Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
yeah and that's why i said two decades. ME is only between 2007 and 2012 for 1-3.

There's so much DA will be from 2009 - 2024. I don't think people even realize how much content and work goes into certain dropped/unsalvageable narrative threads that get a 'cameo'.

Like DA got so complicated, that Leliana can technically be a spirit the same as Cole because players could've killed her back in DA:O lol. Like if you peel the layers back, you're looking a potential demon as Divine.

Some hard resets are gonna have to happen when each game is its own branching path, but not even the best writers in fiction can stay aligned over 10+ years. Things like Meta Gear Solid are straight nonsense and folks will straight up tell you its part of the charm lol

I was with you until this part. My shyt poetry loving bad hair cut pawg Cassandra is the divine :ufdup:

:pacspit: to your branching timeline

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Hold up, we got nikkas in this thread complaining about everything from the art style to the UI to fukking killmonger cuts... but bring up importing choices and it's "you going too far now, relax :whoa:"

May the dreadwolf take all y'all :russ:
At least we not complaining about optional scars & pronouns

Those people not seeing The Maker:scust:

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
At least we not complaining about optional scars & pronouns

Those people not seeing The Maker:scust:

Those weirdos are STILL mass disliking every remotely positive veilguard video on youtube. Can't wait to watch them cry when this wins GOTY :ahh:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
e82jylayvtrd1.jpeg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Y'all really don't understand how difficult it would be to weave all the choices from the previous games into Veilgard.

Just give a rest and enjoy Veilgaurd for what it is.

All of the stuff I wanted to crossover was from DAI and while I'm disappointed it's not a deal breaker, I been pre-ordered the game anyway.

It's a win if I enjoy story and gameplay, if I'm not feeling both on game day... I'll just have to hold that L :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all really don't understand how difficult it would be to weave all the choices from the previous games into Veilgard.

Just give a rest and enjoy Veilgaurd for what it is.

The protagonist from the first game, who is canonically one of the most important people to live in Thedas' current era, has been in the bushes for most of the series due to all the variables of what they could've done, and we're somehow just now taking an issue with choices not being carried forward fully. :dead:

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
All of the stuff I wanted to crossover was from DAI and while I'm disappointed it's not a deal breaker, I been pre-ordered the game anyway.

It's a win if I enjoy story and gameplay, if I'm not feeling both on game day... I'll just have to hold that L :francis:

Same here to all of this. The combat in particular is going to make or break it for me. Everything else I'm cautiously optimistic about.

The story should be the easiest W. With all these lore mysteries finally being revealed and big, ongoing plotlines finally coming to a head, I'm pretty confident here. Even with the lack of continuity with past decisions, that's supposedly made up for by the story's reactivity to in-game choices... Incidentally, that's the real reason the writers themselves are giving for the decision to ignore past choices, not this "bu-bu-but too many variables, it's too hard :sadcam:" narrative this thread invented out of thin air and started parroting

The character designs and their facial animations still seem a bit goofy, but the environments we've seen so far are beautiful. Might be a Hogwarts Legacy kind of situation where the characters looked a lot better moving around in the world. Haven't seen much of the gear customization options, but the character creator looks great.

I've been following the expanded media and these companions feel like they could be up there with DAII's. It sounds like they're bringing back the friendship/rivalry system too :damn:

But combat :patrice:
I'm still really skeptical about only 2 companions and 3 abilities at a time... but everyone from the preview event keeps pointing to combat as a highlight, so I'll keep an open mind

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They should move the release date up because there’s so much info and gameplay out there now.

The rage online about the lack of world state choices imported is understandable… but also a little funny. It’s kinda crazy that the well of sorrows choice isn’t one of the options.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tbh. I don't have faith in this being successful.
Bioware blew the entirety of last generation.
Which is crazy to think about.

I'm going to wait until release and cop used at a later date.