Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Soooo apparently only three of your choices from the ENTIRETY OF THE SERIES THUS FAR far will be included in Veilguard :beli:

Who your inquisitor romanced
If you disbanded the inquisition or not
If you decided to try to redeem Solas or kill him

I've been very optimistic about this game. Still think I'm going to enjoy it, but I'll admit being deeply disappointed here.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Soooo apparently only three of your choices from the ENTIRETY OF THE SERIES THUS FAR far will be included in Veilguard :beli:

Who your inquisitor romanced
If you disbanded the inquisition or not
If you decided to try to redeem Solas or kill him

I've been very optimistic about this game. Still think I'm going to enjoy it, but I'll admit being deeply disappointed here.
Trying to intertwine all those choices from first 3 games would be impossible narratively. Its a decade later and a completely different location. Story not being bogged down from past games is probably for the best

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
Trying to intertwine all those choices from first 3 games would be impossible narratively. Its a decade later and a completely different location. Story not being bogged down from past games is probably for the best

My issue is some of those choices are relevant to Veilguard's story. Like, if you want to ignore who rules Ferelden right now or something like that, cool. That's not relevant

but, mannnnn

weisshaupt gets attacked by an archdemon in veilguard... My Inquisitor banished all the grey wardens of Orlais to Weisshaupt ... what's the point of adding that specific location just to ignore the huge decision we made regarding that location :beli:

Morrigan and the Inquisitor both return. ONE of them drank from the well of sorrows. We couldn't get some kind of acknowledgement of that?

Stuff like THAT not making the cut is what disappoints me. Now, the writers have stated that they made the creative decision to focus the story on reactivity to choices made in-game rather than across games. I understand that reasoning...but it does feel like they threw out the baby with the bath water

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
My issue is some of those choices are relevant to Veilguard's story. Like, if you want to ignore who rules Ferelden right now or something like that, cool. That's not relevant

but, mannnnn

weisshaupt gets attacked by an archdemon in veilguard... My Inquisitor banished all the grey wardens of Orlais to Weisshaupt ... what's the point of adding that specific location just to ignore the huge decision we made regarding that location :beli:

Morrigan and the Inquisitor both return. ONE of them drank from the well of sorrows. We couldn't get some kind of acknowledgement of that?

Stuff like THAT not making the cut is what disappoints me. Now, the writers have stated that they made the creative decision to focus the story on reactivity to choices made in-game rather than across games. I understand that reasoning...but it does feel like they threw out the baby with the bath water
Unless youve seen the games script it kinda to early to complain about something that can easily be explained later in game

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Solas did nothing wrong :yeshrug:

:usure:

You say that when he out here fukkin' up worse than Ted Faro? And there's a possibility he's being manipulated. "I had plans.." :mjlol: I don't think buddy really knows what he's doing. You gonna feel that way if you, everything you worked for, your friends and fam gotta go for his plan to work and on a maybe?

giphy.webp

He should have killed himself or kept it moving after Corypheus got clapped.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
This is cope brother I’m sorry :yeshrug: