Dragon Age: The Veilguard (October 31, 2024)

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
BioWare name is just toxic at this point

They will not be given benefit of doubt

All these reaction videos on YouTube to preview are the same

“Oh well i guess it doesn’t look terrible”

So much bias. Feel bad for developers who worked hard on this game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Thats the result of spending the last 10 years putting out really bad products. You lose the benefit of the doubt

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
there's little chance I actually remember all my choices from 10 years ago. oh well :manny:

I just need them to honor these from DAI:

-Empress Celene and Briala reconiled
-Sided w/ Mages and Free'd them
-Iron Bull alive and loyal
-Morrigan drank from the Well (:lupe: they said Morrigan ain't in Veilguard so this might be a problem)
-Leliana (softened!) as Divine
-Inquisitor romanced Cassandra (Seeker's restored)
-Cullen off that lyrium crack
-Hawke survived fade/Stroud in the bushes
-Didn't help southern Wardens rebuild :yeshrug:
-Spread the truth about Ameridan
-Inquisition disbanded/ON SIGHT for Solas

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Most of them videos come from people who never played the series/racist who love to call all these game woke & call out DEI and other buzzwords they like too use for clicks

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I just need them to honor these from DAI:

-Empress Celene and Briala reconiled
-Sided w/ Mages and Free'd them
-Iron Bull alive and loyal
-Morrigan drank from the Well (:lupe: they said Morrigan ain't in Veilguard so this might be a problem)
-Leliana (softened!) as Divine
-Inquisitor romanced Cassandra (Seeker's restored)
-Cullen off that lyrium crack
-Hawke survived fade/Stroud in the bushes
-Didn't help southern Wardens rebuild :yeshrug:
-Spread the truth about Ameridan
-Inquisition disbanded/ON SIGHT for Solas
Now hold the fukk up

What now:gucci:

She’s not in this:dahell:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Now hold the fukk up

What now:gucci:

She’s not in this:dahell:

Yeah, back in 2022 on twitter Claudia Black said she wasn't returning. I'm pretty sure drinking from the Well Of Sorrows is a big deal. :patrice: The Inquisitor can't force other companions to drink from it and Solas notably either freaks out if the Inquisitor drinks or strongly declines at the idea if he's asked to do it. So I guess in Veilguard the canon is that the Inquisitor drank it. I guess if they do want to honor that players didn't drink from the Well, Morrigan gets an offscreen death from it anyway.

And Alistair (King of Fereldan in my playthrough) is not returning either. :francis:

Last edited:
Daps

Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X and PC in Fall 2024

Consoles: Quality and Performance modes (60FPS)

Photo mode is confirmed

Fully offline single player, no EA account linking, no micro-transactions'

Play as a human, elf, dwarf, or Qunari

Choose your backstory, 6 factions to choose from when you create your character, all with "deep roots in Thedas": Antivan Crows, Grey Wardens, Shadow Dragons, Veil Jumpers, Lords of Fortune, The Mourne Watch

Each faction offers 3 distinct buffs each, like being able to hold an extra potion or do extra damage against certain enemies, and the odd reference in dialogue

You can customize your Inquisitor from Dragon Age: Inquisition in the character creator and "make a few key decisions that will impact how The Veilguard begins"

There are some "killer cameos" from past games that show up

Warrior Class: Use a sword and shield or two handed weapon to send enemies flying

Rogue Class: Utilizes quick movement and reflexes. You can wield a bow or dual swords with "powerful, precise strikes for lethal damage"

Mage Class: Use magic to incinerate, freeze, electrocute and crush. Some cast from afar, while others prefer close quarters combat

Each class also has 3 sub-specializations, such as duelist, saboteur, or veil ranger for the Rogue

Classes also have unique 'resource system's, for example, the Rogue has "momentum", which builds up as you land consecutive hits, and each will always have a ranged option

One Rogue momentum attack is a "hip fire" option we saw for the Rogue's bow, letting you pop off arrows from the waist

Another momentum attack for the Warrior lets you lob your shield at enemies

Quests are more handcrafted and mission based, curated with alternate paths, secrets to discover and optional content

There are also open ended explorable areas Party size of 3 during combat, ala Mass Effect Combat is focused on real-time action, dodge, parry, counter, "sophisticated animation canceling and branching", using risk-reward charge attacks designed to break enemy armor layers

Enemies have elemental weaknesses and resistances, and you can chain together elemental combos for extra damage

One example is a squadmate using a gravity well attack to suck enemies in, another slowing them down, and the player then unleashing a big AOE attack

