Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just need them to honor these from DAI:

-Empress Celene and Briala reconiled
-Sided w/ Mages and Free'd them (?)
-Iron Bull alive and loyal (?)
-Morrigan drank from the Well
-Leliana (softened!) as Divine
-Inquisitor romanced Cassandra
-Cullen off that lyrium crack
-Hawke survived fade/Stroud in the bushes (?)
-Didn't help southern Wardens rebuild (?)
-Spread the truth about Ameridan (?)
-Inquisition disbanded

:mjcry: Damn 2 out of 11. First news where I felt like they shytted on me.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
name another franchise that even attempted to intertwine complex and branching storylines/character growth over two decades
A reference or a cameo is not going to kill anybody :comeon:

You have Morrigan in this game but no reference to Kieran or the Well of Sorrows? Asinine :comeon:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Again... a reference or a cameo is not going to kill anybody. If they didn't waste the first years trying to make Dreadwolf some type of live service mmo bullshyt money printer they wouldn't have had to make so many drastic changes to a tried and true formula cutting corners :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Again... a reference or a cameo is not going to kill anybody. If they didn't waste the first years trying to make Dreadwolf some type of live service mmo bullshyt money printer they wouldn't have had to make so many drastic changes to a tried and true formula cutting corners :francis:
if you stuck on it im not even gonna bother fr lol

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
name another franchise that even attempted to intertwine complex and branching storylines/character growth over two decades
That’s what Dragon Age Keep was for :yeshrug:

It kept track of everybody’s World States all they had to do was incorporate that & build around it

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I've played all three DA's up to this point and don't remember a damn thing about the story. Like, I'n reading posts in here lamenting past decisions & hopeful cameos confused as hell. I just remember my breh knocking down Morrigan who was a witch and potentially creating some sort of God baby.:pachaha: I think I recall a preview stating that there was something unique Bioware does with the opening as it pertains to the previous games, so I'm sure some things can be followed up on.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
shyt...mass effect last that come to mind
yeah and that's why i said two decades. ME is only between 2007 and 2012 for 1-3.

There's so much DA will be from 2009 - 2024. I don't think people even realize how much content and work goes into certain dropped/unsalvageable narrative threads that get a 'cameo'.

Like DA got so complicated, that Leliana can technically be a spirit the same as Cole because players could've killed her back in DA:O lol. Like if you peel the layers back, you're looking a potential demon as Divine.

Some hard resets are gonna have to happen when each game is its own branching path, but not even the best writers in fiction can stay aligned over 10+ years. Things like Meta Gear Solid are straight nonsense and folks will straight up tell you its part of the charm lol

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
yeah and that's why i said two decades. ME is only between 2007 and 2012 for 1-3.

There's so much DA will be from 2009 - 2024. I don't think people even realize how much content and work goes into certain dropped/unsalvageable narrative threads that get a 'cameo'.

Like DA got so complicated, that Leliana can technically be a spirit the same as Cole because players could've killed her back in DA:O lol. Like if you peel the layers back, you're looking a potential demon as Divine.

Some hard resets are gonna have to happen when each game is its own branching path, but not even the best writers in fiction can stay aligned over 10+ years. Things like Meta Gear Solid are straight nonsense and folks will straight up tell you its part of the charm lol

true, thats why dedicated dlc runs/consistent updates is important if the branching route is what you take imo
you can add what you remember as you go lol.
Might as well, since it takes so long between games

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I've played all three DA's up to this point and don't remember a damn thing about the story. Like, I'n reading posts in here lamenting past decisions & hopeful cameos confused as hell. I just remember my breh knocking down Morrigan who was a witch and potentially creating some sort of God baby.:pachaha: I think I recall a preview stating that there was something unique Bioware does with the opening as it pertains to the previous games, so I'm sure some things can be followed up on.

Last couple pages been kinda wild :mjlol:

Talkin about we’ll have to settle for a 8.5/10 game :skip:

Talkin about why we omitting decisions I made 2 console generations ago in 2011 :mjcry:

I pray Andraste help these nyggas relax :pachaha: