Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I understand favoring defensive characters but this game doesn’t really have that in mind.

So far the only characters that might be alright playing keep away is Beerus because of his orbs or Hit since he is a counter type character. but really that won’t matter since for 1 bar of meter you can instantly teleport behind your opponent.

Maybe shyt might change once people really put time into it but just from my short time with the beta and watching other people stream it’s clear this game favors the offensive.

There also isn’t any combo breaker or clash type mechanic.

shyt...so this is really melee full on huh?

I'll give it a go and just pick based on aesthetics lol. Thanks for clarifying breh. I wanna get into it.

Piccolo has a projectile that's a slow moving orb for setups. Probably the closest character to Dhalsim in SF

Beerus can summon orbs around him and choose to kick them at you, kinda sorta like Rose or Menat from SF

Aside from that everyone has Ki blasts and bigger projectiles but the zoning style can get blown up by the Super dash that goes through certain projectiles, or the Vanish attack that teleports you behind your opponent at the cost of a meter

I think in the retail game, Piccolo, Beerus, Tien, and Krillin would suit your style

Ok I seen Beerus mentioned twice and he looks dope so I'm gravitating towards him. Thanks for this info man.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I understand favoring defensive characters but this game doesn’t really have that in mind.

So far the only characters that might be alright playing keep away is Beerus because of his orbs or Hit since he is a counter type character. but really that won’t matter since for 1 bar of meter you can instantly teleport behind your opponent.

Maybe shyt might change once people really put time into it but just from my short time with the beta and watching other people stream it’s clear this game favors the offensive.

There also isn’t any combo breaker or clash type mechanic.

There is definitely a clash mechanic when two normals collide at the same time. Also....Beerus lockdown below n it beats vanish as well. Only thing is if you make Beerus block his orbs disappear.

Interestingly though, Nappa's Saibamen dont go away if you make Nappa block or even hit him. Imagine the pressure you can have with Saibamen out and an assist covering you :wow:

Strategies will emerge for zoning most likely....cause even though someone can use vanish, you can anticipate and punish, and possibly use assists to cover you. We'll see how the game develops.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
There is definitely a clash mechanic when two normals collide at the same time. Also....Beerus lockdown below n it beats vanish as well. Only thing is if you make Beerus block his orbs disappear.

Interestingly though, Nappa's Saibamen dont go away if you make Nappa block or even hit him. Imagine the pressure you can have with Saibamen out and an assist covering you :wow:

Strategies will emerge for zoning most likely....cause even though someone can use vanish, you can anticipate and punish, and possibly use assists to cover you. We'll see how the game develops.

I was talking more of the injustice type clash since that’s one of the games bruh said he played.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Piccolo has a projectile that's a slow moving orb for setups. Probably the closest character to Dhalsim in SF

Beerus can summon orbs around him and choose to kick them at you, kinda sorta like Rose or Menat from SF

Aside from that everyone has Ki blasts and bigger projectiles but the zoning style can get blown up by the Super dash that goes through certain projectiles, or the Vanish attack that teleports you behind your opponent at the cost of a meter

I think in the retail game, Piccolo, Beerus, Tien, and Krillin would suit your style

Piccolo is THE traps, mix-up fighter in the game. He doesn't even have an airborne beam, his ground beam is a slow moving set-up/pressure tool and Special Beam Cannon can be charged for more strategic use. Even Hellzone Grenade is a mix-up super.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
18, Piccolo and Adult Gohan.

This team is crazy to use, 18 is so fast and can play the mix-up game with the best of them. That barrier :picard:

Whenever I use Gohan I reach level 7 immediately. Crossover potential is uncanny.

Long arm Piccolo, resets for days. Can't wait to crank these guys up some more in practice mode.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
Haven't had a chance to play this yet and have NEVER gotten into the dragon ball lore so I don't know about characters etc.

Who are the zoning/keepaway types? Preferably the villains bad guys.

Yes, I'm a lame defensive player.

Frieza. He has a Dormammu type of style that rewards keep away play. Sounds like he would foot your description perfectly.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Frieza. He has a Dormammu type of style that rewards keep away play. Sounds like he would foot your description perfectly.

Perfect. I loved playing Dormammu. Anyone that plays like Super Skrull? Long range normals and command grabs?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Only permanent character on my team so far is adult gohan. Bruh is a beast. Need to try out more of the cast to figure out the other two spots.