Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Haven't had a chance to play this yet and have NEVER gotten into the dragon ball lore so I don't know about characters etc.

Who are the zoning/keepaway types? Preferably the villains bad guys.

Yes, I'm a lame defensive player.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Haven't had a chance to play this yet and have NEVER gotten into the dragon ball lore so I don't know about characters etc.

This game isn't for you

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
This game isn't for you

why? too offensive and face paced?

I've heard the execution is super easy so that is appealing for me especially given I have little interest in the game from a thematic or lore point of view.

but answering my question would be nice.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I will say though from the little that I played and from what others are saying.....the neutral seems linear to an extent. But again think its too early to tell, the game has a lot of mechanics that clearly arent explored yet. Its day negative 11.

Same time though I remember the SFV beta being what it was, and that game is what it is. But a VS. game has more potential for fukkery so its not fair to call so soon IMO.

Heres another incoming mix up:

The mechanics are deeper that people think. Auto Combos made people think its a kids gloves game, but in all honestly its not. That incoming mix-up was a perfect example, the game is only going to be linear in the scrub tiers where people are still dropping air combos.

Also consider, there will be a HUGE number of players, especially in the early weeks, that bought the game off the love of Dragonball and don't know shyt about fighting games, even less about Guilty Gear. Don't expect to see even the same level of play/skill as you did in 1.0 Street Fighter V.

Give it a month or two, you'll see it. In fact, I saw it the moment I picked up Piccolo and Adult Gohan...I was like "There's many possibilities here :merchant:" of course it isn't going to be readily obvious when playing a buncha Goku's and Vegetas.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
why? too offensive and face paced?

I've heard the execution is super easy so that is appealing for me especially given I have little interest in the game from a thematic or lore point of view.

but answering my question would be nice.
It's offensive heavy and very fast paced.. and there's alot of fan service presentation that you won't appreciate if you never grew up watching the show

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
It's offensive heavy and very fast paced.. and there's alot of fan service presentation that you won't appreciate if you never grew up watching the show

I mean it's not like I can't play fast paced offensive games. I played UMvC3 and that's very fast paced and favours the aggressor. But I was curious if there were any zoning, keep away type characters? Regarding fan service, yeah I get it but if the game is dope enough and interesting to me it could get me into the lore.

I also play MKX, which while is not as fast as this game seemingly, still favours heavy offense and you factor in the ridiculous 50/50 mix-ups and the chip damage etc.

I've just always gravitated to defensive characters. Even in Tekken, a game without projectiles (until Akuma), I've played keep away characters in the form of those with long reaching normals and counter-pokers.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Auto combos are good to start but once you get the hang of it you on some :demonic: status.

I was going in with Gohan once I learned the mechanics a little better.

Another thing is there is nothing more satisfying then punishing a dragon rush.:ahh: with down heavy.

Last edited:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

Piccolo has a projectile that's a slow moving orb for setups. Probably the closest character to Dhalsim in SF

Beerus can summon orbs around him and choose to kick them at you, kinda sorta like Rose or Menat from SF

Aside from that everyone has Ki blasts and bigger projectiles but the zoning style can get blown up by the Super dash that goes through certain projectiles, or the Vanish attack that teleports you behind your opponent at the cost of a meter

I think in the retail game, Piccolo, Beerus, Tien, and Krillin would suit your style

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I mean it's not like I can't play fast paced offensive games. I played UMvC3 and that's very fast paced and favours the aggressor. But I was curious if there were any zoning, keep away type characters? Regarding fan service, yeah I get it but if the game is dope enough and interesting to me it could get me into the lore.

I also play MKX, which while is not as fast as this game seemingly, still favours heavy offense and you factor in the ridiculous 50/50 mix-ups and the chip damage etc.

I've just always gravitated to defensive characters. Even in Tekken, a game without projectiles (until Akuma), I've played keep away characters in the form of those with long reaching normals and counter-pokers.
I understand favoring defensive characters but this game doesn’t really have that in mind.

So far the only characters that might be alright playing keep away is Beerus because of his orbs or Hit since he is a counter type character. but really that won’t matter since for 1 bar of meter you can instantly teleport behind your opponent.

Maybe shyt might change once people really put time into it but just from my short time with the beta and watching other people stream it’s clear this game favors the offensive.

There also isn’t any combo breaker or clash type mechanic.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'll have to play it more. It seems fun but the auto-combo's wasn't doing nothing for me. I'll have to play more.
I feel like there's a deeper system there but it just feels like I'm mashing buttons. The auto combo system makes it hard to tell if I'm doing the manual combo right or if I'm just looking like a scrub.

A training mode would have helped

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like there's a deeper system there but it just feels like I'm mashing buttons. The auto combo system makes it hard to tell if I'm doing the manual combo right or if I'm just looking like a scrub.

A training mode would have helped
I think the full roster might expose the auto combo system

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not worried about the auto combos at all. You still got setups, gimmicks, extended combos, assists, baits, etc. If you can't get over the auto combo system then maybe this isn't for you.

This game is a lot of fun. I've found my game to play all day like I did when I first got MvC3.