scariest option when in a corner), assist availability, etc. like if someone needs to burn meter and an assist to open you up, thats actually really big deal. the last thing you ever want is to be hit with a clean wall bounce heavy to start a combo while your opponent has both assists up.

but either way... i've seen way too many people online who can rattle off huge combos but can't block or get in for shyt. go to training mode, set the CPU to 50 or above, and don't even attack - just stay in there until you learn how to block.

not being able to defend yourself in a fighting game is like dying nonstop in shooting games because you keep sprinting around corners. both lead to snowballing.

Good find. Vegeta characters are the WOAT ki blasts and final flashes all day.

I'm starting to take a liking to Beerus and Cell. Need a character to replace Adult Gohan right now.

#18, SSJ Goatku, ???

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its kinda funny people are ok with this but in other games its a problem lol
if anything, dbfz is a hell of a lot more forgiving because after you lose a character they return both players to neutral at the center of the stage.

mahvel has you jumping into corner mixups :russ: when i see people getting mopped over and over from neutral i have no sympathy :skip:

not even for myself :mjcry:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
i agree with him. when someone gets you in an air combo theres nothing you can do except take it.

And that’s how it’s supposed to be

Lol I hate these new Age players expecting some type of combo breaker. If you don’t want to get hit then block correctly. If I hit you who are you to say I can’t continue hitting you. Lmaooo

This game isn’t even hard to block in. You get reset in neutral after every death. Deal with incoming mixups for the past 12 years then holla at me lol

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I was reading somewhere where it was pointed out how much better the damage scaling is compared to other games like mvc3. The longer the combo, the lesser the damage gets. Not a whole lot of touch of deaths lol.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
And that’s how it’s supposed to be

Lol I hate these new Age players expecting some type of combo breaker. If you don’t want to get hit then block correctly. If I hit you who are you to say I can’t continue hitting you. Lmaooo

This game isn’t even hard to block in. You get reset in neutral after every death. Deal with incoming mixups for the past 12 years then holla at me lol
X23 in the corner :damn:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Story mode is so boring. That shyt be putting me to sleep.

Went back to ranked for a sec and wrecked people still after two days of not playing it. SSBGoku's low high in his auto combo still be getting fools.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
if anything, dbfz is a hell of a lot more forgiving because after you lose a character they return both players to neutral at the center of the stage.

mahvel has you jumping into corner mixups :russ: when i see people getting mopped over and over from neutral i have no sympathy :skip:

not even for myself :mjcry:
Giving your oppents a chance :hhh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Tutorial on countering R2 dive spam...
Goku Black, so clutch.:blessed::banderas:

Elite Gaming