You don't take direct control of companions like past Dragon Age games, but you can still pause and issues ability commands for you and your allies

There is a hub area for the player like Skyhold and the Normandy, called The Lighthouse

Companions can eventually start romancing other characters if you opt not to romance them

Each companion also has unique missions tied to them that play into the larger story

Nudity confirmed - romance scenes can get "a little spicy" "Incredibly deep" character creator: 5 categories including: Lineage, Appearance, Class, Faction, Playstyle

Players can also choose different body sizes and shapes Dozens of hairstyles to choose from, with "individual strands of hair rendered separately and reacting quite remarkably to in-game physics", pulled from EA Sports Character creator lets you adjust the lighting so you can be sure your character looks good

The team wanted to balance the look of the game with both light and darkness. "When everything is dark, nothing really feels dark. For this one, we really wanted to build that contrast again."

Skill tree is "vast", you can also set up specific companions with certain kits, from tackling specific enemy types to being more of a supporting healer or flexible all-rounders

There are tarot cards you go through during the character creation process that will let you choose decisions from past games to implement into Veilguard

The team teases you may lose some characters during the story

To be honest I'm pleasantly surprised by what they've shown in the gameplay preview. I could understand the reactions to the tonal shift of the first trailer but the massive downvote to the gameplay trailers smells like :mjpls: . I gave up on Bioware a long time ago but I'm willing to give them a chance this time. Besides this is quite the uneventful year for me, I'm only waiting for Hades 2 proper's release and don't have anything else in mind that I'm waiting for.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, back in 2022 on twitter Claudia Black said she wasn't returning. I'm pretty sure drinking from the Well Of Sorrows is a big deal. :patrice: The Inquisitor can't force other companions to drink from it and Solas notably either freaks out if the Inquisitor drinks or strongly declines at the idea if he's asked to do it. So I guess in Veilguard the canon is that the Inquisitor drank it. I guess if they do want to honor that players didn't drink from the Well, Morrigan gets an offscreen death from it anyway.

And Alistair (King of Fereldan in my playthrough) is not returning either. :francis:

fukk this game, I'll wait for a sale.

"We spent a lot of time on skin tone 🥰"
I could be Black since Origins :gucci:

Spend more time on the damn story!

Long time vets getting fukked again.

Only two companions this time?! Ugh
Watch you choose Grey Warden and they gonna act like they just a band of mercs :francis:

Leliana gonna be a priest somewhere because she is somebodies ingame girlfriend.

Not having Alistair around during a world ending calamity is, even if he is king, can't act like he don't do nothing
:dahell:

I'm stuck with the Dwarves I guess, rest of the cast is a Tumblr fantasy come to life :scusthov:

Harding got a nice glo up. That's the only positive I got.

Companions can eventually start romancing other characters if you opt not to romance them

And people are gonna scream that the game is promoting Cuck culture or some shyt because of this :dead:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
After watching preview again. It definitely reminds me of Hogwartz Legacy. I enjoyed Hogwartz so not a bad thing to me. They just have to deliver a fire story because Hogwartz legacy definitely fell flat in that department. But Bioware/EA definitely wants the casual fan.

I played Dragon age origins through and through probably half a dozen times but that play style is so dated especially on a console. All these hardcore fans clamoring for throwback to then is just not realistic.

Baldur gate/D&D combo was such an anomaly and can’t be duplicated. Trying to compete with Larian in that lane would be a massive mistake. Despite all BG3 success its still a very niche game. Hogwartz legacy easily made significantly more money which is probably the most important thing to EA

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
After watching preview again. It definitely reminds me of Hogwartz Legacy. I enjoyed Hogwartz so not a bad thing to me. They just have to deliver a fire story because Hogwartz legacy definitely fell flat in that department. But Bioware/EA definitely wants the casual fan.

I played Dragon age origins through and through probably half a dozen times but that play style is so dated especially on a console. All these hardcore fans clamoring for throwback to then is just not realistic.

Baldur gate/D&D combo was such an anomaly and can’t be duplicated. Trying to compete with Larian in that lane would be a massive mistake. Despite all BG3 success its still a very niche game. Hogwartz legacy easily made significantly more money which is probably the most important thing to EA
This chart clearly shows bg3 made way more money than hogwarts. If any one thinks this game was niche they are fools.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
This chart clearly shows bg3 made way more money than hogwarts. If any one thinks this game was niche they are fools.

The console numbers? Hogwartz clearly sold the most of any game in 2023.

Everything online say Larian doesn’t release that data. Just that it is over 10 million while Hogwartz is over 20 million. Harry potter universe is a cash cow:yeshrug: